THE NEXT BIG BLUE-COLLAR JOB IS CODING

THE NEXT BIG BLUE-COLLAR JOB IS CODING

wired.com/2017/02/programming-is-the-new-blue-collar-job/?mbid=social_fb

Other urls found in this thread:

kodewithklossy.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>(almost) all men
>requires no degree
>can leave you with debilitating health problems (carpal tunnel)
story checks out.

not if they keep outsourcing to pajeet it's not

we UNION now

It's about time to clear most universities from people that have no place in it but are there anyway because they can't be a code monkey without a degree.

I don't think it's fair to label 'programming' as one profession at this point.
Software scales poorly with amount of people. So you'll have software where they just throw a bunch of idiots at the problem and software where you need good programmers who knows things.

I'm also not entirely sure anyone can be a good programmer anymore. I used to believe that but I've tried teaching now and that quickly kills confidence in most of them. The gap between good and bad is just too big.

I also don't see all the speed bumps going away any time soon. Software trends like [insert language here] and [insert paradigm or design principles here] always fail and there's no end to it. I'm sure we will begin recycling old ideas soon. And I'm actually quite positive with regards to pair programming and bad programmers.
Maybe two half-brains can make a whole.

>working at a desk in an office
>blue collar

>I'm not sure anyone can be a good programmer
I meant _just_ anyone. I used to think it was just about training and that the domain will require some intelligence.

Sexist! *everyone* can be a good programmer.

You gotta give the shit skins something to do or they will pick up arms. Society 101.

Tradies are too stupid to code.

I have tried teaching a few guys, to mitigated success, do you perhaps have any tips for teaching ?

their average iq is probably around 103

shocking

I work with tradies, and I can tell you, their IQ is not even close to 100.

>*everyone* can be a good programmer.
where are the proofs?

kodewithklossy.com/

i meant evidence to support *your* statement

Typical men! always want proof instead of using your feelings!

keep telling yourself that. one day you might end up working for one

Iq means fucking nothing. I work part time as a receptionist in hotel and I will never fucking believe that average iq is around 100. Most people can't even open the front door, or use basic kitchen devices like kettles, toasters, microwaves.

I think there needs to be a new classification. IT and respective surrounding fields are finding themselves engaged more and more in both blue collar work and white collar work, as duties entail.

Simple blue collar/white collar distinction doesn't serve so well anymore and I imagine that distinction won't last long either the further we go along.

it's currently full of faggot sjws though.

>wanting proof is bad
I can see why women suck at math.

maybe somewhere in yurop.

holy shit her site is so bloated what the fuck

I'm more concerned about my back.

it was Koded by Klossy