There is literally nothing wrong with systemd

There is literally nothing wrong with systemd.

GOY. This message is approved by Lennart Poettering.

This. systemd is the last nail to in the UNIX philosophy coffin. Whatever the spergs here say, it's going to be adopted and used. C is going to die off, and C++ is going to replaced by Java, Python, C# and other humongous shit. Linux now is a giant monolithic kernel. MIT won. The right thing won. Fuck UNIX.

Even if there was no shady shit behind it, there would be wrong things about it, as it is the case with any software.

>There is literally nothing wrong with systemd.
If that is true, then there is nothing right about it also.

Dubs checked

It's absolutely a useless mess of complexity for home desktop users. Name one 'feature' from it that your average user needs that runit or openRC doesn't have

>inb4 boot times
it isn't 2014 anymore. openRC boots as fast and runit boots way faster than systemd
>inb4 i-it's easier to write u-unit files
I'm talking of the average user, not sysadmin from some software company

Go hang yourself, shill.

The home user gets no big benefits but doesn't notice the complexity either. For 98% of the people on this board the only noticeable difference is that when they have to restart a daemon they type systemctl instead of service.

fucking nihilist

There is no such thing as perfection.
But this is not a problem either.

fuck you!

I don't know why Ubuntu gets so much shit for bloat, it's Redhat behind systemd, pulseaudio and deprecating unix standards like ifconfig.

The problems that systemd fixed are already irrelevant. Fast bootup for elastic scaleout? Welcome to containers.

>boot times

The irony of syndromed boot times is you need to reboot way more often since syndromed.

what's the name of that cute trap that is a BSD programmer and hates sytemd?

Amazon scamware

>Java, Python, C#
Out you go Pajeet

The only one going out is you. Linux is going to be rewritten in Java.

Oh God please no

>Linux means choice
>almost all distributions now use systemd
nice meme

>Linux means choice
>almost all distributions now use bash shell
nice meme