PCs - Personal Computers

Did it die or not yet? Did Tablets and Smatphones kill it?

Yes

>Turns out it was clickbait after all.

No one is surprised.

So why did this happened? It was supposed to be dead.

>increase in 0.6% after 5 years of steep decline
hmm

Turns out most people don't do much with their computers anyway.

Make sense, i didn't change my laptop until recently. I don't have to buy one every year like a shitty smartphone.

>imblying

I can see the need for laptops dying. Most people who work blue collar jobs only need a phone. People that require computers only need a desktop now. Even students in worthwhile degree programs don't even need a laptop, just an e-reader or tablet for textbooks from libgen plus a desktop. The only people that NEED a laptop are people in worthless degree programs like liberal arts and humanities.

>PCs sold 10 years ago are completely usable for normie use still
>pc sales go down
really makes you think

Normies will probably quit using PCs. My normie roommate and most of his friends do not even own laptops, they just use their phones and maybe chromecasts for Netflix.

It's interesting how much windows have shot down yet OSX has stayed relatively consistent

Tablets is dead or it's going to die. The new shit is the 2-in-1 Laptop

what's their jobs?

No, Microsoft killed it with WinSpy 10

Laptops are dying. There is no market for it outside of media and liberals arts. They are the jack of all trades, master of none tech now.

>risen
They mean ryzen.

Just goes to show that people are finally coming to their senses and ditching Windows

Yea ditching windows for android..... user think.

More like M$ and their (((friend))) (Asus, Lenovo, HP etc) keep tryingto save it.

Regular laptops are over the rise of convertible laptops.

Your not so tech savvy parents and grandparents sold off their old pentium 4s for tablets while pc gaming is rising

Just because billions of pajeets and chongs are coming into the digital age due to the poo in loo mobile os android doesn't mean less people are using desktops

>win32 emulation on ARM

really fucking interesting.

??? It bascially QEMU. Intel won't let it happen.

Sorry user, I don't follow VM stuff. Didn't realize it's been done before with decent success.

But, just so I understand, this isn't full x86 emulation? This is more a la WINE?

No. Like Wangblows, they won't die since you can't do office work on a tablet

this is the stupidest fucking graph fuck you user for posting it. how about you post a graph with some god damn numbers instead of "market share" numbers skewed by the fucking indians and their $10 android phones

If videogames didnt exist no one would own a pc

i hope so. fuck IBM compat PCs

nonfree bullshit and a lot of bad design.

why not?

just put a keyboard and plug it into a monitor.

wine is not an emulator
it translates windows instructions into native ones

They aren't in college right?

Those applications will be emulated on the platform. When an application is first run, it will be translated from x86 into native ARM64 instructions, and cached both in-memory and on disk for future use. These Compiled Hybrid Portable Execution DLLs (CHPE) are where the magic happens. These files contain native ARM code and interface with the WOW (Windows on Windows) abstraction layer. It should have native or near-native performance when run on ARM devices according to them but who knows

the more a technology has been around the more likely its to continue in the future