Wow

Wow

it needs a skirt to hide those ugly ass cables

Is that a heatsink case? A fanless x86 PC?

Its fucking WHITE!

mods are asleep post sinks

This

nice fingerbox

looks like a transformer, cool

Extreeeeeeme

Yeah, works OK for light workloads from what I gather.

If they thought this through to its logical conclusion they would add the option for a 180mm fan on top.

Haven't thought about my old fingerbox decades. Probably somewhere in the basement

Look at all the wasted space between the fins and the base.

I'm no mechanical engineer but it seems it'd dissipate more heat if it was just designed like a normal heatsink, fins coming up vertically straight from the base.

/Thread

I'm no engineer either, but this lets air flow through from the beginning of the case to the end right through the sink, improving airflow overall, where vertical fins would be like a wall to the air.

sorry, wrong pic

>vertical fins would be like a wall to the air.
airflow is unidirectional anyway, make sure the fins/troughs are aligned with the airflow and you won't have any problems. There is absolutely nothing to gain from all that wasted space between the base and the fins. I'm not gonna run a simulation but distance is crucial for heat dissipation and that heatsink is wasting all the "prime real-estate".

Take the rods, turn 'em into fins that spike directly from the base, and you probably have a design that's 2x as efficient.

What the hell is a fingerbox

found the newfag

Supposedly it does just fine with up to 65w processors, but performance is better with lower tdp of course
I imagine something like the 54w Pentium g4560 + a passive gpu like a 1030 would be really cool

Ram clearance, all wide heatsink are like that

AHA I GOT YOU
I WAS MERELY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED

You have shit taste.

Undervolted underclocked ryzen 1700 with a Palit KalmX 1050ti.

Qt computer dedicated case skirts when?

God damn, now with the huge improvement in low power processors this is pretty cool, I might consider something like it when I upgrade my media pc from the shit laptop I'm using

Raven Ridge APU and a TV card. Best media center PC ever

It is somewhat cute but colorless.

>Using the case as a heatsink
good idea
>that bunch of building restrictions
Nah thanks.
I would really like to see a case / heat transfer technology that allows me to use a metal desktop for heatsiking purposes

>turn on computer
>it flies away

They have tgat. Even as an aluminum server rack case. Guess what though? They all have
>that bunch of build restrictions
Physics can't be broken.

it's a fat piece of shit

Give me sauces you fucking animal

>Physics can't be broken.
I didnt mean that, I was talking about being able to use only certain mobos because of the CPU socket location. Go the the manufacturer's page and you'll se what Im talking about.
But All that aluminum anly to dissipate 65W? Why would not they male a case with a greater surface to be able to dissipate the heat better?
IMHO this is sacrificing way too much thermal dissipation efficiency just for looks

>those bent cables
lel