Depressed Programmers United

Hey guys, I've been seriously depressed for a while and generally incapable of doing anything productive. I'm unemployed but I have a CS and Math degree, and I'm trying to work on some programming projects to improve my skills and build up a portfolio.

Sadly, I'm too much of a sad degenerate to properly motivate myself, so I'm wondering if anyone here would be interested in working on a project together.

I have a solid understand of the fundamentals, algorithms, data structures etc, but I don't have much experience with any technologies in particular, though I'm down to learn anything, provided its not some functional autism like Haskell (not that there's anything wrong with that, I'm studying it for fun currently, but I'm a long way from making something elaborate with it).

I think it would be nice to just work together with someone on something, even if it isn't special. I want to work with people who have experience in programming though, so if you haven't completed a couple courses and aren't capable of self-teaching then this probably isn't for you.

Post here if you're interested.

I'm fine with Java, Python, or even C (a bit rusty with C, but I've taken several university courses where it was mandatory for homework and projects, so I know all my pointer shit)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BBR5v89L6gk
youtube.com/watch?v=QUAZDfND_dE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ugh, I hate bumping, but I'm hoping someone will read this.

I'd love to user but I'm an absolute total noob. Still bumping to do you a favor.

Bump for a fellow user

Why not focus on dealing with your depression instead of programming something? Or try to find a job.

I'll work with you

post some sort of contact information so we can get in touch

Too lazy to come up with a good response
I'll bump for sympathy

I'm in the same boat. Ended up a mechanic, but I never forgot how to program. Just no idea what do make.

I'm doing both.
I plan on finding a job once I've de-rusted and have some projects under my belt that I can at least talk about to show experience.

My GPA is actually pretty solid 4.10 (on a 4.33 scale) from a top Canadian university, but it's been several years since I've graduated and I wasn't working as a developer. I feel the need to get some practice in first and prove that I can still code.

Probably retarded reasoning, but I've already got some project under way so I might as well finish them first. How else am I supposed to demonstrate skills if I've never had a programming job before?

Contact info OP?

I would like to work with you but I am a shitskin brazilian that doesn't know properly english.

Ok, how about you add me on Discord:

axiom#1690

What are you interested in doing? I'm fine with anything. I almost just want a sanity check to make sure my coding style isn't retarded, and it would be good to get some experience with source control (git ideally).

see my discord

I will contact you shortly. I'm not an expert programmer but I work as a system engineer and have a lot of infrastructure and server hardware at my disposal if you'd like to get something set up.

I want to join this group

add me on discord axiom#1690

I'll set up a server where we can gather

Is it possible to join discord server without signing up?

Might as well just make an account. It's either that or we use skype or something less anonymous.

Discord is the hotness right now, so whatever, I chose it. Entirely web based makes it nice and platform independent for all you gentoofags.

Would you be interested in being my sensei desu?

Doubt I can be of much help. But if you're just starting out and trying to learn, you can join the discord group and ask questions.

I don't want to be rude, but I'm not keen on working on a project with absolute beginners, but perhaps some other noobs will show up.

Where abouts are you located?

dude if you're depressed and need money go get a part time job that doesn't have anything to do with programming so you at least get some work experience

you can dick around in your spare time. i know it's your life and everything but what is the point of frogposting about one's personal faults. shit is whiny and annoying

Hey I work as a programmer now.

Where can I join this group?

BC, Canada

Don't need money you cunt. I'm a sad little bitch who wants to practice coding because I"m delusional and think I can't get a job.
The point of this thread was to find other people who can perhaps relate, so we can band together or some gay shit like that. get lost

here you go discord(dot)gg/Yu5g8
I don't know if we'll end up doing anything, but maybe. Not many people have joined up, and some of them don't code (but wanted to join anyway)

Get better user!

>Don't need money you cunt. I'm a sad little bitch who wants to practice coding because I"m delusional and think I can't get a job.
>don't need money
>can't get a job
>telling me to get lost
So you're looking for a circle jerk? Don't get mad because I'm not interested in coddling you dude

>unemployed CS grad
>unemployed

you're doing it wrong. do freelance work or contribute to open source or something. even when your employed you should be doing other projects in your spare time or other pajeets will destroy you.

1. start reading pic related
2. get a psychiatrist for some additional medication
3. find a good psychotherapy
4. get a solid daily structure
5. clean up your room ( youtube.com/watch?v=BBR5v89L6gk )
6. make something out of yourself ( youtube.com/watch?v=QUAZDfND_dE )
7. ????
8. Profit!

t. a depressed user who is almost out of it. Just gotta fix some minor issues
I can really recommend that book. It is a great start

Go hang yourself, dumb frog poster.

>you will never be a pointer

>tfw always a primitive