Ceres conoliztion

because fuck mars we need ceres. ceres has liquid water on the surface lots in fact it shoots 13 gallons into space every day. it is also in the asteroid belt meaning we can use it a hub for mining in the asteroid belt. i am thinking you build a world house in casing the entire tiny world inside and jut keep building out ward the whole planet is only 605 wide we should colonize this dwarf planet and mine the asteroid belt to fun future space missions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m9DSX71bGz4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Colonize Mars, turn it in to Pakistan around the base, then jump to Ceres where we can then jump shit back to Mars for processing then back to Earth. Terraforming Mars in the process to be hospitable with Ceres water.

The problem is it is still a 7 month trip from Earth to Mars. The distance to Ceres is almost 8 times that far.

So in the scope of human life. You are asking a team of people to live onboard a ship for a little over 2.5 years. Just for traveling there mind you. Just to get to Ceres from Earth. Realistically, we are looking at someone spending ten years of their life in the most dangerous environment, performing some of the most dangerous work.

This is why we need robots.

Your travel times are minimum energy transfers-- you should expect anything carrying humans to be moving much faster. The SpaceX ITS is planned to take 2-3 months to Mars, for example.

fuck mars it will take 10,000 years to make it habitable for humans ceres launch window is more often ceres has water. mars has some frozen. youtube.com/watch?v=m9DSX71bGz4

>fuck mars it will take 10,000 years to make it habitable for humans
You don't need to make it habitable for humans, you just need to make a habitat for humans to live in.
Mars as a base for operations to Ceres would make more sense than Earth because of the gravity and atmosphere.

the whole point of this post was to take about colonizing ceres to mine the asteroid belt to make a insane profit. staph talking about mars this is a ceres thread.

The problem is bringing that ore back to Earth.

How are you going to land it? How are you going to land hundreds or thousands of tons of ore in one go?

not in one go their a asteroid made of platinum this would be the first object i would mine. create space founded country ( first country founded off earth) with a platinum backed dollar. i just want to make a money that is extremely powerful to fund further missions into space/ more mining objects

>not in one go
Excellent. So you need a series of launches or hundreds of craft to bring the ore or refined materials back.

Unless we get something like a space elevator working I just don't see large scale return of materials from space to Earth, ore or refined, being viable.

Sure, it is a problem that can have a solution, but you're not going to have return until you solve it. So everything you mine and refine in space is going to be worthless until you've actually got a way to use it.

>something like a space elevator
who told you i have a masive hard on for space elevators.

>staph talking about mars this is a ceres thread.

Anime website

Stop being a pussy

If there is so much gold on asteroids, why did annunaki come to earth to mine?

Unless you're over 80, you don't get to call any one a pussy.

Well, I'm sure you understand then that space elevators are impossible to build with any currently known materials.

Wtf I read ceres colonization as core utilization lol.

Cunt

Sup Forums is not /sci/ dumbfuck.

>not in one go their a asteroid made of platinum this would be the first object i would mine.

son, i would not go anywhere near a colony run by someone who types like you.

you type like someone who needs three tries to put his pants on the right way around.

> conolization

CERES BELONGS TO BELTALOWDA!

FUCK DUSTERS, FUCK THE WELWALLAS

i hope the first colonists on Ceres are so British they shit the queen. and they all speak like Terry-Thomas, don'tchaknow. i say!

Oh fuck the belters have internet now who the fuck did this. Not earth.

You don't need to land it, this is why we need fucking orbital space stations, shipyards and space elevators.

Launching things into space with big controlled explosions is costly, fickle and prone to exploding catastrophically.

The only problem is mudslimes attacking it or crashing planes into it.

This is why sometimes it feels like we need some ethnic cleansing to progress as humanity...

>This is why sometimes it feels like we need some ethnic cleansing to progress as humanity...

> leave the planet
> let the mudslimes fight it out
> develop civilization in space

this is essentially the background to Bruce Sterling's novel "Schismatrix".

>country founded my miming manganate
>excellent natural resources

Rename Ceres to New Rhodesia and it's a win.

[1G Intensifies]