/raspberrypi/ thread

What are you doing with your pies Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

install.pi-hole.net
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm wondering what I should do with mine. Maybe I should set up Pi-Hole?

Kodi box for my dad lol

I jizzed on it

Sitting in shoebox full of various electronics.

holy shit are we related

i'm depressed
help me Sup Forums

how do I cope with the fact that the Raspberry Pi boot partition I'm using requires proprietary
firmware files?

- openVPN server
- hosting my blog using hugo (gohugo.io)
- and currently building a status display for unique visitors per day on blog, weather forecast and current internet radio playing
- also mpc client with internet radio playlist

pic related the display I am using.
Ported my shift register library that I had for it from C to python, because fetching all that status display shit will be a lot easier with python

neat!

I was mad that the official nes mini was so limited. Bought a 3d printed one online, primed sanded and painted it, then put the pi in it. Looks fantastic and has much more content.

I've tried setting up Piratebox on another pi. For some reason, though, it doesn't like using the usb wireless lan, and I'm not happy with the signal using the built in one. Gave up after changing a bunch of config settings and reflashing a few times.

2 weeks ago I ordered a whole bunch of sensors for RasPi. I also ordered a breadboard, ribbon connector, solder, flux pen etc etc. Can't fucking wait for shit to arrive.

One of my first projects will be a buzzer so raspi can constantly monitor a certain website and buzz when there's changes. this way I don't have to have my computer on.

frequency generator/VFO for radio stuffs, i have an si5351, AD9910, and AD9851 all hooked up to it

>a website
You're using it to keep track of (You)'s don't lie to me.

kek'd. nope... an auction site. need one item bad yet I'm always late.

This
Don't know what to do with it atm
Last usage was as ethernet-wifi tunnel for my old xbox and receiver - a glorified wifi-stick so to say.
Being a first-gen rpi I think it's too weak to emulate games

same here

kodi for my old mom

probably handle nes/SNES, not ps1 though

Gathering dust in a box after I replaced it with another SBC that has SATA and GbE.

faggots.

old school emulator

Got mine as a pi-hole, it's the most useful function for the thing to be honest family

but not as fun as turning it into a SNES

home server(torrent, media)

is this better than running ublock on my browsers? Can you run me through it?

it's basically editing the hosts file on your router when you can't edit the hosts file on your router

Yeah it's great because you can use it as the DNS server for all the devices on your network, and it's not limited to blocking ads/trackers in your browser.
It's excellent for removing shitty ads from phone apps or for [spoiler]mobile posting[/spoiler] on 4chang
You'll (rarely) run across something which doesn't work, but it has a really nice user interface for whitelisting sites which you may not want filtered, and it has an easy update function for getting the updated list of blocked ad sites

Figured this might be a good thread to ask.

I'm looking for a well supported Raspberry Pi alternative with better IO, specially Gigabit networking.
I plan to use it as a media server and NextCloud server.

I've set up Kodi for my brother.

which port does it uses?

never mind, it doesn't play nice with OMV, so it's a no-go

Poor man's backup server (with an external HDD) that my computers rsyc to daily.

DNS, TCP/UDP port 53
What's OMV?

openmediavault, it's the home server environment I am using

Pics or didn't happend

Just slapped together a smart doorbell with pushover notification as my wireless one just died. Just got to buy a piece of metal to mount it and run the wire.

Love using PiHole, absolutely recommend it.

Unifi server on Pi3, print server on Pi0-w probably buy more just to automate other dumb shit around the house.

I want to buy one to put in my old NES case. I'd love to be able to use the original controllers and plugs, but I have no idea if there's some way of wiring the plugs to those IO pins on the Pi and have it read inputs.

>trying to install to install sway
>it crashes
kill me plis

im trying to make a device to wake up my computer at certain hour, so i don't have to open my laptop.

curl -sSL install.pi-hole.net | bash

Dedicated WOL box

Are you a hacker?

A music player

b-but user you can do this in most bios' options...

>Pi-Hole

What do you do if it makes a false positive and breaks a webpage or app?

At least with browser blockers you can temporarily turn them off. What would you do for this?

I usually try to suck my dogs cock. Not the perfect solution, but it works.

I am using mine as a pihole. I am very tempted to purchase another one.

Yea reading Pi-Hole forums and it seems like tons of shit get broken and you are constantly whitelisting domains just to restore functionality in places.

kek'd n checked

one B as a print server and ups monitor, one B as webserver and ftp, one B on my desk pretending to be a 3.3/5v power supply, one zero-w in a trail camera, one zero in a box doing nothing, 9 2s in a dockers swarm doing 'stuff'

Well you aren't going to have people going to the forum saying how well it works!

Try it out for yourself. I find it great

Use it for torrent downloading and git (gogs) server

There's only one thing for it.
kys

I have two doing nothing on them. I used it a bit to learn about circuits with the breadboard and then had it as spy cam in the other room on my pets.

enable wake-on-lan and turn it on from any other device? you might already have a phone on unlike with your laptop

Installing LibreBoot on all of my old ThinkPads.

RMS has stated multiple times he's fine with proprietary firmware/drivers, as he views it as a circuit, and so long as it's not malicious that's ok.

i stuck a pi1B in a clear plastic box with a battery and a webcam to see what's been dragging garbage around in my back yard. turns out it's a bunch of baby foxes.