Fuck amd

any one else here /fuckamd/ mode?
just updated my drivers and now i cant use my rig for anything cause of the wattman 150 mhz bug im extremely fucking pissed i was playing just yesterday now i cant even warthunder in anything else than the absolute lowest settings with graphical errors

Other urls found in this thread:

support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

downgrade your drivers, duh

>updating drivers that aren't broken
You actually asked for this.

i tried downgrading but it persists.

DDU
but really it's your fault for not upgrading this long

Driver cleaner. support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx

>it's really your fault our drivers are broken
The absolute gall of AMDfags

i already used this one to wipe multiple times. right now im going back to a really old driver(16,50.2001) i found on an internet forum if anyone is interested my specs are:
i7 2600k at 4,9 ghz
8 gb 1600 mhz ram
amd saphire nitro 390x

Well you've learned your lesson about buying AMD.

your 390x just delete the old driver do a restart and then re add the new driver and then don't OC

that should fix it. just do it once.
Also make sure your mobo has the lastest driver.

LOL. That's what happens when you buy into the hype.

>jump through hoops
>oh and don't OC lol

i did delete the old driver and restarted. but for some reason the 150mhz bug persist i've never oc'ed my card which is why im extremely upset to why the driver would fuck it up for me

I think 5 years is about right time to upgrade and stop driver support

Did you get shilled by Sup Forums into buying AMD?

if you don't know hoop jumping you shouldn't even consider OC'ing anything

did you try uninstalling driver then using ddu then reinstalling older version?

maybe try the bios switch on your card too

Stopping driver support for cards barely two years old is not fine.
And don't give me the b-but Hawaii is 27 years old crap, the specific product was launched in 2015.

Nvidia still releases drivers for its 8xxx cards. AYYYMD dropped everything pre GCN.

Yes, but Nvidia is evil and AMD the paragon of virtue.

yes, they stopped supporting my 6990 when it still had loads of life left in it. 100% nvidia now, fucking poo in loo pieces of dog shit

My pre-GCN 6970 works fine on Windows 10.
Don't pretend Nvidia actually does any optimization for ancient cards. They just update the driver's version number and force shitty spyware on your system.

amd cpu with nvidia gpu is the only way

i bought my last two configurations full amd because i was a massive poorfag but this won't happen again, my current pc is fx 6350 and r9 290, both of them generate so much fucking heat even with aftermarket coolers, i can physically feel the room temperature rising and it blows hot air like a motherfucker, r9 290 pcs+ is also loud as a fucking jet engine if i don't massively undervolt and apply a custom fan curve which gets broken half the time because amd can't be arsed to make a proper driver that doesn't sperg out when you have msi afterburner on

my whole experience with amd can be summed up with this: burning pieces of shit, i will never buy anything amd again

>this thread is sponsored by Intelâ„¢

on my moms grave im not biased. im just pissed of that this 150 mhz bug has been known for 1-2 years almost and amd hasnt even acknowledged it i was gonna get a 8350 when i bought my system but they were out of stock so i got a i7 2600k instead all these years later i can only be happy about my choice
also my first gfx for the system was a nvidia 680 so ive tried both brands(spoiler alert the both suck)

the downclocking bug and be fixed by a software called "clock blocker"
it stops the auto clock down cycle causing the error.

it sould work normally again.
how ever i would upgrade to the 400series or better the bug was never fixed and won
t be fixed like ever.

also your game is effected by the down clock bug.
I doubt your suffering from the 150mhz bug because its gone in the driver unless you OC'd it using another software then you'll need to delete that OC software too to remove the OC profile.

Why did you even update your drivers with a 390x? Right now updates are 90% Vega performance increases and 10% RX400 bugfixes.

>i7 2600k
Found your problem, intelboy.

>2600k
>bad
What, he should have bought a 8150 in 2011?

>amd cpu
Why would I want to regress?
I don't need 14 000 cores to render Raja's wedding video all day every day.

>she calls her computer a ""rig""