What happened?

What happened?

Something

kek

Lel

Everything is fine, don't worry.

what do you mean? it's already supported in unity, unreal, cryengine, idtech and source 2

The same thing that happens to a majority of these "movements" - it stalls due to constant arguments about everything.

How long till vulkan can be used as a directx replacement for older versions like 9 and older?

Never, that's not how it works.

vulkans usually don't explode that often

>What happened?
*blocks your path*

Took me a second kek

this. and star citizen is going vulkan only.

>star citizen
>good optimized

pick one

>NEVER EVER: The Game is going vulkan only
So it might be out of alpha by 2035 then?

You >what happened? Vulkan but completely sleep on Metal.

Come the fuck on, Metal deserves shit, so does Apple for working on the spec while GLNext was being defined.

>good optimized
u can haz english?

>baawww I wanna play nao!
learn some patience, kiddo.

are you a english teacher?

*an
As a non english I think it would be actually cool that people correct you when you do mistakes Just telling that you suck is stupid.

>star citizen

I don't want to play it though. It's a buggy mess with endless feature creep.

You're missing some punctuation and the construction of that sentence seems a little off, but not saying what's wrong in someone's sentence might make them actively search for what they've done wrong, increasing the chance that they learn something.

t. moron

Post nudes

>>good optimized

criticizing something by replying with bad grammar

>He thinks that game, in which they're selling virtual ships for over 400 USD each in an uncompleted project, will actually be good
You poor deluded child.

Vulkan is really good for emulation

>*an

;^)

Wait opengl3 was released 2008. Wasn't that also the year crysis was released?
So crysis used opengl2 or the directx9 and it looked nice. Where do we need these retarded new API's that break compatibility and cause extreme pain to anybody who tries to use them?

Cross platform really helped its adoption, thats what happened. Many applications and the major game engines already have support built in.

Too bad about DX12 though, I guess the slow decline of PC sales, zero mobile presence and limiting it to a single OS didn't help matters.

Games for it are still in production

Vulkan uses multi threading and it is cross platforum

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>getting triggered this easy
fuck off

Optimization and compatibility with new hardware/software features.

>being this new