/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated - blame /csg/)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Android 8.0 Oreo review
gsmarena.com/android_80_oreo-review-1653.php

LG V30 will probably cost $749.99 [Updated]
gsmarena.com/lg_v30_will_probably_cost_749-news-27084.php

Huawei officially confirms October 16 unveiling for Mate 10 series
gsmarena.com/huawei_officially_confirms_october_16_unveiling_for_mate_10_series-news-27097.php

[Deal] Honor 8 for $249.99 ($150-off) at B&H
androidauthority.com/deal-honor-8-for-249-99-150-off-at-bh-798202/

Deal: Unlocked LG G6 is on sale on Amazon for just $469.99
phonearena.com/news/Deal-Unlocked-LG-G6-is-on-sale-on-Amazon-for-just-469.99_id97759

Samsung Galaxy J7+ is official with a 13MP+5MP dual rear camera
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_j7_is_official_with_a_13mp5mp_dual_rear_camera-news-27089.php

Hands on: Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact review
techradar.com/reviews/sony-xperia-xz1-compact

old

Other urls found in this thread:

techradar.com/reviews/sony-xperia-xz1-compact
gsmarena.com/nokia_8-review-1644.php
trustedreviews.com/reviews/samsung-galaxy-note-8
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_a1official_stock_android-news-27119.php
motog5.net/motorola-android-8-0-oreo-update/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for iPhone 6s

Should I get a Note 8?

What are some good, light-weight, non-P2W games for Android?

I've got mine preordered. If you use the spen at all it's the only real option

>mobile gaymen

I wanna kill time and I'm tired of emulating pokemon

Rayman Classic for a nice dose of nostalgia

Although I've been killed by the shitty touch controls tons of times

buy a switch

Why do chink sites like Ali take 3 fucking days to process your order? What the fuck are they doing over there? Making the fucking thing?

>tfw still waiting for the Huawei Mate 10

Gonna be a long month, boys.

Are there custom roms for Xperia smartphones? LineageOS only has some pretty old devices on their list.

Nice trips.

I am waiting on my phone that I ordered from AliExpress to get here and it's looking like it will take forfuckingever.

How long will it take for the LG V30 to drop in price?

Mobile gaming sounds okay until I remember it's on-screen controls. I don't think I'll ever get used to that shit

Most, if not all, of the mid-range phones in the Xperia line use Helio chipsets (I think) with only the costly as fuck flagships getting the Snapdragon Qualcomm SoC.

tl;dr there don't appear to be any custom ROMs for the newer Xperias.

Hey /spg/

Would have been great to warn us that Xiaomi are a fuckin hell to unlock/root.

Anyway screen dead after 1 day of use, what should I pick or should I ask for a replacement (Redmi 4x, 105€) ?

mi mix 2?

Forgot to add the fact that it must be 5''
But I'll probably buy the MiMix 2 for my mom.

The unlock/root for Meizu phone looks really easy, any other brand that can do a better unlock procedure than Xiaomi ?

CHINKED
H
I
N
K
E
D

Have you tried relfashing the ROM? That does not look like a hardware fault at all. Also applying for the unlock code is really painless, so is flashing fastboot roms.

see

It's still the stockROM, I'm still waiting for the unlock code and my GF need her phone to work.
So can't reflash.

Painless ? Error message on error message etc
It was piss easy for my Nexus 4 and 5x.

Hum wut ?

I got my unlock code within 15 mins, no error messages at all with the Mi Flash tool on Win7.

Just flash the official global stable ROM once you've unlocked. Cheaper than buying another phone, especially since you dont want to spend a lot, and other phones in that price range won't be better.

Doesn't look like a hardware issue
It's probably a shitty vendor ROM.

Sent from my Note 4x :^)

It's already the official global rom.

>other phones in that price range won't be better
I don't really care for performance it's a facebook machine.

Does klwp break all the time or is it just me?

I can't use the bottom part of my screen outside of the preview mode inside of the app.

Every week it's something wrong. Unusable space or scaling issue...
I can't find a solution this time.

Werks on my phone

If it came with global stable, then your bootloader is possibly already unlocked. Reflash it, must have been a dirty flash. My mums MiPad also had ghosting issues until I reflashed the ROM, vendor roms arent always good.

I wasnt talking about performance, I meant software bugs etc. Doogee is not a better brand than Xiaomi, Meizu could be an option but they use MTK mostly.

Nexus 5x finally bootlooped. What's a similar phone that's not a piece of shit?

Which phone has the best camera period?

What are some worthwhile, no-gapps appstore-type places aside from F-droid and Yalp?

HTC U11, G6, S8

Is there any xposed module for android 6.0 that makes navbar full transparent? also which module are a must have?

Note 8, LG V30, Pixel XL 2 (probably).

>techradar.com/reviews/sony-xperia-xz1-compact
>plastic
Dammit. Are there any small phones that are as solid as the iphone? I have a z5 compact and am disappointed with the plastic body -- it feels like a cheap toy.

>LG V30
that uses the same 16MP camera the HTC U11 uses for it's front selfie camera AKA, it's shit.

>Meizu could be an option but they use MTK mostly
Should I avoid MTK Proc ? Why ?

1) you're wrong, the u11 front facing camera is plenty good
2) you're a fag for even caring about the front facing camera

Best launcher?

Because none of the custom ROMs support MTK and the MTK SoCs are garbage tier in terms of performance.

Apex

Well so Meizu is out of the equation.

/spg/, do you carry 5.5'' with you or you leave it at home and bring something smaller ? 5'' seems enough but I see a lot of phone with bigger screen now for the same price.

Recommend 3 phones I can find for less than $150 used on ebay.

How do recent Android phones do with palm rejection during one handed use? Especially curious about bezelless and curved screen phones since those seem like they'd be most susceptible.
My Galaxy S5 is horrendous at it but I also have a 10.5" iPad Pro that does a really good job.

...the problem is LG is using the same sensor in their PRIMARY rear camera, NOT as the selfie camera like HTC are.

>install icon pack that looks p nice
>doesn't have icons for some of my apps
>default icons clash like fuck
what do?

oh, wew

Is 5h30 of SoT decent?
My last phone barely made 1 hour and now i don't have standards.

>Galaxy S5 is horrendous at it but I also have a 10.5" iPad Pro that does a really good job

You're talking about a phone released in 2014 vs a premium tablet released in 2017.

Software makes the difference, samsung's current slew of devices (s8, s8+, note8) are all great with palm rejection because they've had several years in which to work out the kinks.

Decent but far from optimal.

It's not so much screen size but physical size. My current Mi5S with 5.15" screen has the same physical height as my old 5.5" LG G3 or the 5.7" LG G6. Choose whatever you like best, screen size is a personal matter, there is no best.

I was thinking in term of size in a pocket, to sit with it, to walk with it yada yada.

It is enough to get you through the whole day? If it is then yeah, it's decent.

Reminds me of when I was leaving the screen on at lowest brightness with pure black just to make opo chills mad thanks amolel

The best versions of Sonic 1 and 2 are mobile exclusive. They were designed by the Sonic mania team as a proof of concept for mania.

This is with use though
I dunno what magic those chinks did with the note 4x but the battery life has been insanely good.

>2017
>Battery pack cases don't offer 1, 2, or even 3 micro SD storage slots

What's the fucking point if I can't have the entire internet saved to my phone for offline browsing?

Find app icons that sorta look like the ones you had. That's what I did and mine turned out pretty good.

Nokia 6 or Honor 6x?

which one do you take and why?

Will the V30 bootloop???

probably

You already know the answer

does the s8's screen really break easily or was that guy memeing?

Just look at how many it's sold, there isn't some wild outcry of broke screens.

He was being retarded.

good point

yeah because every retard that drops his phone reports it instead of just blaming himself for being a stupid cunt who dropped his phone
it's different from having it exploding ya know

When it comes to a phone, what is truly the most important aspects of it?

Depends on the person.

For me it's screen quality and size.

Why do so many of you happily get chinked?

Size and durability (where chinkphones fail) > battery life and SoC performance > RAM size
The rest isn't that important.

u rike phon?

Do you use any tracking app/anti-theft or is the built-in feature enough?

I use a gun

camera performance, both rear and front facing. People on Sup Forums probably don't think much of it but it's one of the main reasons why normies flock to iPhones and shit on Androids. Other than that, there's screen quality, battery life, and overall/day-to-day performance.

I'm already using Gboard and Gmail, is there a reason why I should continue not using Google Photos or Google Drive

huawei is good tho

Nokia 6 for stock Android and fast updates

I was going to buy a G5+ but they are sold out on Amazon. Are they going to get anymore, or should I buy one somewhere else? Is everyone dumping their stock to make room for the G5S(+)?

what are some good phones that still use off screen buttons

Decent phones for $300 i can get on something with fast delivery like amazon?

Going to the states for a week next month and i need something to replace my s6 with locked bootloader, something that supports linage would be nice but not a must, thanks.

>how long would it take for the LG to bootloop

When does the embargo for Note 8 reviews expire?

GSM or CDMA?

I think it already did.

gsmarena.com/nokia_8-review-1644.php

>When does the embargo for Note 8 reviews expire?
>Note 8

Goddamn similarity of names got me, my bad.

The only thing I can find is this "hands on review" of the Note 8:

trustedreviews.com/reviews/samsung-galaxy-note-8

and there's another one on GSMArena.

sauce?

What are /spg/'s thoughts on the potential of the Purism Librem? Is it worth helping them get funded?

I've been waiting for a few years already, do are there any phones right now that can capture video at 2160p60?

It's official now, Xiaomi are doing a phone with stock Android
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_a1official_stock_android-news-27119.php

>Stock Android 7.1.2
>Snapdragon 625
>4GB RAM, 64GB storage
>5.5" FullHD display
>Dual rear cameras
>USB-C
>Will get updated to Android O and P
>Priced around 200€

Stuck with a family plan on Sprint for the next year. I'm not paying shit for it due to the promotion, so I'm not complaining, but also a privacyfag and looking for a relatively modern phone I can flash LineageOS or similar on and still use on Sprint. Looking for a front fingerprint sensor and a metal body. The sprint website doesn't have anything like this, and usually the Sprint variations of phones don't have root options, in my experience.

I like how you didn't mention the 3,080 mAh battery

any recommendations for custom ROMs for the Redmi Note 4x?

BYOD a Moto G5 Plus

motog5.net/motorola-android-8-0-oreo-update/

Appreciate it, didn't consider Moto options since I used to have a plastic G4. Do you know anything about the RAM options? I'm trying to buy from their site, and I can't discern if 64GB of memory means 4GB of ram universally, or not.

How do anons feel about Moto X4?
Is it worth the disclosed launch price of 400 euros?

How has your track record been with buying cellphones online?

Ever been ripped off?

The two versions sold in US are 2/32 and 4/64.

>build quality and durability
>screen and overall design
>SoC and battery