BATTLEBOTS

i wanna build my first battle bot
how would Sup Forums design a combat bot

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qAdyWKMNoGk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

low to the ground with a heavy fast-spinning blade rotating upwards at the front, such that a collision would cause the opponent to be lifted in the air and most likely cause damage.

The opposite side would have a pneumatic lifting arm

Some side-swiping claws to take out opponents mobility.
Bolt-firing mechanism.

a stationary tower with a fucking wrecking ball

i was thinking of some sort of bolt firing mechanism but these will be street fights in my garage with friends so im trying to keep them cheap repairable and would like to avoid projectiles aside from shrapnel

i was thinking something like that, similar to tombstone

i like this ideas aswell
maybe have an offense and a defence objective for the bots

Add a 9mm pistol

I was thinking some kind of harpoon thing though like the Aliens tongue (more phallic), not free flying. Plus that way you might be able to drag your opponent around.

These are remote controlled ones? (Do AI ones even exist?)

An equilateral steel plated tetrahedron with 3 wheels on each face at the corners (that's a total of 12 wheels). Can't be disabled by knocking it over since every resting orientation is right side up. For offense, just run a high voltage high amperage current through the body. Then just leave it in the center of the arena and win by forfeit.

it is circular
It does nothing but spin
It is covered in spikes
Tested in robot battle arena 2 and it works 100%

Enter nothing as a battlebot, as in literally say you have a battlebot but it's actually nothing .

this way you will always end in a tie , you cannot be defeated , because there is no battlebot to attack.

ai would be pretty interesting but less fun i imagine

i was also thinking some sort of tazer device in hopes of shorting the other bot out

I'd just make a hypno disk clone

How would you make sure the current travels through the bot's circuits?

If you simply attach some kind of alligator clip to both ends of the robot, the current will most likely just go through the metal body, as it's the path of least resistance. You'd have to damage the robot enough to directly access its circuit boards, at which point it would just be easier to smash it with whatever other weapons your bot has than adding a taser system.

Make sure you put a plastic brain with blinking LED lights. It will cover up your incompetence with style points.

Damn, that's not the right webm.

Some moron made a robot that looked like a pile of K'nex with a plastic brain and it got absolutely destroyed.

I thought they banned nets and projectiles?

>ABC
clearly the american version didn't get the memo

youtube.com/watch?v=qAdyWKMNoGk
You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like.

Add a dildo to the bot.

They did but the rules were slightly ambiguous because it was the first season so that match was stopped and restarted after it was clarified that nets were not allowed.

wat?
Tombstone is a horizontal spinner. Minotaur/Witch Doctor are vertical spinners.

i'd cut to the chase and enter one of these.

this is for hobby garage battles no real rules against projectiles as long it isnt powerful enough to kneecap me

check if the opposing team has epilepsy problems.
then put magnesium strips all over the bot.
when the opposing bot uses it's blades against your
SPARKS EVERYWHERE, BRIGHT FLASHES, OPPOSITE TEAM ON THE FLOOR FOAMING

I would literally just build a manhack.

A barrel filled with capacitors wrapped in rubber wrapped in foil.