DELID THIS!!!

> paid ebayer $30 to have bird poo paste replaced with Liquid Metal
> ebay seller claimed "CPU is professionally relidded using black silicone for OEM like appearance and functionality"
> i think it looks like shit, what does Sup Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

overclocking.guide/the-truth-about-cpu-soldering/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's why you do everything yourself.
You got what you deserved faggot.

>doesn't use silicon lottery
your fault

The real fun starts when you realize the liquid metal TIM dries out, too, and eventually you're going to have to send it back to get cucked again anyway.

>buying a physically modified CPU on eBay
>believing that the eBay seller is a "professional"
>believing there is an actual profession for relidding CPUs

You've got some shit to sort out

technically the guy is a professional because OP was retarded enough to pay him to do this

So, basically, you wasted $30 on a chip that already worked fine? The problem is that Intel didn't manufacture the component right. Paying some random guy to replace high-end (probably Corning) thermal interface material designed for longevity with a gimmick that needs to be replaced in under three years time is stupid, especially when you're already probably pushing the chip too hard in terms of voltage. Did you even confirm that heat dissipation was a significant limiting factor? Why didn't you just do it yourself if you are enough of an enthusiast to care about such minuscule gains?

- OCCT stability test was reaching 90C after few minutes no matter how could cooling was
- the chip, 4970k, does 4.9GHz on stock voltage (1.27v VID), I cherrypicked the CPU after returning 5 other CPU that didn't overclock that well
- last time I delidded a 4970k it didn't work afterwards, and I did nothing wrong, so I didn't want to kill a CPU again
- the CPU still works and temps have improved by up to 10C (if not more), I can Prime95 (non-AVX in high 60s), OCCT peaks at about 75C, though AVX stress tests still get into 90c easily)
- i can finally do x264 encodes and what without cooking the cpu
- $30 is actually not a bad deal, Liquid Metal tube costs at least $10 no?

At least he didn't just steal or replace your CPU with a fake. I don't know how you thought this was a good idea.

>last time I delidded a 4970k it didn't work afterwards
>i can finally do x264 encodes and what without cooking the cpu
The part where you fucked up is you decided to buy yet another jizz pasted quad core and tried to OC it to do video encodes faster instead of just buying a $300 Ryzen like any sane human being would have.

>in b4 this was before ryzen launch

You're still an idiot.

Yeah, and OP is professionally retarded

the black silicone did cleanup though, now it looks OEM. It is a 5GHz chip.

>It is a 5GHz chip.
sure buddy

Lmao is that 4th generation?

ryzen didnt exist when the 4790k came out shit dick

>The ABSOLUTE state of Shittel users

cut your nails ffs

>last time I delidded a 4970k it didn't work afterwards
Should have learned something from this.

well he couldve just stuck the 4790k heatspreader on another 4000 series chip who knows

ryzen wasn't even prototyped at the devil's canyon release. the real world isn't full of idiot wait fags.

here user, quick 10 min Prime95 run at 5GHz, same setting at 4.9GHz has been working since 2015, will some diligence this overclock can be stabilized to survive OCCT at 5GHz. I rebooted to win10 botnet just for you to capture this.

so? there has been literally little to no progress since Sandybridge (heck even Core 2 Duo/Quad) except some nice extensions like AVX or IOMMU/Vt-d, Intel are cuckjews who rebrand same shit and charge shitload of $$$

this, thanks user. Threadripper is awesome as I use gentoo and watch anime, however this is my last x86 chip ever. Talos+POWER9 is where it's at.

just did, they weren't that bad to begin with, thanks for the concern

may people had it for 5 years no and there's no word in temp degradations

I have invested about $300 into custom watercooling just be held back by some bird poo TIM because shintel is too cheap to afford solder.

>Talos+POWER9 is where it's at
I see you hate money, want me to take some off your hands?

Are the temps any better? I wouldn't bother about how it looks.

I have a 4790k too. I hate you :) i wish mine did 5ghz. 4.7 on air

>I have invested about $300 into custom watercooling
All you've been showing this entire thread is your propensity for throwing good money after bad, you stupid cuck.

kek

>being this cucked by Intel

don't listen to his guy OP. you are perfect

so whats the fucking perf increase over the pre-delid?

this. answer fucko

overclock hasn't changed, load temps are 8~10C lower. Previously during 30min OCCT stress temps the temps reached 85C now I'm around 75C. This is with gelid extreme TIM, the only weakness in my WC loop is the radiator. Overall it is a hot chip. Some chips create less heat and respond better to higher voltage, this one likes lower voltages.

WC setup:
- swiftech apogee XL
- swiftech mcr320 360mm rad
- mcp355 pump
- 1/2" ID tubing
- gelid xtreme TIM

OP here, sorry for my spelling, I'm not feeling ok.

This.

No degradation from SL with liquid metal

Nobody is perfect faggot, go back to tumblr

This is like the Sup Forums equivalent of those news stories where some pretend doctor uses bathroom sealant for silicone lip and ass injections.

Why didn't you just spend that money on a better chip?

You fault for buying such a shit CPU that you need delidding.

to al lthe cucks that think intel SHOULD be using soldered tim

>overclocking.guide/the-truth-about-cpu-soldering/

If you change chips every ~3-4 years thats fine, go ahead and delid. But, intels chips can run for a freaking decade at their rated spec if you don't overclock/delid, while soldered TIM could never survive as many heat cycles.

Intel is sacrificing overclocking headroom for longetivity

I too cycle my CPUs temperature from -50C to 150C every 15min, rabbi. That's why I'm glad the Genuine Intel© designed Final Thermal Solution© is made using JewJizz™ so we can save those precious Shekels on 1000$+ SKUs.

You just try to justify your idiocy.
Other people can encode, game, whatever without crying their CPUs and have less hassle than you.
So, you are an idiot

thats normal
just clean it up

Sandy had VT-d (Xeons, and they arrrre Cheap now)
> Intel is very good at competing with itself and loosing.

Solder will only crack and degrade if you use a low quality one.

ITT: OP is an inbred, mongoloid.

Kek'd
Well memed friend

Intel might have a point if the used market wasnt still flooded with used 2500ks and 2600ks. People overclock them to the limit and most still lasted 6 years, that's pretty good value for most people.

Yeah I'm sitting here with a 4.7GHz 2600K, if it dies I'm just gonna buy another one off ebay for under £100. No sense in shelling out over 5x that for a 7700K/mobo/16GB when it'd only be a marginal upgrade.

So you paid for a cum filled old 4 core processor? You know ryzen is a thing right?

BAD GOYIM! You must purchase brand new Genuine Intel cpu for optimum battle-tested performance

How has this not been posted yet?

Its fine OP. You're going to have to replace the LM after a year or two. The soft silicone will make next time easy, also you'll get to see whether guy ripped you off and used some cheap shit instead.

ahahah you are the kind of guy I sell "audiophile stones" to, only for a small price of $99.99

Nah the real fun starts when OP realizes the guy he sent it to replaced it with a celeron under that heatspreader and kept the 4790k

You booted Windows just to run P95 and show temps/volts? Can you not use the CLI to save your life?

If it was about the headroom, why do they need to glue the damn heat spreader down like it needs to survive a tornado? Shouldn't they just leave it separate since we'll be tearing the little fucker off anyway?

>tho
>glas
>I soldered one myself and the second core runs 10c hotter than the other three.

Yeah, that article really won me over.

>Micro cracks occur after about 200 to 300 thermal cycles. A thermal cycle is performed by going from -55 °C to 125 °C while each temperature is hold for 15 minutes.

Why are you such a useless faggot? Oh, right, Intel fanboy. Nevermind.