Your browser, Our way

So how many of you guys are still using PaleMeme after the adnauseum controversy?

... and what controversy is this

I dropped pale moon years ago for icecat.

They removed the ability to use Adnauseum and labelled it malware(without opening yourself up to actual dangerous extensions) because the lead dev doesn't like it ideologically.

Adnauseum didn't block all ads so I removed it, still using PM

you mean double clicking a bool in about:config? wow scary

I like pm but i dont like an egotistical dev who thinks he knows what is right for me.
No one should use this fork, who knows what else he is going to prevent you from doing because he things its "bad".
He made things ideologically instead of just being a fucking dev

whether you like that particular extension or not it sets a strange precedent for a browser with the tagline "your browser, your way" (unless I decide I don't like something you want to use)

He even labelled it malware which it definitely isn't, simply because he doesn't support the way it works.

>the option to let you run adnauseum also allows you to run a bunch of actually dangerous unsigned extensions
Yeah dude, great compromise, how about instead of that he just lets his users do what they fucking want to because that was the point of the browser in the first place. Cuck.

this.

Yeah, wish he'd stay out of politics, every fucking dev wants to ram their opinion down your throat these days.

Aw fuck. Now I need to find a new FF fork. Which one should I use?

Waterfox, he's but one NEET but he's sworn to keep the browser apolitical and just do his job. The Brave browser guy(not FF obv) is pretty cool too desu.

Waterfox is comfy, supports old extensions and he says he'll stay out of politics, this is good enough for me to support him by using his shit.

Dosent waterfox still have sync enabled?

Yeah, I personally like it.

Too bad, i was looking to jump to it but having sync is cancer

I mean you can just not use it..

well that's shitty

I'm just going to use firefox ESR 52 till support dies

But it sits in the background doing who knows what.

>Adnauseum didn't block all ads
It's a ublock fork, so you probably don't have a list enabled.

Does it have appchanx

there might be a way(or fork) to disable it, I don't know user, I like sync because it justwerkz and I distro hop all the time.

Waterfox? You just use one of the monkey extensions (Grease, Tamper, Violent) and add appchan to it.

Im not seeing a patch or a way to compile it out, my google fu is weak here and its just finding ways to turn it off not disable it at compile time

Nice. I already like the layout more than pale moon. Thanks for the suggestion anons.

Just use Brave you idiots.

All of these meme browsers (Pale Moon, Icecat, Iceweasel, other firefox clones) have no future and you're wasting your time messing with them.

i'm still using it

Why?

Cuck.

>chrome with adware tacked on
They're all shit, just choose your flavor.

Does anyone know how to stop the profile error problem in the ungoogled chromium version? All my extensions have vanished twice.

>fast
>extensible
>doesn't spy on you
Will there ever be the holy trifecta web browser?

i...i use opera

>chinese botnet

Agreed. I don't even use AdNauseum personally but this shit made me leave Palememe. Fuck Moonchild and his forced ideologies.

If I wanted to fuck around in about:config to make the browser truly mine I would've just stayed with Firefox. Which I'm back to using now thanks to this asshat…

using iridium now.

REMINDER: ADNAESEUM IS MALWARE AND REMOVED FROM CHROME AND PALEMOON FOR A REASON

t. moonchild

?

>because the lead dev doesn't like it ideologically
NEVER
TOUCHING
THIS
SHIT
EVER

FUD

me
why would I use snake oil bullshit?
the way it works sounds absolutely retarded for what it claims to want to do
(((they))) keep shilling on this site for whatever reason though

Guys just move to icecat.

Why would I use Pale Meme to begin with? Waterfox is better.

When Brave gets NoScript, then it will only need another 8 extensions to make it comparable to my browser (although it will still be lacking until I can get into an "about:config" equivalent).