Is it the future?

>inb4 Mozilla cucks call it a botnet

Other urls found in this thread:

browserbench.org/
web.basemark.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck off shill

Brave sucks on desktop

I just created this thread after taking a break from Sup Forums for a week.

Nice trips though.

Did you forget how to use the catalog?

No, there just wasn't a Brave general thread so I thought I'd create one.

>neo Sup Forums

I've been going on Sup Forums since 2008 bruv.

fuck drumpf

Is this the Trump browser now? News to me.

I had to stop using it because Netflix doesn't work.

I use brave on my phone and I think it's purty good

If a browser programmed in Javascript is the future then I don't want to be part of the future.

Apparently

doesnt have any customization or extensions

im not even sure how they shipped it on the desktop literal trash

Go back.

>I-It's not a botnet I swear....

I'm using my Samsung browser. Is it safe from spying on me?

Fuck off google shill

This is the only downside I see with using it.
I've been trying it out for a little while and it's noticeably quicker than chrome (haven't used IE or firefox in years so can't really compare them)
But yeah, from someone who cares slightly for the whole "botnet" shitstorm, it seems like a decent browser to at least fuck around with and use for shits and giggles. I'll keep it and use it on my laptop at work to get the quicker speed on my shitty internet there

If you don't care about the botnet aspect then Chrome is superior in every way.

Limitless extensions, customization, speed, not crashing/glitching every second, ability to render multiple formats, proper tab support.

>Not posting from behind a pihole

>quicker than Chrome.
LOL this is laughable shilling.
>botnet shitstorm
Clearly you miss this post.
You aren't even getting paid that advertisement money they are getting.

Give me themes and feature parity with Firefox and I'll switch instantly

Still looks like shit.

>limited by 100MB/s
>justifying a botnet

Nice shilling.

Did they fix the bug where if you tried to download a torrent it would open the shitty pre-installed torrent extension even if you disabled it and then gave you an error?

This, crappy UI.

That's not even mentioning the crashing and delay when dragging and swapping tabs.

From using chrome the past couple years, yes, it's noticeably quicker. Not by much, but it is for me
And I'm not shilling, like i said, I'm going to keep using it to try it out and see what sort of support they give out, if nothing good I'm going back to chrome

Nope.

You'd expect them to hire more devs with all of the advert contract funds.

>REEE I GOT CALLED OUT FOR BEING A BOTNET CUK AND I SUGGESTED THEM TO USE LIMITED BANDWIDTH HARDWARE

brave shills really make you think

Literal bullshit.
Even with extensions installed (which brave has none) Chrome is still faster.

Brave can't even handle multiple tab video rendering.

I use safari firefox and chrome, depending on what I'm doing. Brand loyalty is dumb.

I don't know what to tell you man. Chrome runs kinda slow on my computer for some reason then. And when I say slow, I mean it loads sites decently fast, but this is a fraction of a second quicker. Not REALLY enough for me to completely jump ship, which is why I'm just fucking around with it until I see what kind of support they provide

Not sure what that has to do with the other user suggesting to use pihole to justify brave spying which is limited by the pi's shared i/o chipset that isn't even GB/s

I love using Brave I dont give a fuck about this falseflagging threads and faggots spouting FUD about Brave.

They are doing innovation with the blockchain so it's obvious idiots like this are going to spread misinformation about it because they are an easy target, notice how he doesn't even post a link so you can inform yourself about the big picture.

>It has Adblock Plus built-in
>Not UBlock Origin

Dropped

You need to update your shit then because every benchmark and my personal testing shows you are a liar.

I dont use chrome.

>flaseflagging
Nothing posted has been wrong.

I'm pretty sure I updated it recently. Who fucking knows, like I said, I'm just test running Brave for a bit and getting my feet wet

>Implying he's wrong.

Then don't falsely spout lies without a proper comparison.

Use the newest versions of them.
Otherwise you are being subjective and a biased fanboy.
(next time try not to use such obviously false claims that anyone can test)

DELETE

Brave is shit period

"inb4 botnet" he says...

chrome, the browser for homosexuals

>false claims
Comparing my personal chrome on my personal computer to the Brave browser I've been using for a week or so. I never said you had to switch from chrome or firefox you damn idiot. I'm giving my own personal experience that has nothing to do with you. If you don't like it or it gets you triggered I'm not currently at the moment using the same browser as you, you can sit and spin brother

>Chrome
>fast

Found pajeet

blocking ads and inserting your own ads takes true bravery

Double checked. Chromes up to date nigger

>found the retard

It's 3x faster than Edge in benchmarking and twice as fast as Brave.

They stopped doing that though, although even coming up with the idea was fucking dumb.

let's see some web based benchmark pics.

>nigger
Aww, that's cute.
You want to fit in so bad, don't you?

>3x faster than Edge

Who said anything about Edge? If shit tastes better than poison does that make it good?

>twice as fast as Brave
In what? Searching google?

Dis

They can't even stand by their ideals...

Fucking pussies.

that's funny, because Brave seems to run a bit quicker on my computer. Not by much, but I reassure you that Chrome is definitely not "twice as fast"
You people keep complaining about the shills making this thread and yet you keep shilling your personal browser to death. I get it, new things are scary, but its just a fucking browser

By design block-chain isn't anonymous.
They admit it's for fraud prevention.

You need to go back.

Let's see those benchmarks.
Otherwise your claims are meaningless.

>inb4 profanity and attempts to sidetrack convo

>dump endpoint
>create new endpoint with new key
>rinse and repeat with every browser session

really makes you think huh

but where are your benchmarks?
oh you won't post them, stupid of me for asking

>implying that "be brave" users arent complete shills

what redeeming quality does brave even have?

You're the one who made the false claim that it's faster than Chrome the web standard.

I knew you would make excuses though.

I'm currently using a page speed monitoring extension for chrome and comparing them to brave by refreshing this thread and checking the two. Brave is getting slightly faster speeds on my computer.
LIKE I SAID BEFORE
That alone isn't enough to make me jump ship just yet. It's nice to have webpages load a fraction of a second quicker, but that's only barely noticeable. I need to see what sort of support they give after a while

>he doesn't know that everthing is assigned to a specific unique user ID to verify for advertisement agencies/sponsors can verify themselves.

It can even tell if it's inside a virtual machine to prevent multiple browser session click fraud.

>refreshing pages
>i assure you
Sure it is lad.

lets try a comparison of javascript and video ;)
browserbench.org/
web.basemark.com/

Post results via screenshot.

how can you compare chrome and brave when brave cant even use extensions?

SHILL BTFO

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Because extensions aren't a make it or break it for me
Granted, they are nice,but it's more the support side along with speeds that draw my eye.

Oy.
Rabbi, I-I..

what im saying is how can you benchmark brave and chrome with a browser extension when brave cant even use the same extension

you clearly lied and got caught like a idiot
what a dumbfuck

because brave has a built in speed monitor you fucking idiot

If extensions didn't matter, people wouldn't be on Firefox's case 24/7.

Clearly, they matter.

Again, I didn't say they didn't matter. I PERSONALLY, again this is my own PERSONAL opinion, not your or anyone else on this thread's, extensions are nice, but when it boils down they aren't as important to me as they are for some people.
We are fucking allowed to disagree
I can disagree with all the people crying to firefox about missing extensions
I can disagree with whoever I want because with my own experience here on my own computer, not yours, Brave visibly loads pages at a fraction of a second quicker than Chrome

Brave and Chrome literally use the same web engine. I don't know why you people are talking about web rendering performance between them when they are the same.

The only performance differences would be from their UI and browser internals in which case Chrome would probably be faster because Brave is a Electron app.

Wait, is pi-hole a botnet now?

>Try Brave
>It's okay, no extension support yet
>Uses Adblock Plus as its adblocker
Dropped

>Everyone memeing about Vivaldi
>Just tried it
>It didn't last 15 minutes on my computer

Jesus FUCKING Christ whoever designed Vivaldi's UI needs to be shot. There's nothing appealing about it. Nothing that makes the browser itself stand out

Guess it's back to Chrome or Firefox for me, lads

I thought the exact same thing man
Tried it and I just had to fucking get rid of it. At least Brave is somewhat pleasing to look at

Sleipnir is the future.

Brave is okay looking. Until it gets its shit together though, I'm back on Chrome.

I want to be able to choose my adblocker.
I want extension support (mostly just 4chanX)
I want a more customizable UI

No but he's trying to justify using advertisement tracking/fraud prevention by "just using pi-hole".

This.
The only real user here to tell it like it is.

You should be ashamed of yourselves shilling this immature project.

This shit is no where near production ready.

Again, my own experience
And yeah, I want to be able to do a little bit more customization to it. Not much, the UI is nice, but I hate looking at white webpages all the time, especially at night like right now. I've been trying out f.lux just for shits and giggles for night viewing and its not bad, but I'd much rather just have the browser be able to get tweaked color-wise

This.
The UI has a lot of un-used space and it looks plain/ugly.

There's also no options to change anything and a browser in 2017 without extensions feels ancient as fuck.

Didn't adblock sellout their whitelist?
That's troubling honestly.

Brave has a lot of potential as a web browser with its inbuilt features as well as ideas they want in their browser (private tabs with tor). They are still in alpha and are making Brave from a fork of Electron call Muon. They are missing a ton of extension apis, but they are trying to add that in to allow people to use more chrome extensions. On desktop its not that great unless you are very minimalistic when surfing the web. Not botnet. Great on mobile. Open Source Browser.

>electron
its trash

True, it does feel a little ancient, but I'm willing to wait and see what kind of support they roll out and what they include down the line. Extensions aren't a make it or break it for me though. It runs really well and has potential
>also, i'm running the tests for that moron earlier in the thread

You can always add more filters in the plugin. In adblock plus its a checkbox to enable blocking google ads.

Electron is so much trash Brave decided to make their own called Muon.

So lets see some benchmarks amiright?

I want to like brave, I tried it on literally every platform tho, and their only good version is the android one. And if you're on android you might as well just give up and use chrome anyways

No comment on these?
They're from browserbench, one of the sites that YOU recommended. I'm interested as to where you got your "chrome runs twice as fast as brave" nonsense

>blockchain
>botnet
keep me posted

Please use brave :(

>Source - my ass

Exactly, I did four tests from browserbench and posted the results and that faggots been totally silent since he got proven to be a total moron.

They aren't using the public block chain.
It's how it's implemented you retard.
It's a seperate blockchain implemented by them specifically for the advertisers to use to monitor users.

The advertisers can't just take Braves word that their userbase is viewing their ads, they needed a way to verify for themselves.

This allows unique fingerprinting of every individual user.

I can host a blockchain for my private crypto currency on AWS.
Just because it's using blockchain doesn't mean the users are safe from me.

It's a public ledger for a reason, to prevent fraud.

BE BRAVE!!!!
INSTALL BRAVE!!!

WE ARE BRAVE!!!!

>inb4 muh extensions
>inb4 botnet
>inb4 muh customization
>inb4 glitchy
>inb4 shareholders/advertising agencies contract
>inb4 im a cuk