heise.de/ct/ausgabe/201...6148-E5-2699v4-und-AMD-Epyc-7601-3787494.html

>2x Xeon Platinum 8180, 112 T, 2,5 GHz
>MSRP 10000
>2x AMD Epyc 7601, 128T, 2,2 GHz
>MSRP 4200

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Data_Centers#Production_hardware
geekwire.com/2017/amazon-web-services-secret-weapon-custom-made-hardware-network/
hpe.com/us/en/product-catalog/servers/proliant-servers/pip.hpe-proliant-dl385p-gen8-server.5249584.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BTFO

NO STOP IT I HATE NUMBERS

I can't read Nazi

The Intel will last them 10+ years. The AMD offering will be lucky to last 4.

More like they'd be lucky if the Intel doesn't brick itself after 2 years.

"nobody ever got fired for buying intel" imrighte?

>lucky to last 4.
because Zen2 cores will be out

That Xeon scales to 8 sockets you retard. AMD cant even compete with anything beyond whatever Intel is calling the E5-2600s now which are the lower part of their mid end line up

ebyn

Intel BTFO - it's a wonderful time to be in a NOC.

>fell for 8u meme

Hello please this is Michael Stanson IntelĀ® Legal Counsel what said here is lying at law of United States very damage great IntelĀ® Xeon product please delet immediate if not want lawyer scutiny tax forms bank accounts, thank you and good day.

>8 sockets
he is serious.

Xeon E5-4600 can scale to 256 sockets with SGI's NUMAlink chipset. All AMD is doing with EYPC is targeting the low end commodity server market. And the only thing they have going for them is high memory density for virtualization applications. But its kind of pointless right now since ESXi purple screens on them if you have SMT enabled.

8P is only used by universities, 2P and 1P are 90% of the market.
Even Google and Amazon are majority 2P/2U racks.

What a joke

>8P is only used by universities
lol no see things like SAP HANA

>Even Google and Amazon are majority 2P/2U racks.
lol no, they're proprietary and aren't 2U

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Data_Centers#Production_hardware

geekwire.com/2017/amazon-web-services-secret-weapon-custom-made-hardware-network/

>8 sockets
Oh wew.
The market is basically nonexistant for these.

Yep, AMD can't compete with intel in 8 socket systems because no-one buys them

>The market is basically nonexistant for these.
If it was nonexistent Intel wouldnt be making these chips.

they do AVX 512 for 1% of the market, their segmentation is veeeery wide

SIMD is not 1% of the market

Only a total retard would run vectors this wide on CPU.

Just off the top of my head pretty much any encryption algorithm which doesnt have a hardware module, or video codec as well. Compression perhaps too. SIMD has been around for close to 20 years on consumer systems, see MMX, 3DNow and Altivec.

Vectors this HUEG come at severe die size overhead.
It's not worth it for CPUs.

>some autist whos computer knowledge amounts to overclocking his shitbox and fapping to traps knows more than the largest CPU manufacturer

That largest CPU manufacturer made fucking NetBurst.
So yes they are definitely more retarded than me.

And even after doing so they're still the largest and AMD is a joke no one takes seriously.

Yes, no one takes AMD seriously.
*looks at OEM lineup for EBYN*
Totally, rabbi!

I don't understand what's in it for gaymers?

>*looks at OEM lineup for EBYN*
HP still sells Opteron 6300 servers, it doesnt mean anyone buys them

hpe.com/us/en/product-catalog/servers/proliant-servers/pip.hpe-proliant-dl385p-gen8-server.5249584.html

WOAH IT'S A DUOPOLY NOW. GREAT CHANGE.

Big surprise, Opteron is shit compared to everything else on the market. EBYN blows Intel out of the water, though.

The only real market for servers that it is targeted for is virtualization hosts. I know for a fact Ryzen purple screens on ESXi and eypc likely will as well, and god knows about other hypervisors. This ignores issues with CCX latencies and wether the hypervisors are aware and can assure data locality properly. And the fucking chip isnt even out yet. Keep on larping that your fanboi fantasies are true.

Epyc
>more pcie lanes
>more total memory
>more memory bandwidth
>more total cores for 2 socket systems
>lower TDP
>much cheaper total cost of ownership

Literally better in absolutely every conceivable way.

>>more pcie lanes
no one cares about this for virtualization hosts

>>more total memory
this is all it has going for it but data locality is a issue

>>more memory bandwidth
no one cares

>>more total cores for 2 socket systems
barely and data locality is a much bigger issue

again it doesnt matter because you'll never own one. you're just some fanboi shitposting about hardware he'll never use.

>HP still sells Opteron 6300 servers, it doesnt mean anyone buys them
Isn't the #1 US supercomputer running on Opterons?

>no one cares about this for virtualization hosts
LOL

holy fucking shit, AMD has really done it. Now hire more white people and fire the poo in loo codemonkeys. Also Mummy Su need to unfuck RTG

Rabbi you need to stop shilling Intel.
EBYN is de-facto king of anything I/O or memory-bound, yes, including HPC.

It runs on Nvidia cards and just uses opertions to schedule them. And also

>US

its beaten by a intel box, also with nvidia cards

>I dont know what a SAN is
>i'm retarded enough to think you need a dozen 100gbe nics in a virtualization host

Its Opteron, rabbi.

Also stop pretending that data locality is an issue when everything server under the sun is NUMA-aware anyway.

NUMA awareness generally makes the assumption of NUMA nodes being single tiered - ie: sockets

And the applications running in the guests generally arent NUMA aware

Let's just forget that even Intel recommends 4 nodes per SOCKET on the new Skylake-SP for maximum performance.

The latency differences from that pic are negligible between plain NUMA and NUMA /w SNC and nothing like the latency differences with AMD's CCX setup.

Also
>comparing a 8 socket chip to a 2 socket chip
they have very different target demographics. And any applications running on the Skylake-SP are certainly going to be tuned specifically for that chip. AMD is going for the commodity server market which is primarily virtualization hosts nowadays.

It's only a 8 socket chip because they won't be using it anywhere else.
Lets not try to pretend that niche is worth a shit, the world runs on 2P/2U

>not even a vertical axis on the graph
>no percentages
>no references or sources

>2U
no

All references are in the endnotes you retarded kike.

>t-t-there are references
>but i c-c-cant post it

Kind of funny how Intel can just bullshit around and throw out a chip on a fuck old platform that competes and beats AMDs years and years of research and development. Pricing is arbitrary here. They could probably cut 2k off it if they wanted. But are gambling their consumers will pay full price

Holy fuck, all this damage control. Brian, you ok over there? Want to make another marketing slide calling AMD CPUs glued together?

I don't think Intel has the balls to do it again.
The last one caused VERY violent reaction.