Best anti-virus user use is

Best anti-virus user use is..

Other urls found in this thread:

gentoo.org/news/2017/08/19/hardened-sources-removal.html
howtogeek.com/239950/dont-use-your-antivirus-browser-extensions-they-can-actually-make-you-less-safe/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

malwarebytes

Avast

kaspersky

GNU/Linux

firejail.

common sense

>he fell for the ANTI-virus meme

Kaspersky is objectively the best, but Sup Forums doesn't like paying money.

This
Also this for occasional scans with the free version. No real time protection needed

it's for free now

whatever the fuck you want, nothing will protect your pc from stupid users

gentoo

openbsd

unironically this

Hardened Gentoo

No, but really.

power button

gentoo.org/news/2017/08/19/hardened-sources-removal.html

Gentoo

the one the government tells you that its malware

Eset nod32 antivirus

gentoo

i use a mac so i don't need to worry about viruses

360 total chink botnet security

Clamwin/clamAV

Windows Defender

If user trust in windows he should trust in windows defender.

best free is probably Avira

each AV is shit in some aspects, but from my experience I would pick one of these :

WD pros: the best stability / compatibility | cons : shitty performance
Eset pros: useful features, the best performance / smallest system slowdown, one of the hardest to get infected with, good compat / stability | cons: paid
Avast pros: very good protection, good performance / little sys slowdown | cons: a fucking adware botnet
Summing up : avast for starters, WD for non-brainlets, eset for everybody w/ shekels

I've pirated eset license and all works well.

Security related browser extensions

Malwarebytes scanner for individual scans

i just use windows defender. Works great.

Then again, I'm not a idiot to download viruses in the first place.

>Security related browser extensions

uBO

Don't fall for AV extensions meme, they do not block websites properly e.g. it won't block an exploit before it executes. Besides, read this
howtogeek.com/239950/dont-use-your-antivirus-browser-extensions-they-can-actually-make-you-less-safe/

1. Common sense
2. ublock Origin
3. superantispyware
4. malwarebytes
5. stop being a fucking retard. How do you even get a "virus" in this day and age

Gravityzone Bitdefender

>How do you even get a "virus" in this day and age

You'd be surprised how easy it is to get malware, even with common sense.

common sense

>objectively
no.

>Bitdefender

Bit has shitty compat with windows itself, regularly causes BSODs and can't detect shit except malware executables themselves. Exploits get through. Fileless malware gets through. Even advanced non-script kiddie malware gets through.

I've torrented terabytes of gayms and commercial software and never got anything. If you really have to get some suspicious .exe, you scan with Virustotal and see if it's good

windows defender + malwarebytes

>I've torrented terabytes of gayms and commercial software and never got anything
You've never gotten the malware that fucking announces itself to you. You're probably silently infected with tons of shit

Been using it for 8 years and never had a problem.

P.S. I used to work for them.

torrented malware usually come from idiots who pack it into a dll set to launch with the game / copied old script kiddie malware, added simple gui and name it "XYZ game trainer". Bitdefender is actually very good against common shit like this since it has very good heuristics, but common shit isn't always the one with which you can get infected with.

Zonealarm

yeah no, I do scan my PC with superantispyware and malwarebytes, never found anything. ONE time I got a bitcoin miner from some shitty game torrent and that was it

the us government was against using Kaspersky for espionage reasons.

Avast Premier is currently the best free antivirus around, but only if you steal it and crack correctly.

2/2
Even aggressive slav products like eset IS are not impenetrable, something can always get through. The difference is that eset at least tries to detect attacks like these, for example it was able to block wannacry's exploit, not only its executable. Meanwhile, guys over at Bit do not really give a shit about it. They've built a decent heuristics engine (which they haven't updated in a looong while) hired 10 guys to write signatures and connected their products to the cloud, just in case. They also change its GUI once in a while lol. They are focused on macs primarily since most of their market share actually comes from macos devices.

avast premier offers 0 benefits compared to avast free, their firewall is pretty much the same as windows' built in one, with the difference that microsoft actually knows how to make them lol

bump

Microsoft Security Essentials.

Common sense 2016(cRaCkEd bY user)

Not using Windows

I use this. Jesus christ, time to uninstall.

Best firewall?

windows

Avira

It's actually BitDefender free and Kaspersky Free.

Though all A/V software scans your system for data and sells it to advertisors. A/V are basically viru's themselves.

I use:
Windows Defender
Common Sense 2018
uBlock Origin + https Everywhere
and my hand me down PC came with a lifetime Malwarebyes software which I still use (v. 2.0 since 3.0 is trash)

Brains.

/thread

common sense 2017 and debian

I have this set up for my all 8 PC's at my fathers company. I'm kinda the IT guy.

It's fast and zero slow down to their work computers. Don't even know it's there. Also keeps all the knuckleheads from getting virus's. The secretary was getting virus after virus before I installed it. (opening and downloading every email and clicking random advertisements.)

Common sense and GNU+Linux...but I repeat myself.

clamav.

I have been using eset 6 since I got a pirated 4 license and it kept upgrading me. Now it tells me to update to the latest version, do you have the latest one? How is it?

Brain
... Plus? 0% cpu

My new laptop came with Norton. Am I misremembering or was there a huge scandal with them some years ago, illegally collecting personal info en masse?

Zemana

Hhahahah, good luck friendo
It came deep down your registry when installing