There is literally no DE that can compete with the comfiness of GNOME. Prove me wrong

There is literally no DE that can compete with the comfiness of GNOME. Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

behance.net/gallery/14484303/UP-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>prove me wrong
no

How can I disprove an opinion? Opinions are not debatable.

Well said user
/thread

it looks like android shit... this minimalism is degenerate

Docks are shit, SHIT!

Correct, which is why I don't use a DE

You have to do a lot of work in gnome just to get to features

>no status icons

Can I run GNOME 3 without NSA/systemd?

Cinnamon

>DE
>comfiness

Yeah, no. Fluxbox or bust fa.m

without systemd, but not without nsa

this
all these wasted space
also the taskbar should be in the bottom instead of the top

>I can't calculate simple sums in my head
kys

>Requires a shit ton of third party extensions
>Retarded waste of space (panel, titlebars)
>Requires multiple clicks for features usually available within a click
>Arrogant devs
>Constantly removing features and fucking up their standards

There literally has never been a worse piece of software than this abomination.

wp?

You are sitting in front of a calculator, why not use it?

Gnome; Absolutely the last option.
>projectile_vomit.jpg

Your brain is a calculator, why not use it?

What? Even just X is better.

>constantly fighting with your DE and installing extension after extension because they removed half the features you come to expect
Yeah, very comfy.

i3 gaps can be pretty comfy

A calculator is faster for calculations.
My brain is faster for other things.
Use the right tool for the job.

I agree that it is wasted space,
but the taskbar should be on the left. Vertical space is more scarce on 16:9 monitors. Sidebars is where it's at.

Any tiling WM can do the job much more comfily.

>2017
>using a dock

GNOME looks good but is less functional

cinnamon even though i fucking hate it with a passion and manjaro currently

Why see all the effort just to have your system look even shittier than it was before?

I only just recently installed Manjaro. Haven't been bothered changing the wallpaper even.

besides, first thing I did was install windows icons and cursors :-)

I need a taskbar, systray and start menu

KDE sucks, GNOME is kinda gay, i3 is for high functioning autists

anyone that uses a dock is a faggot

I prefer Aqua, that just seems like "hey OS X looks comfy, lets steal all their ideas." and they still could not make it as solid as Aqua.

Because it does nothing to improve your skill at mental calculations. Once you're not absolutely pleb at it, it's always faster to do simple things in your head than to offload it to any external device due to I/O.

KDE and gnome are for cucks that like to use half their ram from startup because they don't know how to make xfce look good

with "dash to panel" maybe

Probably without systemd, but not without policykit, and if you're using policykit, you might as well be using systemd as well.

>using any de
StumpWM reporting in.

KDE

They went totally retarded mode with Kirigami. I had high hopes when Plasma 5 was announced, they ruined it

Use your package manager from the terminal, like a normal person.

I actually have no issue with it (coming from unity). Besides this user pointed out
, I just muon for packages.

My feeling is that this is just the beginning of an awful lot of those ugly Kirigami apps

Taskbar should auto-hide.

I've just moved mine to the top though, I find that my mouse is most often on the top half of the screen so I have less movement to make to reach it.

I uninstalled that shit and use dnfdragora instead. It's fast and is not based on that shitty PackageKit backend, but instead use dnf directly.

Windows Explorer as featured in the Microsoft Windows operating system

Then I will start using qt-based alternatives until KDE gets their shit together. I am looking forward to plasma-mobile tbqh

Wallpaper plz

Just make one from the sauce:

behance.net/gallery/14484303/UP-4

How quickly and accurately can you calculate transcendental functions and complex ratios? There are ways to do it reasonably fast but you still won't be as fast and accurate as a computer. There are better uses of time.

Not him. Faster, not a chance, but more accurate, yes. Computers can only perform finite precision arithmetic and numerical algorithms, they can't (yet) solve a problem through a true analytical approach like a human can.

I'm talking about the two in tandem. Real life doesn't require infinitesimal precision, and you can still get absurdly precise and fast calculations algorithmically or with arbitrary precision numbers. When I want to calculate logarithms I'm not doing it by hand.

>Just make one from the sauce
Just compile one bro

I see you're using Gnome

Debian 9
Mate

Arch + no DE.

Sorry.

Install Firecucks
Enjoy wasted vertical space
Proved you wrong.

N i c e.

By the way:
"If choices give you cancer
Gnome is the answer".

damn kate, how's the physics course treating you?

I prefer fluxbox and/or dwm to Gnome, easy. GUI tools for system configuration are bloat. Literally anyone can edit a fucking text file just as easily as figuring out some stupid GUI bullshit. And if they can't, then they shouldn't be changing those things anyway.

Yeah.
Firefox became a giant monster.
Still with Chrome.

>Computers can only perform finite precision arithmetic and numerical algorithms
What are arbitrary-precision libraries?
>they can't (yet) solve a problem through a true analytical approach like a human can
What is Mathematica?

>simple sums
>transcendental functions and complex ratios
How 'bout we stick to the subject?

can I make windows 10 look like this? if yes how?

>detached menu bar
Why would you copy Mac OS's worst feature?

>Seeing your desktop from three months ago on Sup Forums
I'm flattered.

In my tests, Plasma uses 400 MB on startup, and Gnome uses 730 MB. How much does Xfce use?

He showed an example of using the calculator and you seized on the particular example instead of thinking more broadly, so you're the one who's lost the plot.

WTF I love KDE now
This looks amazing

I use Xfce too because I think it's the best and most stable DE right now but in motion it never looks good
If I show it to a turbo-normie he will make fun on how there are no animations on the gui

Kinda shows the kind of stuff he's using it for, doesn't it?

it showed that the tool is there for you to use and he probably didn't think a whole lot about the example itself. If you want to be an elitist about doing arithmetic very quickly it has no bearing on the utility of that feature.

That said I do most of my calculations in guile in the terminal because I can manipulate them more easily, and I don't think it's all that useful to use krunner to do calculations, but it's a feature nonetheless.

uhm sweetie...

Your opinion has been noted.
Your opinion has been discarded.
Your opinion has been shat out from my ass.

That's Nemo, not the DE. Learn what a DE is before making a cunt of yourself next time.

Kate? Kate Libby?

lmao

Kate is a text editor, you desperate virgins.

Unity is superior.

This, fpbp

>Gnome dev
>And I have no idea what XFCE
Wew, that explains a lot.

Unity is best but too bad it's killed. Mate is adding global menu and hud and should be a good replacement in 17.10

why would I want to do that?

/thread

I am Katie wtf

Why is there no 'vim' in that menu?

Opsec

better DEs already have global menu.

Such as? Mate added a global menu that works for everything like unity and there is an add on that will be included in 18.04 that will merge the corner buttons when the window maximized.

From my knowledge, plasma's global menu only works with Qt applications and gnome global menu plugin is ugly as sin and doesn't merge the corner buttons when maximized.

What? You can use policykit with consolekit or elogind just fine.

I never said they did global menu better, just that they're better DEs with global menu.

that said i dont know why they bothered working on the feature if theyre only going to do the bare minimum to make it useful. improve other things instead.

Who thought of not putting icons on tabs in Safari? This is one "feature" which makes it completely unusable.

i dont have to fight gnome and i dont use extensions because i dont need them and its still perfect :)

The point in sure seemed to be that if you have a calculator available, you might as well use it for anything, even simple sums.

It has emacs instead.