/ntr/ - Netrunner official Sup Forums browser

We are making a web browser!
PREVIOUSLY: In the face of recent changes in Firefox and Chrome some anons were asking for a Sup Forums's perfect web browser, we collected the most wanted here and plan on continuing with the creation.

To contribute follow the WORK PLAN, join the IRC to ask developers for a repo, and get to programming!
IRC on Rizon: #Sup Forumsnetrunner

Youtube: youtube.com/channel/UCes2uiC-4xSBwqnldCFbh4Q
Twitter: twitter.com/Team_NetRunner
Gitgud: gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/
Teknik: git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner

>WORK PLAN
Look at the features list and implement them, ask what is currently being worked on if you don't know.

FEATURES pastebin.com/bnUU6kcu
FAQ pastebin.com/gjp7QmQJ

Other urls found in this thread:

gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/blob/master/deps/getdeps_lnx.sh
stackoverflow.com/a/3939495
pastebin.com/c5P64h7E
gitgud.io/despair/netrunner
pastebin.com/Tj0ELMgU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why m**nman tho?

The moonman logo is to keep out SJWs and others who would inject their unwanted politics into this. The devs don't care about what your political views are, only that you can contribute to this project.

What is that dark Safari logo browser?

The dark one is webkit nightly and the purple one is safari techonology preview

What can it do?

It's very basic and lacks in features right now, but soon it will be the browser Sup Forums always wanted.

>it will be the browser Sup Forums always wanted.

So just a black terminal with green text?

You'll get theme support and images and basic CSS, themes are being worked on right now because CSS is a low priority. I don't know if CSS3 will be implemented, but the essential features will be.

this shit looks good. keep up!

>Stop it being political by being political

It's just to scare away people that aren't wanted here

This

Stop slowing down TOR. Makin' the FBI's job harder.

w3m is kinda /comfy/ tho

bump

This is what the NetRunner installer will look like

It doesn't scare me and I'm a gay bisexual black programmer.

I still don't know what are those progress bar at bottom left mean

It's a red herring

well child, it was current file, overall progress and remaining disk space
t. ex-windows 3.1 user

left: the current file being copied
middle: all the files (the same progress bar that can be seen in the middle window, too)
right: free disk space, if it's running really low (only a few MB free) a stop sign appears

No Firefox nightly on the image. KYS.

beautiful

It's like when I was a kid and installed Worms from CD.
Fucking nostalgia

How do I install GLFW as an independent dependency? CMake is a pain in the ass to deal with

use this script then: gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/blob/master/deps/getdeps_lnx.sh

I did that and now it's asking for a glu.h, what's up with that?

>firefox, safari, and chrome are god-tier

shill thread

(still assuming you're on linux) You need to install OpenGL which depends on your video driver.
stackoverflow.com/a/3939495

Will it be possible to get this to work with mbedtls 2.4?

Why aren't you faggots using an existing rendering engine?
It's like you want this browser to be shit.

What is with this error when compiling?
pastebin.com/c5P64h7E

As much as I agree that it should use webkitgtk, it's too late in development to go and change the engine now.

Perhaps put this in the OP, OdiliTime

What's the current Acid3 test score?

No one afaik has built with 2.4, but I believe the 2.4 API is compatible. Let me know how it turns out. I do know 2.3 will not work.

"We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win"

cfgparser, will have to ask despair. we're not using it yet, you may just be able to nuke that file.

I have no control or communication with whoever makes these OP. TeamNetrunner is not involving with making 4/g/ threads.

This one I know: we can't run the tests because no javascript. Plus we have no CSS infrastructure so, a clear 0.

>pastebin.com/c5P64h7E
Fixed that a while back, try pulling from gitgud.io/despair/netrunner

Oh, I'm sorry then, I must have missed the part where you wrote you were in the middle of a technological race with the second largest superpower in the world, that could decide the fate of humanity. Carry on.

Seriously though, even projects with large teams and funding like brave decide to go with preexisting rendering engines. Why do it all over again if it has been done many times, and perfected over the years.

There's actually 2 superpowers.

>perfected
>no room for improvement or competition
yea, ok

>no room for improvement or competition
>implying a bunch of anons are gonna implement a standard better than industry professionals have over the years
I 100% support the effort to make a new browser, because there's many things that could be improved/changed over the leading products, but the rendering engine part? Sorry, but that's just an implemantation of the standard. Even huge organization like mozilla can't make theirs as efficient as blink, and you're telling me you're gonna improve upon something here?

My point is, there is a room for improvement in browsers in general.
And there is NO room for improvement (for small scale project like this) on something as specific and narrowly focused as a rendering engine that's implementing a standard.

Alright, I'll try a fresh compile later. Should I stop using the odilitime repo?

Seriously? Why not just tell artists: "There's already been a Picasso, so don't attempt anything he did, it's already been done to perfection"

Have you ever seen a product with a large development team move as quick as nimble as a small devel team? The meeting alone take most of your week.

We end up with a world with layer on top layer of abstraction because it's "too scary" to learn the layer below it. This technological fear is killing performance and desktops (because mobile doesn't quite have so many layers... yet...). Enjoy running all your electron apps because that's all the current generation knows how to build.

Let me jump in here. Our goal isn't to make a better blink (a consumer facing product). Our goal is to make a better Netrunner (a developer facing product).

>written in C

Absolutely disgusting.
Use rust you giant faggots.

No, that's still the official repo, I maintain port for Windows, and my changes go upstream eventually

Yeah, I mean why are we even writing browsers in C/C++? We should be doing it in Assembly. Stop, what am I even talking about. We should just write bytecode. I mean, should we just say "people already came up with programming languages"? Just think how limiting is that.

So you're more bleeding edge for the linux build?

No, my repo is best for linux builds

I didn't say one extreme or the other but you can equivocate all you want. Less is more.

When will you sync the changes despair did to stop the error for linux?

The point is, in 2017, just as you wouldn't write a C compiler, you shouldn't write a web rendering engine from scratch.

working on it while we speak. Found more errors with his latest repo on linux too.

Why not? Afraid someone will make something better than WebKit or Blink, pajeet?

Why is Firefox in god tier again?

My point is why not? Computer science used to have students build compilers all the time. Now I wouldn't use a non-major compiler in a product release but my point is in the attempt of creation, you gain understanding.

Most coders are going to get a job where it's their job to glue shit together as quickly as possible. They aren't going to learn much about how things work if they're kept from it with abstractions.

You basically suggesting that no one should ever try to make anything hard or that already exists. And I'm telling you that means a world where you use a js framework in your electron app which is essentially a js framework.

opinions are like assholes, learn to ignore.

Okay, fair point, If you want to learn and it's your toy project by all means do what you wish.
I came from the perspective of wanting this project to develop into a full blown, usable browser, because it's pretty cool, which I doubt is gonna happen if you make the engine from scratch.

Literal jew here, its not scaring me

The scope of this project is limited to shitposting on 4/g and stackoverflow without bleeding identifying information. Definitely sounds doable.

Then you're wanted here

Can someone give me a quick rundown on Pale Moon vs Iridium?

>putting Vivaldi and Brave, the two best browsers, in the irrelevant tier.

Shiggy diggy.

>its a calculated move to show we're only interested in code

More like you chose an icon associated with edgy 14 year old racist johnny rebel tier meme-music so that people would be able to immediately know not to take this shitty half-assed re-skin of an already shitty browser project seriously, which is for the best, since it will never be completed anyway.

They're both shit.

>implying anyone serious gives a shit about a meme-browser thats commits are all logos

>thats commits
wow

You sound upset.

Not really, it's just obnoxious to see all this unwarranted self importance, as if literally anyone outside these threads gives a shit.

Ok so stop posting.

I dont want to use the binary, how to build it ?

clone repo, install dependencies, make

Bad list.

Here's the ultimate list:
Brave, Iridium and Waterfox equally.

Midori in case you have very low specs

Epic Privacy for more private sessions

I didn't know Comodo Ice Dragon, nor Lunascape... They are shitty propietary botnets, right??...

It'll be usable on all the web

fix'd

>being this assmad about palemoon
>not just writing your own addons

Alright, I meet the dependencies for everything but GLEW which I have compiled in another directory, I setup the make file and it compiles without error, but when I run the program it gives me
error while loading shared libraries: libGLEW.so.2.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Yet I have the -L and -I pointing right to it, what did I do wrong?

Fixed again.

You listed pale moon as excellent tier? Thanks now I know to never try (((Netrunner))).

Ok, both repos up to date with linux fixes.

is there a libGLEW.so.2.0 in your -L directory?

TeamNetrunner didn't make op

OPs image was made before pale moon did what they did

There is a mbedtls warning treated as an error.
pastebin.com/Tj0ELMgU

Shoot, yea remove -Werror=zero-as-null-pointer-constant from WARNINGS

Waterfox and Firefox Beta need to switch places, and all versions of Safari are shit tier.

GOAT pic there OP

>comet cursor
kek. how many people here are even old enough to remember that?

Use the new logo

wut did palemoon do?

>"We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win"

"Ask not what your Pale Moon can do for you, but what you can do for your Pale Moon."
Your browser, Our way.

What about a mobile version?

fork the linux repo, grab Android Studio, target Dalvik and ART, ????, profit?

What's a good android browser? I ran into armorfly and thought it was perfect until I saw the cheeta shit owned it. What do

This would be cool

>As much as I agree that it should use webkitgtk
>webkitgtk
>gtk
Fuck off.

Are you building a new rendering engine or is this going to be yet another Chrome ripoff?

We're building a new rendering engine from scratch, indeed.

How long is this going to take you? You should've been done a long time ago. Stop shitposting on Sup Forums and get back to work, you bunch of lazy faggots!

>32-bit Firefox outperformed 64-bit Waterfox in Peacekeeper browser benchmark tests run by TechRepublic in 2012,[4] and 64-bit Waterfox slightly outperformed 32-bit Firefox in tests run by Softpedia in 2014.[5] However, in 2016 64-bit Waterfox performed worse than 64-bit Mozilla Firefox in the Kraken, SunSpider, JetStream, and Octane 2.0 benchmarks.[6] Benchmarks were once available on the developers website but have since been removed.[7]

So wait, is webkit nightly good?

>Waterfox below Firefox
>Firefox beta at top
Gtfo you bloatware idiot