Tfw fell for the ryzen meme

tfw fell for the ryzen meme

Good thread.

>tfw bought an i5 like a reasonable person

my condolences

Ryzen 1700 is pretty good though, good performance for a reasonable price. And if you're into machine learning and neural networks (like me) it's absolutely amazing.

|
|
|>
|
|
|

>itt

what if i wanna play pubg man?

Just wait till 2nd gen architecture

that just sounds like a dumb idea all together

This.

i guarantee pubg will fall off once the streamers stop playing it

so sorry user

>itt: Intel Propoganda

I was just about to buy a Ryzen but now I'm having second thoughts

You just made OP's day!

Why though?

>op's face right now

Works on my machine™

good

meme game
it's literally the third or fourth incarnation of the same game

if it was you'd know if it was third or fourth you lying sack of shit

I can't keep up with whatever dayz/h1z1 clone scam gets pumped out

I know. That's why I was asking. Why would he play those games?

I have a 1600, never use that much cpu power but it's nice to be able to multitask without slowing down my computer.
I'd say only wait if you're planning on using linux anytime soon, as for now most distros arem't quite ready yet (only some rolling release distros).

What esoteric WM is that?

>fell for the ryzen meme
>week after, had to convert 80000 small videos to another format for work, all on CPU because format is dumb
feels good man

I think it's the gnome wm

I'm loving my 1700x.

Meme game, though I can confirm it works fine.

MATE

The new Ryzen CPUs run AM4 and DDR4 RAM only right?

Has anyone had to buy new MB and RAM?

Ryzen memory compatibility is a complete random nightmare..

My 2x8gb corsair vegeance lpx should be rated 3ghz 15 17 17 35, but pic related is the best I could manage to at least boot. I still have to test stability...

Wrong profile, damn it.

The fact of the matter is if you were on i7 (which you should be unless poorfag), Ryzen really isnt anything to write home about.

>just what (TM)

tfw 1600x idles at 40c (20c offset makes it show up as 60c and the fans are probably overworking)
:'(
I bought an AIO, the Fractal Design Celsius S24

Seeing same thing here with NH-U12P SE2.

How is that memory working for you? I pushed mine to 2933hz, but Ryzen really doesn't like tight timings... Such a pain in the ass to tweak considering the XMP is next to useless if it doesn't work off the bat..

check your mount , my overclocked (4ghz) 1600 idles at like 37ish on the stock cooler

Yeah, I find that hard to believe. Pick or didn't happen..

But...

>muh soldered cpu
>muh evil merchant intel
>muh poo in loo underdog
>muh twelve threads
>muh cheap price
>muh 5ghz Zen2
>muh it gets better with high freq ram
>muh you can OC up to a 4.1ghz, on liquid

You should use 4.10 or later kernel with Ryzen. It's a bit more than half a year old so should be available in most distros but if not then compiling from source isn't that difficult.

AMD > Jewtel.

lol, enjoy your waiting game for 10 year olds.

no really, enjoy it.

if ryzen was a lox, i5 shit, i7 overpriced, who wins?

Pentium G4560?

>buying an AMD processor

I ran speccy on my new ryzen machine for the first time, lol, i think this is probably due to incompatible software on win7's part.

your speccy is outdates as fuck.

>tfw bought a 6600k a year ago

Russian roulette the CPU...

After going insane over memory timings with my Corsair sticks, I eventually gave up it really got to me appreciate how ram is basically just plug and play with Intel, then if you wanna OC your CPU the I5/I7 K are a lot more reliable, cooler, less power hungry and stable platforms as well.

No wonder AMD has to solder their cpu just to make it work. Kinda like how they must use HBM on their GPUs so it doesn't fry your home.

It isn't. Runs on boot with 1367 MHz, I bought corsair vengeance 3000mhz
Haven't tweaked it yet

me too, what board did you go with? I originally had the gigabyte k5 but returned it because it was a POS, and I bought a Asrock Taichi

Not accurate. I've had to force xmp on Intel to get memory clocks and timings to match the sticks I bought.

oh yeah, thanks user. There we go.

mine 1600 idles at 31.0 celsius at stock clocks and stock cooler, ambient is 20.2 right now
so i could believe 37ish idle temps when oc'd

And all the excuse-making on behalf of AMD everytime it's finicky or plain falls short.

>Oh, it's still very early in it's release. Give it time and things will improve.
>Play the silicon lottery and get the max reported OC speeds! You might WIN!
>The mobo manufacturers didn't get enough time with the final processors, that's why it's still fiddly!

It's been an ocean of shilling, limp excuses and piss. The quality right now is low and it's obvious. Cheaper price for lower overall quality is *not* a novel idea. And hit-or-miss hardware is not synonymous with "quality".

The fuck are you doing? I'm idling at 27C on my 1800X.

Memory is a bitch though, XMP isn't worth anything. Will try what says and try with looser timings.

what cooler?

>bought Ryzen 1700X at launch
>segfaults when compiling
>mystery hiccups sometimes
>KVM disabled
>find out the early chips were factory defective
I regret not waiting a month before buying.

EKWB Supremacy + 7970 GPU in loop with 280+280+120 rads. Using Gelid paste. Ambient's 24C. All fans @7V

Being an early adopter is almost always painful.

>AMD

Itt:

>more like intlel amirite

Also itt:

>You should buy AMD®'s Ryzen™. It is unmatched in price-to-performance and it will blast through anything you run as if it were nothing by using the latest in Moar Coarz™ technology and you will be able to multitask like never before. You won't regret powering your PC with only the best AMD® has to offer.

>AMD®: The Future is Fusion.

I don't think Intel is the one that's hiring shills, Sup Forums

>how ram is basically just plug and play with Intel
Because every ddr4 memory stick was made specifically for intel cpus. And no, you still had lottery with 2011-3.

>The RAM was made to work with Intel
>The RAM was not made to work with AMD

And how is that the consumer's problem?

Do not buy memory not in your motherboard qvl and you will not get that problem. Pretty sure, in couple of years there going to be memory that going to work only on amd motherboards.

>Ryzen 1600
>God tier TDP
>More cores

They added support for up to 6 cores.

This bothers the hell out of me, with every single CPU meter i've tried so far my R5 1600 is listed as having 12 cpu's?

What the heck? I just want to see dem hexacore stats

You just came here to bait so you could post this haven't you? that's kind of pathetic

Nobody give a shit you sold autism amount of currency on cooling... Most of us here us air cooling and Ryzen has a shit tdp.

KyS

>finally manage 3ghz memory this afternoon
>has to loosen timings a little bit but not too bad
>play hours of games and run few benchmarks
>no crash

>turn off computer and go outside jogging
>came back after an hour and half after shower
>vvvuuu click vvvuuu click vvvuuu click vvuuuu

Holyshit it's refusing all my profile all of a sudden wtf... Why? and why the fuck does Ryzen Master reset all your settings after fail boot? What's the point of profiles and saves if it does that shit.

FOR FUCK SAKE

seriously i dont understand why people buy ryzen as if its the greatest thing to have ever come out when all they are using it for is shitposting on Sup Forums

>overclocking through software instead of the BIOS

>hour and a half shower
you have bigger problems

Asrock bios has no SOC voltage setting. Don't really have a choice here...

I went jogging too you goof

Anyway I did try through BIOS too, I only downloaded ryzen master because i wasnt' going anywhere without the SOC setting.

Well as for me my old phenom build was failing so i had to replace it anyways even though i've been cash-strapped af again the past couple months over

Now someone buying a threadripper just to post buthanese bamboo-etched flip book illustrations on a malay bug breeding bulletin board system, that's a whole different story

So sorry for your loss

Still waiting for that damn NPT bug fix.

>Ryzen has a shit tdp.
Guess Intel has a shit TDP too then fuckface, since a 7700k is a 91w part vs an 1800x's 95w, disregarding the 1700 and 1600 being 65w parts. If you are gonna kvetch, try something remotely coherent Levi.

Is there another microcode in the making? Or is ram compatibility as good as it'll ever get?

>6 cores.
name one use for six (6) cores.

>getting this worked up over proccessors
wew lad

turn off smt in your bios then silly!

xmp worked fine for me. 3200 cl14 bdie. I had an issue where the xmp wasnt setting the voltage correctly so i manually set it to 1.35 as per the profile and it all went smoothly

>the current state of intel

plus housefires.

>trying to obfuscate lies with "lel he mad"

cmon user, you are better than this.

Ryzen Master just adjusts the BIOS settings anyway. That's why you have to reboot for most of the settings to take any changes

You said the same thing about Vega and look how that turned out. More expensive, worse at games, and good for degenerates, whoops I meant to say miners.

i didnt even read what you fags were arguing about, just read the butthurt, Sup Forums really needs to get outside more

I didnt wait, i got a good am4 mobo and a 1600 now because unlike intel, the am4 platform will be good for at least the next 2 generations of cpus. also wanted to buy ram now before it steadily increases in price over the next year

Rats.

Went from a retarded 8120 to a 1600x

I still feel the shadow of the fx, as if it's haunting me. Maybe I'm more sensitive to stutter than most people but something is definitely there. Even at 144hz. If ryzen was meant to be smooth then idk. I mean it's really nice and hardly an upgrade for everyday tasks, but idk

Maybe I'll just get a xeon next time

Buy it you dumbass dont let the intel shills tell you otherwise