Does this shit even work? Been searching for 2h now

Does this shit even work? Been searching for 2h now.
I stopped using Windows when saw the first Windows 10 popup. I only have done some small things like configuring my mouse so haven't bothered to update it.
Now getting new Ryzen PC and might use Windows more for games.
I just wanted to try install USB drivers for Ryzen and update Windows. Would it be just easier to update to Windows 10? Atleast Windows 10 can be prepared to be moved to new system.
Problem is that I have dualboot and fixing Grub while Linux is encrypted is bit harder and I have never done that. Does anyone know if upgrading Windows breaks grub like reinstall does?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/simplix-pack-to-update-live-win7-system-integrate-hotfixes-into-win7-distribution.45005/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just went to check after posting and there is sysprep for windows 7 too.

How to use Windows 7
If you need to update your drivers, use DriverEasy
If you need to install updates just install them manually from Microsoft's website
If you can't check for updates you used a shit Windows loader because you sure didn't pay for your copy, nobody does

Download ant install these updates

>Windows6.1-KB3020369-x64
>Windows6.1-KB3172605-x64
>Windows6.1-KB3125574-v4-x64

Will fix it!

>Most recent check 6.2.2016

Your best bet is using windows update offline, somewhere between 2016 windows update broke

it does. It will take ~8 hours at least, and might fail.

Windows setup rarely plays nice with Linux installations, you'll want to be prepared for it to fuck everything up.

Much effort to keep it updated just for few games if I need to research every update. I dont think I care about botnet when I do everything else on Linux

So it would be faster to run windows 10 setup even if it breaks grub?

It has been running for 2:28 now

Win 10 will be faster.

Listen to this guy, download the first two manually and install them, they are fixes for windows update, after installed winupdtae will work properly!

DISM is fucking abysmal in terms of speed.
>7
When it comes to Windows you really should be using the latest stable version.

With the ! I thought that those are updates that force Windows 10 or something.

>latest stable version
>not 7
when 10 becomes stable, then this will no longer be the case

7 obviously isn't stable if updates are broken

they aren't broken, the updater is just a pos.
it'll pick up eventually.
you better not be OP.

What's the justification for staying on 7? Even 8 or 8.1 would be better. 7 is ancient at this point.

I know MDL is frowned upon here, but with 7, it's foolish not to use Simplix Pack.

7 SP1 ISO + latest Simplix Pack + disable Windows Update = stable machine

take the red pill

forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/simplix-pack-to-update-live-win7-system-integrate-hotfixes-into-win7-distribution.45005/

>being this much of a pajeet
To answer your question, it just works.
Bugs, unnecessary UI changes, constant updates, data collection, etc. were the last things on my mind when using Windows 7

Not an argument.

>triggered
Did you even bother reading the rest of my response?

Listen to this trips. I had the same problem, after that windows update will work (still worse than linux though)

Me not buying your bullshit doesn't make me "triggered". You have no justification and are blowing smoke for some weird reason while ironically calling others pajeets. Just use 7 sir, it's my favorite version of Microsoft Windows :))

>updates were installed: 16/10/2015

It has 2 years worth of updates to check. It will take a while. Leave it there overnight.

Update: Took 3h to find like 10 updates (had 40 something uninstalled from last check).
Only 54 updates in 2 years?
Oh its this shit again where I have to install, reboot, search, install, reboot, search for hours.

Have to think tomorrow if I upgrade to Windows 10 and then upgrade to enterprise or if I stay on Windows 7. Too tired to continue today.

Read my comment again. I'm saying all of Windows 10's bullshit isn't present on Windows 7 and I never had to worry about it.

7 is the pajeet OS

>all this triggering over a word

>all of 10's bullshit
>the smoke I farted out my ass

>7
>no bugs
>no data collection
>no UI change
lmao, the only thing you got right was no updates which isn't exactly a point in your favor.

>Not running Windows 7 sp1 without any useless patches.

Windows isn't like bash that needs security updates every month or so.

Oh look, it's another retard thinks 7 doesn't spy on him episode. All wincuck users have Bill's hand up their ass.

Is that the only word you know? Sorry you can't handle the bantz but that's no excuse.

>windows
>not needing security updates every month

wsus offine update

>updating windows 7
you might as well just run win10 at that point