Is programming art?

Is programming art?

Other urls found in this thread:

sissy-scarlet.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no

Is spaghetti art? My art teacher said it was possible.

no.

it isn't entertainment either.

its like whatever a technical manual would be classified as.

Art itself doesn't really have an objective definition, some people just use it to mean anything that requires great skill and expression of human emotion. Others define it only as visual work. Programming doesn't really fit any of these.

Is trapping art?

Absolutely

No it's not, no matter what campaigns designed to lure normies into programming say.

No I find art to be much harder because it's judged arbitrarily and I'm never satisfied with my art. What I program has a discrete input and output and as long as the output is produced in a reasonable time, that is fast enough that no one complains, I feel satisfied with my work.

It depends. If the programming ITSELF is expressing ideas, then it CAN be art.

They have maccoroni paintings sooo

Therefore in most cases, no :)

Yes.
Yes.
Hell, even this post could be considered art.

T-that's a boy?

What about demoscene?

it is literature

who is this fine gal?

it's me

>it's judged arbitrarily
no, evoking an emotional response or spiritual stimulation is not arbitrary. it's abstract and nebulous.

Are videogames art?
Are pictures art?
Is text art?
Is shitposting art?

It all depends.

Yes but nobody recognizes it as art
So is it even art then?

Program design is art. Sitting there typing shit in, is what it is.

I-Is this thread art?

oh hey there... why dont you pull your skirt up a little... hehe

sissy-scarlet.tumblr.com/

Art is defined by aesthetics being its primary function. Code could be art if it was practically useless and written entirely to be structurally elegant. A demoscene program isn't art because it's a tool being used to produce a coherent secondary output, though the output is art.

This

>sissy
>since I got on hormones
dropped

faggot

No

>Art is defined by aesthetics being its primary function.
jesus christ no. aesthetics is one of many art movements, maybe that is one definition, but it's certainly not the general consensus that only aesthetic works can be art. Even within the aesthetic movement, aesthetics are not prohibited by having other functions. In fact everything can be judged from an aesthetic viewpoint. Some syntax is more aesthetic than others, making programming languages themselves at least partially an artistic pursuit.

I would kidnap and do very naughty things to her

>Art is defined by aesthetics being its primary function
So, ruby?

Why is Sup Forums full of homosexuals who think it's not gay if a boy is wearing a dress?

Because stripped socks will improve your programming skills.

Programming is a tool like a brush.

If you use a brush correctly you are doing art.

what do dragon dildos help with?

They're comfortable to sit on.

art can be about expressing intelligence too

I think a piece of code that's short and elegant, optimized yet still readable, error-proof yet flowing and free of abrupt logic like ifs and catches, that 100% solves a non-trivial problem in a beautifully simple yet correct way by seamlessly glueing together several data structures and design patterns is fucking art.

*data structures, design patterns, functions/transformations, and algorithms

think of mathematical formulae that render beautiful graphs that perfectly solve the problem when expressed as "for every x in [a,b] we need to get the correct y as output", where the "correct" y value is non-trivial and has some special requirements

Does she have a big benis?

>I soooooo want to be a girl, it'd solve all my problems!
>Yay, I'm finally pumping myself full of hormones and I'll be a """""girl""""" soon!
>Hmm, why am I still depressed?

Every fucking time.

I'd fuck her

about as much art as sewing

Humanity was a mistake. We need to go back

hell yeah nigga

I did a lot as a child, am I an artist ?