Why evan use Windows anymore?

Why evan use Windows anymore?

League of Legends

Nothing. Using Windows makes me feel like some CIA nigger is breathing behind my neck.

I don't like Unix-like systems and ReactOS isn't good enough to use yet so I suffer with the botnet in the meantime.

Quake Champions

It just werks

All my laptops have GNU/Linux. On my desktop, I dualboot Windows and GNU/Linux. I don't know why, if I boot into Windows, my mouse doesn't work right. It'll work for two seconds, and then I'll hear that USB disconnect/connect sound, then it'll reconnect after about 20 seconds. Don't have this problem at all on GNU/Linux.

it's just linux

*Windows 7, not Windows 10

Don't you know that newer is always better?

muh gaymes

For ransomware creators*

Hi Microsoft

>getting people off windows means I work for Microsoft
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

nice meme

You're suggesting Windows 7 just werks for malware creators and it is implied based on the post you're replying to that Windows 10 wouldn't have that problem

>Why evan use Windows anymore?
Out of Mutual loyalty and respect between you (the customer) and Microsoft.

I use it for work, but I'm fairly certain I can use Linux for the same, or at least run Windows in a VM. Maybe one day I'll have enough time to install Linux on my desktop and set it up in a VM.

No, Linux is just a kernel, unfortunately. It doesn't work very well as an operating system.

Microsoft Office, Photoshop, and gaymes.

I just use it for games at this point, fuck doing work on it though
Also how did you know my name?

Nothing that I stated is wrong.
Windows 7 is phenomenal for malware creators.
Windows 10 is bad for malware creators because it is the malware.
How does it feel to be using a piece of shit while attempting to feel superior to other retards? :)

So... Windows 8.1 it is?

As a secretary for a fortune 500 corp, I agree with this post. In my free time at work, I like to shoop cocks on pictures of my co-workers or just kick back and play some GTAV. I've also been known to whip up some sweet designs in my favorite CAD software.

Best Windows, hands down.

I use Windows 9

Play dota you faggot, it works on linux

nice icon size buddy

>Out of Mutual loyalty and respect

its not mine babe my pape is too lewd to post

Nice, you somehow created something even worse.

post it

Because I've never had to install or update a fucking windows program with a command line.

path of exile runs like shit on wine since 3.0.x
rip

Move to macOS where you won't have to worry about installing/upgrading hardware internals, either.

barely any new distros do this

>he plays a trash game on a trash OS
>cant into dota and linux thats the true reason
kill yourself

If you're parroting the same outdated information about linux then fortunately i can tell you there's a lot of ways to install programs on linux using a GUI.

chocolatey is very comfy though
This though

I use 3 workstations and 2 laptops, in this order Debian, Ubuntu, Windows 10 (pc at work), Arch GNU/linux-libre, Windows 10. On network boxes I use a mix of Debian and FreeBSD. All of this is because I understand that people who freak out and tell others not to use any specific OS according to their own whims are retarded elitists and are best ignored.

Do you seriously not care to upgrade your entire PC with either a terminal or a GUI in a few pecks or a few clicks, basically as long as the machine operates, you have support and free shit?

>Linux can be an extremely lightweight OS
>Still somehow runs games worse

>Sup Forums
u need to go back onii-chan

just works
games
it isnt a meme like linux

i bet its some weeb anime shit isnt it?

I don't mind microsoft spying on me, and sometimes I need software like sony vegas, paint, photoshop and I just don't have time searching for an alternative on Linux. Might try Linux when I change my job though because something new is good

I use it to back up my iPhone. Windows XP. Never connects to the internet. Other than that, I don't touch Windows.

Evan here. I use windows because it makes a decent workstation and plays games. I also prefer to manage my Linux devices over SSH and nothing compares to mobaxterm for Linux.

My man

In natural language words can have more than one meaning. "Linux" is a word that refers both to a kernel and to a family of operating systems based on it, which may or may not include GNU components. Now you know.

There's some applications that run on it. It's misery to run it on the metal though. VM's are ok though. Use your oldest favorite version that gets the job done. XP or win2k whatever. Clone the vm's for backups.

Why are you so scared of the command line when it's efficient and so easy? Why don't you want to learn how to actually use a computer?

Ubuntu:
>sudo apt update
>sudo apt upgrade
>sudo apt install
Or from the repo:
>git clone
>make
>sudo checkinstall
Voila, it's that easy.

Windows:
>search google for freeware proprietary program
>download exe
>click exe
>exe has ads, is network enabled for some reason
>have to make sure to uncheck "install malware"
>sometimes you're out of luck and installer installs malware regardless
>programs update in insecure manner over the internet
>no way to uninstall without uninstaller, no standards, no control over programs, no central management like a package manager
>fragmentation all over disk, registry issues, and so on
>have to run proprietary spyware "anti virus" programs to feel at peace
Windows is shit.

Video games. That's the only reason.

My desktop is basically a console/expensive shitposting machine at this point. Whenever i want to do anything else i whip out my laptop with linux.

It has all the software I need. I literally work with Autocad and Adobe suite, both of which are not on Linux and alternatives suck donkey cock. Once Linux software reaches Windows level convenience, I'll make the switch.

>I literally work with Autocad and Adobe suite
Do you create blueprints for dragon dildos and after that make websites for them? That must be a hard work.

this

same with linux with systemd installed

or any computer with a management engine

they all glow in the dark

Guys do I want to update a fresh install of windows 7 or not? Mostly using it to learn C#

The newest C# stuff works fine on 7. Don't bother updating beyond the non-W10 stuff

problem is I can't even tell and I've researched online about updates - it's a gamble.

Genuine reports of telemetry implants on w7 even for people that carefully hand picked the "clean" updates - with proofs, deep processor scan - showing exactly that telemetry application was running on.

I think If I use a solid third party security software I'll be good if I want to bring that non-updated w7 on, alternatively I can just never connect it to internet.

It's because a lot of devs don't put any effort into ports. It's like how PCs are vastly more capable than consoles, yet there are still some console ports that run like a paraplegic.

>Third party software just to run your OS how you want.
I'm certain you can C# on Linux

I only dual boot occasionally for video games.

No point tho it's like limiting myself for no reason + my target products are game hacks and windows software, tho I don't care about windows much.

The performance on Linux ain't good tho

It's literally better than in Windows, check the Vulkan comparison on YT

Because OSX is the only alternative and I don't plan on fucking around with Hackintosh

i like watching the pretty dots go round and round for hours everytime i shut down or start up. linux updates are boring and only last a few seconds.

>linux updates are boring and only last a few seconds.
They get tedious because the only distros worth using have to be updated every goddamn day