Why does google chrome keep getting bigger?

Why does google chrome keep getting bigger?
How long until chrome is a 1GB binary?
I don't even care about disk space, it eats up your ram too, 12 tabs eats up nearly 3GB because of all the sandboxing.

Chrome just keeps getting shittier, I pinned version 59 indefinitely because I no longer want to upgrade it.
When is firefox going to take this opportunity to kick google's ass now that chrome is literally a self-contained operating system disguised as a web browser and has taken the role internet explorer did in the early 2000s as the incumbent bloated browser?

Still the only browser to handle tabs, crashes, and ram effectively.

>effectively

>Linux philosophy says unused ram is wasted ram
>Chrome is wrong for adhering to this

>why does a browser that does not currently fully implement the HTML, CSS and JS specs keep growing with each update
Hmm, I don't know. Maybe they keep adding something to it?

Why would you care, you autistic fuck.

Use Brave Browser

>Chrome handles RAM effectively
It's the biggest RAM hog there is ya jabroni

>ya jabroni
Most polite insulting ever seen on Sup Forums

Free RAM is wasted RAM, user
Browsers and sites today are far more capable and fully featured than they were five years ago. I don't want to go back to 90s internet just because you are so autistic you worry about "using up" your RAM

fucking stupid ape, why dedicate so much RAM to one application? that's the point fag, what if I'm running another RAM hog like android studio?

what happens then?

>buys 8gb ram
>complains when chrome uses 3gb

fuck off faggot. ram exists to be used. like your mum

New features are added user, simple.
And this shit get more and more bloated.
Computers get more powerful.
Everything become fragile and less secure.
Hope someone will find a hack to pwn all the computers in the world and end this rat race.

Fuck you you stupid retard

This is how the internet would still look like if Aspie luddites like you were allowed to hold back progress just so you could keep running on your Pentium IV with 2GB RAM

The current net is the same fucking thing but the page doesn't load unless 10 different javascript frameworks are loaded from 5 different domains.

There are other programs than chrome running on the machine. Chrome behaves like an OS assuming it has unique access to all resources.

kill yourself

I mean, it is Chrome OS basically

This

Fuck off Javascript shill. We don't need this bloat. Internet has become a fucking echo chamber and each normie page takes approximately 10 seconds to load because of all the millenials js shit frameworks, because of this we download at least 5 Mo of useless bloat.
Yes, I'm /MAD/

>Linux philosophy says unused ram is wasted ram
[[[citation needed]]]

It's a working and light (for our times) website.
Do you feel uncomfortable with it?