Why do people still use GNU/Linux despite it being so user unfriendly...

Why do people still use GNU/Linux despite it being so user unfriendly? It has zero practical benefits over Windows 7 in the real world, yet you have to deal with doing fucking everything through a retarded terminal.

Is it time to accept that GNU/Linux was simply a failed experiment and that people should stop using it?

you should try harder to bait /g
summer is over

edgy man babies

it's just Linux

You're absolutely right that from average person's perspective using Linux instead of Windows makes absolutely no sense. From developers point of view it makes a lot more sense, since Linux primarily aims at developers.

You obviously aren't a computer enthusiast. Go back to paint candy crush and Skyrim on your over bloated PC

I suggest something like this for your next bait:

Wouldn't you rather use something made by working professionals with real lives even if it is inferior rather than use something that empowers NEETs.

i'd rather use something not made by pajeets with h-1b visas indentured to microsoft. i wonder if they've learned how to poo in the loo in redmond or if they just let them shit in the hall.

For me it's primarily package management.

Installing something on Windows:
>Google application name
>find download for executable
>run executable
>click "next, next, next, install" all the while dodging popups for browser toolbars
>?????
>Profit

Installing something on Linux:
>open terminal and enter a single command
>?????
>Profit

Updating something on Windows:
>go to run application
>get pop up "there's a new version, please go to out wesbite and download it"
>repeat "Installing something on Windows"
>?????
>Profit

Updating something on Linux:
>update operating system, everything else gets updated along with it
>?????
>Profit

>user unfriendly
running KDE neon, and never had an issue since I am comfortable installing programs.

Sup Forumsuys this is the state of windows gaymers!
We're (linux on desktops) over 3% now!
These manchildren are afraid that windows becomes second class citizen!

Haha! manchildren are holding their tears now!

Linux shits the bed when it comes to installing something without a package manager.

>download from website
>if you're lucky it's .deb and you can try and execute it
>otherwise you have to compile it
>even if it's .deb it might not act like an executable even when given the permission because who the fuck knows what broke where
>Even if you've installed this way you'll need to manage a shitload of config files to update things like the start menu
>Without a guide, you won't have a fucking clue what to fix or change in what config files to get anything to work, good luck googling this shit for the next 13 hours
>If you've got a guide, hopefully it works and nothing fucks up anywhere

Linux distros really need to pull their heads out of their asses when it comes to installing outside a package manager.

yeah ban linux beacuse you are too stupid to learn.

ever considered being a politician?

Don't encourage the fuck, this is how we fucking *got* politicians.

Unfortunately it isn't something a distro can really control. Most applications that don't offer actual packages (like a .deb) at least tend to ship precompiled binaries inside a folder so if you're lazy you can just run it from there or if you know the file structure you can actually throw it into /opt/ and symlink the icon, desktop entry, and binary where they need to go to make it work seamlessly, but yeah that takes some prior knowledge.

It was probably a lot easier for me since I started during the XP days when that was frankly just as "difficult" to work with. I do know a guy though who used Linux his entire life and then I had to walk him through using Windows for the first time and believe me, it's hard both ways. Familiarity doesn't necessarily equal ease of use.

>open terminal and enter a single command
so you knew the exact name, how common

They're typically pretty on-the-nose, but I suppose if you had to search it it only adds one more command.

Thanks Sir.

> It has zero practical benefits over Windows 7 in the real world
>i have never worked in my entire life
>i believe that my statement is very grown up as a 16 year old
>i abelieve that gaming and microsoft office is the only thing that you can do on computers
>i also like shitposting but i can hide the fact that i'm simply retarded by the shitpost

sage goes in all fields. also kill yourself in real life, thanks

> executing a .deb
WOW
it's a fucking archive

I use Linux but will admit Windows 10 Desktop just looks so good no Linux can compete

If only it wasnt a spyware

Muh botnet. Muh BSOD. Muh freedums.

shhh

This is why Arch is the best distro. You don't need to search around for random obscure debs or PPAs. Arch has the Arch User Repository, where anyone can upload their own package scripts. It's very easy to find obscure software that way. You can also see the popularity of different AUR packages. You can read and post comments to discuss any issues, and you can subscribe to be notified of changes. AUR packages are small build/install scripts, so you can easily inspect them for safety reasons. They're also easy to write, so you can make your own AUR packages easily.

I think you has a lot to learn.
For example the fact you're using linux indirectly right now, due linux not being just a desktop thing like windows.
As you sound quite young, imagine that you're making an arcade cabinet, and you will program the game from the ground up for it.
You could pay the 200+ dollar license for windows on each cabinet, waste half of the memory on the windows bloat, have to install manually each of the boxes.
Or you can use a heavily customized linux that works in tandem with your game code, not eat memory and delivers a much better performance. For free.
Consoles actually do exactly this nowadays, but using BSD instead of linux because they don't need to tell anyone they're using BSD.

>download program
>cd into folder
>make
>make install
Not that hard desu

You don't like the terminal?
Well, that's an easy one.
Don't use GNU/Linux!
(but Sup Forums is not the right place to talk about it in that way)