Spends $1000 on his PC

>spends $1000 on his PC
>gets a boring as fuck case

Why do people do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=office noise mental performance
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Don't spend time looking at case.
>Being autistic enough to buy a case because it looks cool.
Grow up.

sorry is this better

You'll get it once you reach puberty

because most people are *not* autistic turds like you and want a computer that performs well period. Not some flaming LED stravaganza that looks out of a gay sex shop

>spends $1000 on his PC

fuck off normie

>spends any amount of money
>case looks like a trash can with LED lighting

can't make this shit up

sry do neetbucks not pay for nice PCs?

It's cheaper. Cretin.

my CPU was more than a grand
go back to plebbit

>wasting your money on extreme editions thatll be obsolete in 2yrs

>not just using a post office box

>spend 1000$ on a pc
>still have to compromise on something that's either gaymer shit or a personal heater

>buying decent parts is a waste
>buys a case with windows so his boyfriend can jizz over the 400 rainbow LEDs

I actually met someone who bought a Thermaltake level 10 for $500 but used the mobo IGP because he ran out of money.
This was 7 years ago, and the IGP was a HD 4200, which can barely player 1080p low bitrate videos

Not him and i agree overpaying for a 1337 haxxorz case is stupid, but spending 1k on a CPU is fucking retarded

>buy fan controller, because my bios only supports 2 fan
>it has LEDs
>annoy and distract me from the screen

I fucking hate LEDs, I only keep my pc next to my monitor because of the air flow and dust

The case in OP would be gorgeous if the whole thing was shiny like the plastic in the front.

new zealand prices brother, we get fucked on everything

Remove them

That's what i do with every single annoying piece of crap that has LEDs
I have a bunch saved due to corps thinking everyone is a fucking gaymer and feel the need to place 5 ultra bright LEDs on a fucking mouse.

Oh well, sorry for ya.
Is it a good CPU at least?

Can I do it? They are those small ones that are integrated to the board, like in led strips.
Don't I need to replace them with resistors?

case is going to be the thing that hikes up shipping costs, you either use one you've already got or you go for a cheapy

i7-6900k

I always "cut" one of the ends using a soldering iron when it comes to SMD leds
Not sure if it's better to replace them with resistors, but i've never had anything failing on me due to it.

>Bitches about gaymers
>Actually goes out of way to take a harmless led out of devices
holy fucking shit that's more autistic than gaming

Apparently taking LEDs off devices, so i can use them later on actual projects instead of them burning my retina at night is "more autistic" than playing videogaymes all day

What kind of fucking project could you possible be doing that could be so fucking important that it requires you to do some retarded shit like that instead of bulk ordering lcds.

Case does not affect performance.
Its best kept open anyway.
Oh and i also always buy literally the cheapest mobo with necessary features and green pcb.
And I love them Chieftec and overclicking Valueram without heatsinks

I probably got betters shit for the same money you spent given i only paid for the shit that matters.

How do you feel about me gaymenchildren?

What kind of fucking project could you possible be using your computer for that could be so fucking important that it requires you to do buy retarded overpriced gaymer shit that has a lot of LEDs instead of buying actually useful shit?

Leds is fuckin light pollution, cant watch a movie in tge dark or sleep with my PC on because of tge fucking lighting.

Fucking marketing shit.
The secong worst invention of the jews after glass back phones that shatter when dropped once

I bought a haf x for 100 bux and enjoy a well built case that will last forever and never obsolete™ because xboxhueg

Weighs like 40 pounds without anything in it though

I have a Fractal Design Define S with no window. I just want a clean setup with only white lights in my mechanical keyboard and mouse.

>having a window in your case

LEDs are a good invention
It's just retard people who think "it looks so cool let's place them everywhere!!!!" that makes it cancerous
It's like the comic sans of this decade

It was cheap

>buys cheap shit
>complains

Thanks, I removed them, and works perfectly.

Why can't you make it up? Are you mentally deviant?

The case sits under my desk and I rarely look at it. Why do I care what it looks like?

MANAITAN-X

Test bench for 3380 yen

>no good horizontal case that doesn't cost $150

>Had to open my case like 4 years ago
>Never closed it
>Computer "case" is now a dusty mess with components and cords sticking out of it everywhere

Not giving a fuck desu, probably for the best since room temperature becomes like 35 degrees during the summer over here

>buy a corsair carbide air series case
>lay it on its side

>needing illuminated kbd and mouse

my mate did this back in the day
he used to put a large fan to the side of the case in the summer

ended up dropping a box of screwdriver attachments from his desk and one of them bounced onto his graphics card and killed it

Sure, if you're 12.

>tfw case cost more than the rest of the computer

the case looks better then if you disagree you are probably a kid with a wrong set of values in your life

>spends 700$ on his PC
>spends 300$ on a disgusting ricer RGB vomit enclosure
Why do people do this?

is better than
Because side and top ventilated cases will always have superior cooling performance compared to some shitty case that has one fan in the front and one in the back.

If you disagree you are a tech illiterate moron whose knowledge goes only as far as deciding what's better based on looks.

>Case does not affect performance.
Cooling is a thing you know.
>Its best kept open anyway.
Noise is a thing you know. Dust too.
>Oh and i also always buy literally the cheapest mobo with necessary features and green pcb.
That's fine, but generally it's not a bad idea to pay a little extra and get better components, FET's and all. Audio solution is a thing also.
>And I love them Chieftec and overclicking Valueram without heatsinks
RAM speeds can make a difference, but on a budget this is a very sensible thing to do.

it doesnt matter the little extra cooling for what ugly case like

>little extra cooling
You're retarded. A side fan alone is -6 °C.

Is it wrong to lick your case while sensually massaging your nipples and moaning "A E S T H E T I C" softly as if to a lover?

Who here /buys the case that is cheapest and works the best regardless of appearance/ here?

I can get it for a quarter of what you paid bro

I bought an R4 5 years ago and stuck with it.
Don't see myself getting a new case any time soon.

don't remind me haha fucks sake we get shafted for everything down here

No one is autistic as OP about RGB lighting cases

Side fans do nothing. I removed mine because it just brought in more dust and added noise. There was 0 difference in temperatures after i removed it.

See, now I know you're a lying sack of shit, because when I added just one 120mm fan to my Xigmatek Midgard II case's side panel with two front, two top and one back fan already installed, my HD7850 Sapphire Dual X card (praised for its excellent cooling) was 6 degrees lower, and my Thermaltake TMG IA1+Noctua NF-F12 cooled CPU was 4 degrees lower while gaming.

Idk I had a few gaming cases but always wanted something similar to some office pc like my father's old shit, but like a sleeper pc.

Windows are for fags
A pc case is just a box. Get a goddamm box not some faggot glory rbg hole that lights up to bright pink when you finger pop your asshole.

Rgb ram is pretty nice though with a gpu tach meter

Gamer genocide when?

>cheapest and works the best
Mutually exclusive

Literally me desu, still using those piece of shit case from 2004 with on top psu, no complete front panel and without front intake fan.

/Thread

>spends money for a case

Why do people do this ?

>gpu tach meter
>rgb is nice

I love my fractal design define mini.

I'm autistic and the ideal computer is invisible and inaudible.
The next best thing is a silent, matte black box.

Function over form lad
Someday you will learn that, but in the meantime feel comfortable knowing that it is perfectly alright to sleep with your adult night light you call a case. Everyone has a phobia

The cheapest that works the best is still pretty close to being cheap. It's a case. There's no performance aspect to consider. So a CM Storm Trooper could be pretty fucking excessive, if all you do with the expansion bays is install a fake gatling gun on it.

>only autists drive BMWs

Wow dude, you're so cool

>There's no performance aspect to consider.
Susceptibility to vibration, if you still use mechanical drives
Noise dampening
Dust filtering

>glossy screen
Glossy screens are a crime against humanity.
Some countries even have laws against the.
You can sue any German company that supplies its employees with glossy screens.

Function over form, always

Correct. That's why I went with Furthermore, very comfortable to build and maintain a computer inside of.
Shit cases, never again.

Neither of them are performance, those are utility. Dust filtering is shit on the CM Storm Trooper, I always had fine dust sitting in the case just after two months. The factory case fans are loud as fuck, another expense to replace them with ones that don't go 36 dBA from the get-go.

And as for vibration... well, it doesn't vibrate, but the case is so fuck huge, the drives echo in it, so their humming sound is amplified.

Typical example of less is more.

>Neither of them are performance,
Noise affects YOUR performance.
Many studies confirm that.
google.com/search?q=office noise mental performance

Unironically still the best case design... To bad the inards suck ass. But I could see it in a nice gunmetal finish with the rotten fruit sanded off.

>Expecting people to spend more than a grand, especially on first builds

Utterly irrelevant when I'm talking about the product, not the user of the product.

Noise is bad, noise is annoying, everyone knows that, you don't need a study to confirm it, why on Earth would I've mentioned the necessity to replace the loud factory fans otherwise?

>There's no performance aspect to consider

You're performance when gaming. A shit case in the corner of your eye is a risk factor for wrist fatigue, dehydration, obesity, resting heart rate of >100, isolation, and low prenatal testosterone.

My case is my mbo box, best case evar!!!?!1q1
Quiet & cool!!!

Smartphone hardware in shitop case

fucking nerd

>o bad the inards suck ass. But I could see it in a nice gunmetal finish with the rotten fruit sanded off.

Nice virtue signalling, faggot.

>Buying a BMW for it's appearance

>the user
>Utterly irrelevant when I'm talking about the product

Uh, no dude

Checked, you got me
I was going to say Mercedes but I thought it would be a bad example because no autists drive Mercedes.

Lmao @ this faggot

>Spends $1000 on his PC
>gets a boring as fuck case
Sounds like a man who has his priorities straight. The more money spent on components, the better.
Would you really rather spend $200-$300 on a case and give up that extra SSD or potential 8TB of storage? Maybe even an upgraded GPU? Or CPU?

Money matters.
LEDs don't.

Now if you are beyond the typical retarded sheep gamer, and you have a legit use for advanced features buying an expensive case is worth every cent. But that's only if you buy an expensive case with features, and LEDs don't count. I'm talking stuff like room, build quality, expansion, hotswap bays, dust filtration, noise cancellation/vibration dampening/carryability if you travel a lot.

There's a lot to consider.
But if you only build the PC then leave it as is there's literally no reason not to buy the $25 case that fits your needs. Unless you have autism, more specifically the bad kind of autism. Not the kind where it leads to to make rational decisions like wanting a silent matte black box. I'm talking about the autism that makes you yearn for LEDs and memes, and makes you feel depressed if you got the wrong color underwear from your parents at christmas.

>I'm talking stuff like room, build quality, expansion, hotswap bays, dust filtration, noise cancellation/vibration dampening/carryability if you travel a lot.
And FFS, get a good PSU.
With a good PSU and case, you'll save yourself build/maintenance pains, noise, and b0rked components.

I did that, until my Z77 MPower failed with a 'big bang', taking an i7 with it. Not falling for the 'dust is okay' meme again--bought a couple of cases with dust filters.

I don't look at my computer, I don't post pictures of my computer on the internet, and I don't invite people over to look at my computer. I get the least visually obtrusive case with the best airflow I can.

I'm entertained by the frustration of others.

>see my boring looking PC/car/etc.
>observe how well it runs
>don't realize from the outside that it's built for solid performance
>start wondering why their PC/car/etc. runs like shit in comparison
>pretend that it must be a matter of maintenance or something
>jimmies rustled

when I use my computer, I look at the screen, not the case.

Caselabs?