Systemd hate thread

If you unplug your ethernet cable systemd will wait over five minutes for it to be plugged in on boot, so you get irritated and plug it in so Google can receive the ping from your machine.

Just systemd things.

If systemd is so bad how come so many of the major distros have adopted it? I don't get it.

what has systemd improved? it's created issues for server admins everywhere for seemingly zero reason beyond some stupid desktop-user shit.

I wrote this post on a systemd Debian desktop.

>not posting his wangblows screenshot while he spreads fud against free software and openly admit his low level shilling job.
If it's not right, then install gentoo.

That's a DHCP client config issue, not a systemD issue. Fix your config.

They had to kill Debian's founder to get it in.

>what has systemd improved
Creating services.

(((services)))
we had daemons for almost 50 years now user

He worked on solaris after debian.

you mean those unit files? I've found no actual benefit to them over the old init scripts.

Good for you.

>not-a-bug

>Good for you
are you fucking Poettering himself?

not-a-bug. Mods lock this thread

>i don't know how you figured out to do this
>poettering is such a fag that he doesn't know useradd
this is just fucking sad

>If you unplug your ethernet cable systemd will wait over five minutes for it to be plugged in on boot, so you get irritated and plug it in so Google can receive the ping from your machine.
fake and gay. Here's your (You), buy yourself a systemd manual with it.

Will they ever remove the botnet from systemd?

>make buggy 1/2 million lines of code replacement for init
>LOL Y SO TRIGGERED? CAN'T YOU FIGURE OUT THIS MOVING TARGET WHICH I JUST CHANGED?
this is literally how systemd proponents act, it's insane

I'm noticing this trend on Sup Forums where mongoloids who don't understand how their system works blame things on systemd.
If you aren't going to bother learning how to do networking in Linux then be a good little goy and let the damn software handle things for you. Avahi was literally made specifically for idiots like yourself, OP.

>If you unplug your ethernet cable systemd will wait over five minutes for it to be plugged in on boot, so you get irritated and plug it in so Google can receive the ping from your machine.
Never happened to me.

>don't understand
It's more about objecting to changing everything so phablets can boot faster.

systemd is fast and comes with all the tools you need. Why does everyone get their panties in a twist over it?

>Murdock
it's something hardcore about his last name

systemd has nothing to do with networking you retard

Because pottering touched me in my no no repo

I'm using systemd for a server and it is working perfectly.

Nothing will ever be removed from systemd, only added.

>he doesn't know

>works perfectly
yeah, except for the times it doesn't, which used to be way more of a common issue and you'd have to write your own unit files.

What _benefits_? We've put up with broken packages, security issues and ongoing concerns over privacy/monolithic services (make NTP part of systemd, fallbacking to unconfigured DNS query (fucking _google_ of all places).

So why did we put up with this shit? Because some PulseAudio jerk was annoyed that users couldn't hot-plug a microphone into their hotplugged 360 controller and automatically get GNOME to display a prompt.

It comes with too much and it's too invasive. I'm ok using both OpenRC and runit. runit is even faster than systemd I have all the tools I need. Why should I want a monstrosity with 400k lines of C code instead?
systemd is utterly useless to regular users

>systemd is utterly useless to regular users
>Regular users

If retards didn't go to Linux before getting basic education then systemd would not had been created to assist retards automatically.

Why don't people just make a better and more different init system?

Even better, make it some kind of easily installed and preconfigured package so that people who want to just rip systemd out and replace it with your version can do it easily without hiccups.

Quit whining about systemd and start coding something better.

>why you don't just try and compete with RedHat
Retard.

Well, why don't you?

Quit being a stupid lazy ass who can only whine and complain about problems he expects other people to fix.

If people can remote code execute then they could implement their own init script and completely jack your server.

Sup Forums Linux users are some of the most bastardised community. Whinge about everything even when they haven't even read basic websites explaining the history of stuff.

If init was so good then why was systemd made and implemented?
Why didn't some make an improvement on init?
>Systemd?

People are just lazy and are resistant to Linux evolution. Literally I have heard so much bitching over Microsoft join open source. What kind of whinging cunts complains about the freedom of the GPL licensing.

There are plenty of systemd replacements available, imbecile.
Try to figure out what is actually happening before posting stupid shit.

Then quit whining about systemd - you said it yourself there's a bunch of replacements available, so there's no problem here.

Just go use the other available replacements instead of throwing a bitch fit

Then quit whining about this threead - there are a bunch of other threads available.

Have you not already notice that the Linux users here are complete retards.

They are the users that fix kernel problems by reinstalling their distro.

If you don't like systemd, either get off your ass and replace it, or shut the fuck up.

systemd is SHIT. Only niggers defend it.

Press F to pay for Linux education

what

Fuck off, Poetering, you're drunk.

Well, it has to ping something to test things. Google is always the default site for that because it's always up and running.

Breaks the whole Unix idiom.

>systemd is SHIT. Only niggers defend it.

>He uses sytemd and seems to not hate it
>Best insult him because he isn't whinging like I am

Why are posting pictures of systemd developers?

Good thing BSD is significantly smaller than Ubuntu LOL.

I got that puppy from Apple's lead designer bio.

That went rogue and double forked.

>muh sysvinit
>muh minimalism

Chicks don't want aliens to fuck them because they are small, useless, and look like they never eat.

>Press F to die from cancer

>security issues
legacy spaghetti units were more of a concern, security wise. The "security" worries are constantly taunted by good-for-nothing detractors, invariably with no evidence.
>privacy/monolithic services
It's not violating your privacy. It is indeed pretty monolithic, but it's, like, its job. systemd is a system and service manager and it solves all the shortcomings of upstart, sysvinit and the like.
>make NTP part of systemd, fallbacking to unconfigured DNS query (fucking _google_ of all places).
red herring, no one is placing google anywhere.
>hot-plug microphone
ultimate shitposting.

>le epic fallback to google dns maymay
Stop using nigger distros like Ubuntu.
That shit is configurable, and requires four conditions before fallback to Google DNS, retard.

It's not problem on my own machines where I use gentoo but on work servers run on redhat so I can't really escape systemd...

Oh yeah. Why are all the people explaing systemd on Youtube saying it has greatly enhanced their productivity with system-administration?
But I agree with you on this: if systemd is an init system, then it should do just that: INIT the fucking system.

I dont have any problems with systemd.
I wish that Lennart and his friends make a stable and developing branches, to guarantee less issues.
And I would like they had at least 10 developers writting documentation (but thats an endemic problem in FOSS)

but you don't have a job, user

>And I would like they had at least 10 developers writting documentation (but thats an endemic problem in FOSS)
hold on right there
I've never seen such an extensive documentation like we actually have with systemd.

Links? Would like to view it.

>super complicated thing needs an enormous amount of documentation
>it's still out of date
wew

>things dont need documentation
The state of FOSS

do you really need a link? they are very detailed as well. There's also RH's guide with a step-by-step how-to, freedesktop.org and eventually literally Poettering's site.
>oh snap! the documentation actually exist
>better say it's too much
documentation is never "too much"
>better say it's out of date
it's not out of date as well. And contrary to popular belief, if you peep on IRC for help you'll likely find some nice guy helping you out

Woah so this is the power on systemd fuckbois.

BSD has good documentation, so does 9front.

>come ask lennart about problems on the irc
>he tells you your issue is your fault and that he's already opened and closed a ticket with your issue and it's therefore fixed
>problem solved

that never happened. Mind you, I have all the logs of the systemd channel since forever, so I can check and call you out.

>Mind you, I have all the logs of the systemd channel since forever
HARDCORE SYSTEMD SHILL EXPOSED

!!KEK ALERT!!!

Do you get notification every time someone makes a thread about systemd?
You guys are awfully fast at responding to every single comment.

chicom connection confirmed too

The whole internet is like this now, for at least 5-7 years.

Find some dead forum with no posts in a year or two, register a new account, and post about 9/11 and the shills will come.

I log over 9000 channels, including #openrc e #devuan.
I do it for free.

Is there documentation in tuturial form?
I like the tutorial form, as I seen in GNU Lilypond. When you know how to make basic shit, thnbks to the tutorial, the general manual is useful as fuck.

>I was pretending to be retarded
i see

>the municipality of Linuxkeks

>a monstrosity with 400k lines of C code
>says while using a monstrosity with 15M lines of C code
Get your priorities straight senpai

>People are just lazy and are resistant to Linux evolution.
>better make monolithic point of failure so when it crashes it burns to the ground

>what is start-stop-daemon

which system starts the networking service? correct, the init system! which networking service does it use? correct again, the one it comes with! boy, you sure are smart!

Do you get paid to shitpost non-sequitur comments on a taiwanese forum? I called you out, there's no need to get that defensive for your anonymous shitposting persona. If you ever had an issue, I'd have been able to grep the log and check what's your vaguely referenced issue
Curious, it's always a vaguely referenced issue
>tutorial form, as I seen in GNU Lilypond
Not that I'm aware of, at least not in that form. Still there are a bunch of step-by-step guides. RH's Administration Guide shows the ropes for people who have to deal with unit files immediately. Arch guides are (as usual) excellent.

Why do systemd proponents deliberately mischaracterize people's arguments?

I can't remember a single thread like this where Lennart has admitted that his system is, perhaps, overly complicated, has too many lines of code for its functions, etc.

Truth is, it's a plot to write a whole new OS one stage at a time. The day will approach when the Linux kernel is no longer even needed.

It's probably for the best, the kernel has gotten huge and messy and it'd be impossible even for a large organization to even usefully audit it any more.

Those 15M lines are mostly drivers and even then they allow tens of thousands of different devices to work with the rest of the system.
Meanwhile systemd needs 400k lines of C just to start several daemons in a certain sequence.

it shouldn't be falling back to _anything_, you know what it should do? Not resolve domain names.

DNS queries are a major surveillance risk, valuable and easy to stole/monitor metadata. Tor users get busted via DNS half the time.

its annoying but usually happens only if you dont use their network manager.

the unlimited timers on startup & shutdown are always a systemd issue

Journalctl'ing is pretty useful, and with a proper ecosystem it's much more easy to migrate to other systems. Don't have to learn new shit

because google gives two shits about you / your computer

>default NAME_REGEX for adduser on all Linux platforms is ^[a-z][-a-z0-9]*$
>0day name borks things up
>systemd at fault
wew

Journalctl is pure shit, built for people unable to config *syslog*

Every distro has different restrictions, but those apply to adduser anyway.
You can add a user "the old school way" by editing passwd and bypass the restrictions.
Systemd should just follow the POSIX definition and stop making up arbitrary restrictions because Lennart felt it was a neat idea that one time.

what really burns my ass is when you add an fstab entry and systemd refuses to boot because it can't mount some random disk i unplugged now. what the fuck, systemd? this never used to be a problem unless there was an issue mounting the root volume, which is entirely fucking reasonable

Fucking fake bullshit. What's with all the anti systemd shills?

People dislike shit software.

your fucking fake ya CIAnigger when will you tards learn not everyone is easily rused. Also its getting a little old with the cat pictures. faggot.

>becomes standard overnight
>made some fuck head at RedHat
Makes one wonder how did all that happen so fast,who is behind it?

sounds like a pokemon

*you're
Hahahahahahaha what a fuck tard. I guess systemd shills are pretty dumb.