/spg/ - Smartphone General - Proper Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated - blame /csg/)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:

Xiaomi Releases the Mi A1. Snapdragon 625, 4GB RAM/ 64GB storage, Dual Camera, Stock Android, ~$230 USD
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_a1official_stock_android-news-27119.php

Motorola Moto Z currently going for $400 in US
gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_z_currently_going_for_400_in_us-news-27135.php

Huawei overtakes Apple to become world's second-largest smartphone company
gsmarena.com/huawei_overtakes_apple_to_become_worlds_secondlargest_smartphone_company-news-27139.php

Essential Phone is essentially impossible to repair
gsmarena.com/essential_phone_is_essentially_impossible_to_repair-news-27129.php

Deal: LG G6 is $430 in the US, V20 drops to $393
gsmarena.com/deal_lg_g6_lg_v30-news-27127.php

Meizu has sold more than 200,000 M6 Notes
gsmarena.com/meizu_has_sold_more_than_200000_m6_notes-news-27124.php

Deal: Sony Xperia XZ (US variant) now costs $399
phonearena.com/news/Deal-Sony-Xperia-XZ-Best-Buy-Amazon_id97793

[Deal] Honor 8 for $249.99 ($150-off) at B&H
androidauthority.com/deal-honor-8-for-249-99-150-off-at-bh-798202/

old

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/lenovo_a_plus-8320.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for chinkphone masterrace

So were there any close-up shots of LG V30's subpixels or anything? I keep wondering what's the subpixel layout on it and all I get linked to are articles about non-uniform flat colors and such, which have no information about the subpixels whatsoever. Or guesswork based on their really old devices or TVs.

This may sound like an autistic question and I know perfectly well it is, but still.

Xiaomi SE/5E 4" when?

If only it was 5 inches and 4000 mAh

Posting from my Essential phone right now.

Form wise, this is the best Android phone I've held since the Nexus 4. It feels like an iPhone in terms of build quality.

Camera app is garbage. Finger print reader is excellent. Screen is 10/10 for an LCD. Speakers are average to below average.

Note8 soon

public static void main(String [ ] args)
{
suckAcock();
}

So a Redmi 4 Prime?

>Camera app is garbage
while on the subject, whats a decent camera app these days?

so i already got my refund from amazon when I couldnt find my delivered pacakage but now I found my package in the trash today this morning . i should probably complain so this doesnt happen to anyone else right?

I just want an iphone SE with the 7 intenerals and camera ;---;

does no one make small phones anymore?
this fucking giant-ass phone trend isn't a trend anymore and its killing me

MIUI is trash
>muh pajeet roms

Currently using Moto X Pure Edition, Is the Xperia XA1 good? I'd like a 5 inch phone.

Just wait for a SE refresh.

google camera or open camera are the only choices

>mediakek
>2300 mAh
lol no

Do u know another phone from 4.5-5inch ? I need good camera and screen. Performance shall be about snapdragon 810 like.

Enjoy your 1/10 repairability

You think it's actually gonna come?
Apple seems to have no interest in anything smaller than 4.7", and the SE was stilted featurewise, as it was. They made the SE the "budget" phone, instead of the smaller phone.

>literally having to freeze and then destroy your phone to repair it

All smaller phones are "budget" phones.

how good is the sound on redmeme note 4 compared to lg v20?

>
>All smaller phones are "budget" phones.
Except Sony X* Compact

i bought a cheap used LG phone for app testing. what's the deal with these logcat messages that show up every time i use the touch screen? is it from a pajeet rom? how do i know if i have the stock rom installed?

Why do I keep coming to this general?

How good is Xperia X Compact compared to Nexus 5 and Moto X Pure, I have both but I need something small like Nexus 5 now.

What camera app are you using?
Default camera is okish, OpenCamera is dogshit, SnapCamera is pretty good, moded Google Camera seems to be the best on my device.

CHINKED

Doesn't exist. The Galaxy A3 2017 is the closest that I remember.

How is OpenCamera dogshit?

Might get it, also Z3/Z5 might be an option for me as I'm not an heavy user.

Why do you guys happily get CHINKED?

I bought a Moto G5, did I get chinked?

Gives you the sense of incomplete happiness when you find out your phone is shitted on.
Its the ultimate buyer's guilt thread.

Huawei Nova/Nova 2. very light and slim with dual camera meme.

I uber.
Thoughts on keeping my OP3 charged throughout the 4-5 hours with Spotify, Waze, uber driver apps all running 100%?

it's not gonna be great on your battery but if it's a phone that's always gonna be in the vehicle then I don't see why it matters.

Thanks, Might go for Huawai Nova as It has a snapdragon

Which phone should I buy if I want to avoid the goolag botnet? I'm in the U.S.

I'm considering the OnePlus 5, is it any good or is it shit?

iPhoon obviously

I hate Apple and their shit products.

How's the Xperia x1?

X1A compact

Avoid the botnet! Hahahahahahaha

I took a liking in miui8. Everything i had to install via xposed or custom roms now i have on stock. Before i was on a nexus 5 with clean android. Any bad things i should know about miui?

Any phone can be botnet free (except for itoddler ofc) as long as you wipe and flash a gappless rom
Chinese botnet I would guess

My Lenovo P2 arrived yesterday morning. I used it all day surfing and navigating in the car. Didn't charge it last night. Used it again all morning today. The thing is still at 72% battery. Hahaha wtf how is that even possible?

I searched it and found nothing, you mean XA1?

viper4android. With speakers it's as shit as any other phone. If you are one of those guys who blast their music on the street, please kill yourself.

Notifications are ass in MIUI

Well I'm not ubering 24/7. Side job.
Alternatively, I could just charged it when it gets to 20%. I just didn't want to think about it.

I'm guessing he meant the ZX1 Compact

even a budget xiaomi phone is better than basically every 2+ year old phone

I heard Google camera with the +HDR hack or something of the sort.

TMobiles newest "Uncarrier" announcement is a "free" Netflix account for plans with at least 2 lines. Discounted lines do not qualify so you have to first switch to the full price plans.
:)))))

I want a 4.5 - 5 inch phone with a decent battery that isn't chinese and isn't the ugly Moto G5
budget is 350$. I can wait another month
what do I do?

Well i guess it's something different.
Maybe HBO will side with someone and give free HBO or some garbage.

Use GSMArena's phone finder. You can search by how large you want the phone to be on that site.

Huawai Nova 2, Sony Xperia X (Compact) or Galaxy A3 2017

Lenovo is building some top notch phones. I'm really happy with my Moto Z as well, battery life is extraordinary, considering it only has 2600 mAh.

Is there a way to install Google Camera on any phone? I found an apk but the phone won't install it

Lenovo A Plus? gsmarena.com/lenovo_a_plus-8320.php

The battery is shit but I am sure you can swap it out for a better one.

does it have Nougat? Will they upgrade it Oreo?

According to gsmarena, it can be updated to Android 7.0. Not sure if it will get Oreo, though.

bls resbond

Have you tried the Play store?

What phone?

Looking to buy a redmi note 4 for cheap and flashing lineage 13 on it for xposed. How good/bad is this notion

>read a website about iPhone and general Apple products
>virtually every single article is about laughing at Samsung and grasping at straws to make the iPhone look like the best thing ever
Why are apple fanboys so lame and cringey? I don't even own a Samsung device and this shit is almost painful to read

Why not wait until Lineage updates to Oreo? Or use 14.1?

Moto G5

But nevermind, I've done some researach and apparently it only works on certain CPUs. So thanks for making all these "install google camera on ANY phone!!!!!" articles, motherfuckers

I need xposed for many things, no xposed on nougat yet unfortunately

Ah OK. Then your initial notion doesn't seem so bad, just make sure LOS 13 supports the Redmi Note, which I think it does...

Is this rumored or just wishful thinking? I second it.

No, you're good.

But they don't last.

Galaxy A3.

Is Fast Reboot a meme? I run it every few hours

So I wanma buy a Xiaomi. Its gonna be the 5x or the Mi A1. What are the differences? From where do I buy if I want it shipped to Finland? Are Xiaomi phones even reliable?

Mi A1 comes with stock Android, 5X has Xiaomi's Android skin MIUI.

Galaxy J7

>But they don't last.
yes they do. the hardware won't break on its own and they get plenty of ROM support with either MIUI or lineage os

I'm looking for a tough smart phone with good battery life to use in the EU but also in the US for bonus points. Basically my smart phones doubles as a GPS when hiking. Am happy to sacrifice camera performance. Needs to have SD card support and for more bonus points decent DAC. Budget is up to £250 or whatever that is in USD.

>V30 is rumored to have a $750 MSRP
>but in Europe it will cost €850 (=$1000)

Explain the reports of chinkphones breaking in these threads, then.

Better Option than an 560€ S8?

Concince me not to.

>what is VAT

Nokia 8

Not available.

Country?

France

which is the LG equivalent of a moto g5?

Well, my local allegro has the phone for sale from the official Nokia store but I am in Poland so yeah, probably not gonna work. Also, they charge about 611 Euro for it...

Hey faggots. Guess who got their note 8 today

nice proof :^)

Well I can preorder It from the store but there's only a vague "September 2017" for a release date....
Anyway, how intusive is the S8 (compared with the average android botnet)?
Can Bixby be disabled or is it a joke?

>he has it running at 1080p mode

Guess who doesn't care.

>not wasting battery browsing fourchins at high res

The difference it makes to battery life is miniscule. Only reason it's set at 1080p is because Samsung can't make Touchwiz not lag at 1440p

the difference in power use is negligible. maybe for games it makes sense but even then it's mainly for performance rather than to save battery