SLASHDOT IS DEAD

Every user that posts there is an alt-right edgelord.

by that logic Sup Forums is also dead

It's okay, someone has to balance the sjw-ism from HN.

By your logic 4chen would be dead as well.

Its not dead user. Its just normal low quality.
Just accept it, as it is.

HACKERNEWS IS DEAD

Every user that posts there is a passive-aggressive wanker who advocates censorship every other post.

So what happened?

alt-right aren't edgelords. they are either biggest moralfags on earth.

fucking shitlords have different opinions. that should be illegal

>Every user that posts there is an alt-right edgelord.

So pretty much the same as always, but with libertarian now being called alt-right

It's quite the echo-chamber now. Just as bad as Sup Forums, Sup Forums, /t_d or r/politics.

There's no place to have a real conversation anymore. Into your respective echo chambers, lads.

>there's no place to have a real conversation anymore
wrong. go on the board dedicated to the Wired. just don't mention it by name here.

jp is leftist incarnate

Just as planned, the goyim are falling for the identity politics meme and will soon slaughter each other. They will never know who was pulling the strings all along hehehehe

>Every user that posts there is an alt-right edgelord.
Every mod/admin/editor is a leftist SJW piece of shit. I can't stand new /.

good.

given an internet run by slashdot libertarians & ebin unix wizards, and an internet run by the weirdly authoritarian webfags and project-wrecking activists comprising nearly every other tech community, i know which one i'd pick

>these places that don't kick you out for having a Wrong Opinion are echo-chambers
ok m8

>EU Presidency Calls For Massive Internet Filtering, Leaked Document Shows

but muh European network neutrality

Talking about such things is racist extremism. Delete this post.

Slashdot is pretty grounded to reality. On topics of actual merit like energy generation, climate change, international politics, etc. you'll see healthy debate. On topics like gender and race "equality" you'll find posters pretty much agree that sjw thinking is idiotic, and things like affirmative action just lead to poor hires and resentful employees.

>etc. you'll see healthy debate.
hahahaha
Are you new?
ahahahahhaa
No seriously, its not. Its mostly people doing shallow reddit reposts for upvotes, and a lot of short comments.
What i really hate about Slashdot, is that comment length and insight is getting shorter. You basically have to browse at 2 or good comments won't show up, because it doesn't have enough of a userbase to moderate it anymore.

And I haven't even been browsing Slashdot for that long. Since 2008 something, and it annoys me how the quality has degraded so much, and yet the quality still can go a lot further before the ship has truly sunk.

I was speaking of the type of debate, not the quality. The OP asserts everyone is an alt-right edgelord but that doesn't match the conversation on non-neosocial topics.

Of course few people go to SD anymore so quality will be lacking, and having a points system for thread mode discussion has proven to be cancerous in general. I don't particularly like SD, but the OP claim is unfounded.

>And I haven't even been browsing Slashdot for that long. Since 2008 something,
hate to break it to you but 9 years is stupendously long in internet time

still far better than the circlejerk that is HN

>lainchan.jp
No. There's no real talk about anything

No, that's bad you moron.

>There's no place to have a real conversation anymore. Into your respective echo chambers, lads.
>ban all people with any right-wing opinions ranging from libertarian to christian conservative
>wonder why there might be echo chambers

>SLASHDOT
who

>everyone who isn't a buzzfeed journalist is an alt-right edgelord
or movement is getting bigger every day

>scientific racism

hahahhaha

so you've come to the far-right stronghold known as Sup Forums to tell us this?

>not the quality.
Then your words are worth nothing
And you are the faggot that could be OP
Slashdot only works when it has:
1. A large userbase
2. Willingness to write quality posts
3. Even if people are submitting cancer to the firehose, the entire quality behind Slashdot is that every topic will often be about how OP is a fucking faggot, why he is wrong, and then it completely derails

What makes Slashdots degrade so gradual, is how slow it is. So you lose some moderation and some userbase. But without any replies, you also lose the fundation for quality.
And then when somebody posts a shitty bait, there is nobody left that can truly tell us how much of a faggot OP is, and then its just a sour taste of what could have been.
Its basically the same reason Reddit even could build a population base before its population fragmented it: It needs some quality to attract more people

T_d outright tells you it is and to use ask the donald instead for debate and questions. Sup Forums doesn't moderate in favor of the right at all so it's fine too. They're only echo chambers because you don't want to go in, not because they're keeping people out

This. It's not racism if you have legitimate arrangements.

found the trumpcuck

um sweety
Sup Forums is a trump website

The most stupid thread that i ever seen, this is bait, too stupid to be real
SAGE

>sweety
lol what a gay
>inb4 Sup Forums is gay website

I still obsessively check Slashdot several times a day. Things has changed though. The troll site Goatse,cx is now a cryptocurrency.

What are you talking about? Slashdot died like 5 or 6 years ago already.

So that's what it means.

SLASHDOT maybe 1 in 50000 comments begin right even Sup Forums is superior.

>common sense stuff is alt-right
really made me think

>edge.org

control left want make any people don't think like them is nazi.

>/. Comments
>common sense

Pick one etc

No, the vast majority of comments isn't far right (what burgers somehow call "alt" right because it doesn't fit the retarded narrow political spectrum between democrats and republicans).

Can you post some examples?
It all looks like normie stuff.

I'm not gonna dig into it just to find retarded shit but look at almost any featured article. Its like Sup Forums for actual retards, arguing about the dumbest bullshit like if Soros is secretly controlling USA

Are you high?

Are you new?

Im perfectly happy to argue with lefties on lain all day long, but I felt really bad when someone started a thread about something techy and it just turned into politics. so I left because I realized that I was the cancer. I wish you burnouts would do the same.

You don't think George Soros is a subversive and powerful man?

seriously what the fuck happened to that site? I remember visiting it a few years ago and it wasn't even remotely as obnoxious. it's not just the stance of posters but the quality of the posts are so fucking low.

This sadly. We are being forced to choose between ISIS and Asad.