Embedded general /emg/

Hello Sup Forums,

this is an ATtiny13A.
It has 64 bytes of RAM, 1KiB of flash and has a CPU speed of up to 20 MIPS.

What should I do with it? I am out of ideas, but want to do something with that tiny chip.

The microSD is just for illustration purposes.

Also embedded general. What are you working on?

Blinking LED!!!

attiny is not really great for much, because it's got so little pins. i prefer a QFN atmega328p which has a lot more pins and flash space but is the same physical size. only issue is that it's surface mount so it's a little bit more of a hassle to build a board for it.

Can't really do a whole lot with those other than some simple logic. make an alarm for your door with a reed switch or hall effect sensor or something. Also, might want to pick up some ATTiny85s, they're great (as in a lot faster). I use them all the time to make i2c drivers for sensors.

Trying to figure out how to flash pic chips with my buspirate here. I don't want to buy a pic programmer if I don't have to. Those little pics are real appealing if only I could flash the tiny bastards.

We did it!
What now? Maybe should try it in asm? Havent really done that til now tbqh, senpai.

#include
#include

#define F_CPU 9600000

int main() {

DDRB |= (1

>ATTiny85s
I have some of those here. Just bought the attiny13A's last year when there was a "1KiB challenge" on hackaday and someone in the comment section said that they dont have more flash than that. Just didnt came up with any good idea

Let's go!
Yeah, I guess you could try ASM. If you have a shift register I guess you could do something more interesting. Traffic light maybe?

Reverse engineer and emulate the Nintendo CIC chip with it.

>If you have a shift register
yes. got em.
Building a dice rite now. Not sure why, but better than nothing. Would be even cool to build a small SMD version than which could fit into my wallet or shit - Yes, I do play board games sometimes.

Just thinking about making two times 6 leds or a binary display which would only need 4 leds then.

What did you use to record that? Looks nice

canon eos700d + 50mm 1.8f
objective is actually shit for recordings like this, but too lazy to change to the default one

it even glows in the dark! Just like CIA niggers

make a self-modifying ai
make a handheld forth interpreter

Well this is a pretty nice idea!
Maybe will do this with another chip tough to have enough space for a nice display. But I'll note that one down. Thanks!

make it roll for longer for aesthetic purposes

the way i always envisioned it was to have a single 1284p, and to have basically the same form as a graphing calculator, maybe closer to that chip8 console thing.
my problem was always the keys, but i can imagine a lot of use cases, as a type of electronics multitool.
you could probably fit a bunch of external hardware in there too, like a primitive logic analyzer, some stuff to run it as a shitty oscilloscope, etc.
it'd probably be pretty fun to make, too.
if you only have 85s you might be able to PARALLELIZE it, that could be cool.
instruction decoder/dictionary manager -(serial line)> executor -> (dict. man., i/o chip, etc)
the features of the forth dialect could be neat too, multitasking could be done creatively, could let it hand off avr machine code to the chip, stuff like that.
even on a 1284p i doubt you'd have enough memory to have real fun with it though, but since it's all in a forth interpreter you could map fake pages and use external memory chips.
hell, maybe even make it a jit.

>the thing it is sitting on can hold 400GB of storage
Why is the ATtiny13A so huge?

Play games on it.

>Why is the ATtiny13A so huge?
because prototyping and hobbyist stuff is a thing, you know?

I still have pic related. We soldered that board in uni together and did a few really basic tasks. Now it just sits in my drawer. Been thinking about building some kind of hat for it with a cool display.
A forth interpreter would be a cool thing. It uses an atmega8

because i could give less of a fuck
if you want a surface mount chip, go right ahead, i'll be over here actually using my superior aryan through-hole chip.

woops. forgot pic

Cool stuff!

>that picture
This is a blue board, user~

>tarduino crap

neck yourself

>avr
>arduino
neck urself my dude
pics are shit and most arm micros have enough complexity that you may as well just do it all in ttl for anything less complicated than an ecu.

T A R D U I N O
A
R
D
U
I
N
O

>an actual interesting thread
>on Sup Forums
damn
keep up the good work, OP