github.com/google/shaderc/blob/master/utils/build.py
github.com/bjin/mpv-prescalers/tree/master/test
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/mpv.conf
mpv.io/manual/master/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Saturday
Really?

I'm not sure. Some user said so in the previous thread. I want to believe!

What is the difference between ravu-r4 and r3 or r2? Is it slower but higher quality the bigger the radius?

>Saturday
no

Before merging I want to at least try and get rid of VK_NV_glsl_shader. I really want to try out github.com/google/shaderc; which my distro doesn't package yet (and I don't feel like working with out-of-tree stuff). A package might be available soon though: github.com/sjnewbury/gentoo-gpu/issues/11

wm4 is also unhappy with the duplication between vo_opengl and vo_vulkan; and vo_vulkan also doesn't support screenshots or ICC profiles yet (which is due in part to me not wanting to copy/paste even more code from vo_opengl to vo_vulkan). Finally, rossy want to try and merge the ANGLE and vulkan swapchain options together.

It also needs way more testing

wow, you got a trip!
>>Saturday
>no
Damn. Why would that user get my hopes up ;_;

Anyway good luck!

The bigger the radius the better quality but worse performance in theory (correct me if i`m wrong). With ravu i suggest you to use ravu r3 smoothtest1 since its the most safe choice.

I meant Saturday in 2019

>It also needs way more testing
can us plebs help?

opengl-backend=dxinterop
profile=placebo-vhq
opengl-shader=~~/shaders/ravu-r3-smoothest1.hook

interpolation
tscale=oversample
video-sync=display-resample

icc-profile-auto
icc-cache-dir=~~/mpv-icc
Which meme shader should I add?

>attention whoring yourself this hard on Sup Forums

>profile=placebo-vhq

It's better to just modify builtin.conf
than pollute my config with a lot of meme garbage.

>github.com/google/shaderc
Neat.

Looked around a bit. Saw all this shit.

github.com/bkaradzic/bgfx/issues/304
github.com/aras-p/glsl-optimizer/issues/92
github.com/aras-p/glsl-optimizer/pull/91
github.com/aras-p/glsl-optimizer/pull/70

In Arch
>aur package itself is gone
aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=shaderc-git
>no libshaderc
aur.archlinux.org/packages/glslc-git/

It seems strange to me that there's a two year old build.py file just floating around in the repo.
github.com/google/shaderc/blob/master/utils/build.py

>ravu-r3-smoothest1.hook
>smoothest

>There's a config for slow computers so you should be fine.
What is it?

vo=xv

kek.

checked

Unfortunately being a C fag in 2017 is pure autism! ;)

Damn! Why?

mpv --log-file=./movie.srt

post ravu-r3-smoothest1.hook cant ifnd it anywhere

answer me

github.com/bjin/mpv-prescalers/tree/master/test

It does not exist user.

R3 vs R4 RAVU?

What happened to mesa bisect user?

I hope he found something. 17.2+ is unplayable for me.

Is there any setting to avoid crackling sounds when playing high quality audio files on linux? converting them to lossy helps but if there's some alternative to reencoding a bunch of videos I'd be happier

best GUI

Can we hope for d3d11 rendering?

>using a video player for audio playback

Shaders are still a problem.

I did mention that they're videos

its a media player

Why is the GUI so shit? I urgently need to replace piece of shit vlc but this gui is just so repulsively minimalistic

actually let me expand on that: the exact copy of the audio track extracted with ffmpeg plays just fine in mpv itself, however the whole video is played with those crackling sounds. does this mean that the problem has to do with the generic heavy load that mpv is put on when having to reproduce the whole file?

mpv is not intended to be a GUI program. The ""GUI"" is just a hack put together with mpv's user scripting language and subtitle renderer. If you need a real GUI, find a libmpv frontend.

appearently playing the video with a generic file with --audio-fle= lossy or not results in clipping, so it looks like it's the video's fault

You can create your own GUI.

I love you rossy.

Teach me pls

Y-you too.

rossy, can you also fix shit performance of open source AMD drivers on Linux? I also love u.

www.google.com

Is that using a glsl to hlsl layer?

I don't understand, what more do you need other than the OSC?

Is there a way to make MPV load subtitles from a subfolder of the respective show? So you dont have to specify a subtitle folder, but the player automatically searches all subfolders of the folder the video file is in for srt/ass files with matching names?

Why installing mpv from source is such a pain in the ass? I just need to create a file which i can use on different computers. Every time it misses some dependencies which cannot be fixed automatically. I followed mpv-build like 10 times so far and always fail in the end.

Is there an "it just werks" install of mpv for Windows 7 that gives it functionality a tech retarded person would find comfy, like looping by default, and this "High quality video output profile" thing in the OP?

echo --enable-static-build >> mpv_options

Because you're on windows

>profile=placebo-vhq
What?

I did that on Linux.
How do i use that? Right after git clone and cd mpv-build?

No. Are you tech retarded or is it for someone else?

yes
On different computer run ldd mpv | grep 'not found'|sort|uniq

It was for me since I'm not tech retarded I think, since, you know, when installing Firefox it says don't choose what to install unless you know what you're doing, and I was disappointed it only offered shortcut toggles.

I downloaded mpv but it didn't seem an install, and I don't believe I saw (or see, looking at it right now) an "mpv.conf" as mentioned in the thread OP. As well, someone a while ago in an sqt thread gave me an mpv + script rec instead of the mpc-hc + ffmpeg I was using to cut, but when I realize mpv doesn't even loop by default, trying to make it do so is basically giving me grey hairs so I've been sitting on an mpv download doing nothing with it.

Also another functionality thing I wanted was opening a new file with an mpv instance open to open with the open instance rather than creating a new one, but at this point I'm asking to not have any understanding of how to do what I want with mpv. If I can get how to make it loop I figure I can do anything else with it... Also I was planning to shower soon and didn't want to speak for myself to leave a conversation hanging. This has been a blog post by me.

>since I'm not tech retarded I think
Can't even put loop-file=yes into a text file.

You have to make input.conf and mpv.conf and put them in C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\mpv. For starting out, use the defaults.
Tinker with it for a while to figure out how everything works, then look up whatever you need in the manual.
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/mpv.conf
mpv.io/manual/master/

>opening a new file with an mpv instance open to open with the open instance rather than creating a new one
I don't think this is possible on Windows, there's a script called umpv that does that, but only for Linux.

>looping by default
Wouldn't normal people be freaked out by that?It seems like a feature that's only used in special cases (like watching webms I guess).

Just tried that and got another error ive never get before. Something something about ffmpeg being low version or that it doesnt exist. Sigh...

Mx pro has subtitle convenience

Hey thanks. I'll check those links out, and everything. Also sucks about the thing that was hard for me to word. I guess an mpc-hc install or other video player is necessary for that.

The phrase "High quality video output profile (goes into mpv.conf):" doesn't betray having to create a file or where. With my lack of knowledge of Linux I thought it was Linux-exclusive.

I guess they might, and for the truly tech retarded it would be better for you if they didn't have default looping, especially with each video file opening a new mpv instance, to avoid eating ram.

I just "updated" my MPV to the most recent version from one that was compiled in 2015 and the framesync was gone and the UI was fucking atrocious. I'm on the 2015 one again. The fuck did they do to fuck this up?

Pic related just werks while the 2017 build was shit.

>that everything

there's a way to restore that UI on the new versions

You can just use shinchiro's build there's a installer and a configure-opengl-hq.bat that will create mpv.conf for you.

Setting names and layout changed. Your old config does jack shit for newer versions

Maximum unbloating. Wanna fight about it?

The only thing I really care about is the framesync. Please spoonfeed me. I'm drunk right now and don't want to think.

>High quality video output profile (goes into mpv.conf):
What? Explain?

profile=opengl-hq
video-sync=display-resample

thanks

script-opts=osc-layout=box

Is there a way I can make video open in the same window when i double click rather than a separate and playing two videos at once?

is it possible to set the minimum window size, or keep the OSC at a certain size?

can somebody elaborate on the differences between
* mplayer
* mpv
* smplayer

afaik smplayer is basically mplayer with added playlist functionality, but how does mpv fit into the picture?

yes on linux, no on windows

it uses a revolutionary recoding algorithm that turns pixelated 180p flvs into crisp 1080p mp4s with very little processing power.
it uses a variant of the quantum fourier transform to extrapolate the missing pixels. think of it as audio time stretch, only with video, and instead of stretching, you enhance the overall quality

MPlayer is a cross-platform media player
mplayer2 is a fork of MPlayer
mpv is a fork of mplayer2

SMPlayer is a front-end for MPlayer. It can sort-of be used with mpv, but it's still designed for MPlayer primarily.

Ok, this is the last straw, fuck windows, installing debian

>installing debian

explain for a noob

>mplayer is an old school media player. It was gplv2 and I don't think it's maintained anymore.
>mplayer2 is a gplv3 fork of mplayer that added a bunch of features. I don't think this one is maintained anymore either.
>mpv is a fork of mplayer2 (there's a git issue about re-licensing as well) that is currently maintained and has very fast development.

>smplayer was a frontend for mplayer but is now a frontend for mpv.
>smplayer2 used to be a frontend for mplayer2 back in the day (before smplayer switched to mpv).

tl;dr: MPV is the current iteration of all of the Mplayer versions. It has several frontends including smplayer. It also has several "forks" that are essentially other media players built on top of libmpv (effectively still using mpv as a backend).

mplayer was hard for devs to work on and accumulated so much legacy code and crust and never get rid of them. mplayer2 and eventually mpv was created out of desire to make the code more clean, and add modern features like better rendering techniques, user configurable shaders etc. There is still existing mplayer code but since 2013 much of the underlaying in mpv code has been changed and recent effort to relicense it to lgpl will also cause further changes.

install gentoo

good day to you too

>debian
holy shit you fucked up already

stick to windows

No source ringing artefacts remover?
Why? Is it that retarded for you?

b-but why?

thx

why don't you suck a doodle?

autofit=1280x720
script-opts=osc-vidscale=no

Use ffmpeg's pp dering filter

vf=pp=dering

Vapoursynth have also some dering scripts

thanks

Debian is the worst fucking meme distro that exists. Debian these days is even more broken than mint, and that's quite an accomplishment. When they aren't busy uploading broken packages and developing a package manager that thinks “attempt to remove half the system when typing apt upgrade” should be an everyday occurrence, they spend their time policing pronoun usage and removing “problematic” individuals from their team. Debian's service management is broken garbage due to the usage of flaky shell bridges and desperately trying to glue together sysvinit and systemd into an unholy abomination that has the advantages of either and problems of both, they routinely patch out “broken build!” warnings from programs like mpv instead of actually fixing the packaging problems, and their "stable" versions are so laughably outdated anyway it's a miracle you can even boot debian on hardware from the current decade.

what distro would you suggest apart gentoo and arch