Piece of shit thinkpad

I told my mom to get me a thinkpad for my birthday but the stupid bitch got me a refurbished one and the battery won't even last for 2 hours.

can anyone tell me how to fix it because im about to throw it at the fucking wall.

install gentoo

install gentoo

>I told my mom to get me a thinkpad for my birthday but the stupid bitch got me a refurbished one and the battery won't even last for 2 hours.
exemplary banter

70++ battery

this is serious if you guys are going to joke around don't even bother replying at all

install gentoo

You purchase a new battery.

Also, you WANT a refurbished one. A new one costs like 2 grand and isn't as good as the older ones.

Buy a new one, idiot

>got me a refurbished one and the battery won't even last for 2 hours.
Oh user, that sounds like a new ThinkPad to me. Refurbished ones don't even last an hour.

Also,
>2017
>still falling for the ChinkPad meme
kek'd

I own a t470 and it's far better than t420

Get a fucking job you worthless NEET leach and stop bitching about the things your betters get for you. Beggars can't be choosers.

In what way is it better?

how much is a new battery? She said she's never buying me anything ever again but if its cheap she might do it

Depends on the model. Shouldn't be more than 30 bucks.

Oh, and how about you stop acting like an entitled little shit?

what a worthless piece of shit you are - no wonder she doesn't want to buy you anything, you're not worth anything to her or anyone else with that kind of attitude.

You realize that the majority of people on this board spent 80-300 bucks on refurbished Thinkpads so that they could upgrade and customize it.

Do you even know why we recommend thinkpads and elitebooks? It's because they are incredibly modular, and built to last.

And here you are, upset that mommy didn't buy you a new one. You've gotta be underage. I refuse to believe an adult would be anything like you.

how bout you shut the fuck up and tell me how to fix it

It just werks

People already told you how to fix it, dumbass.

No wonder you have to rely on mommy buying you shit. You don't have enough brains to make it worth putting up with your shitty attitude.

thread jack with battery related question

i have a thinkpad i want to update the bios with but it needs a battery

i just run it off of AC power because the battery is dead

can i jump a circuit with a resistor or something to trick it into thinking the connected battery isnt dead?

i have soldering iron/meters ect
and obviously i know id be at risk in the event of a power outtage but im willing to take the risk to remove my thinkpads whitelist

thread jack with battery related question

i have a thinkpad i want to update the bios with but it needs a battery

i just run it off of AC power because the battery is dead

can i jump a circuit with a resistor or something to trick it into thinking the connected battery isnt dead?

i have soldering iron/meters ect
and obviously i know id be at risk in the event of a power outtage but im willing to take the risk to remove my thinkpads whitelist

>people are falling for this obvious bait thread
the state of Sup Forums

Sup Forums is an 18+ website. You have to graduate school first little Timmy before you can hang out with the big boys.

install gentoo

omg ur mum is such a bitch

Just buy a couple 18650 and replace your battery cells. Your mum is a gorgeous and wise woman but you barely count as a human.

this. you better neck that hoe to show whos boss around these parts.