The phone 7's too slim to fit a headphone jack!

>the phone 7's too slim to fit a headphone jack!
>they'd have to shrink the battery size to fit the jack
>dude in his apartment in chinaland was able to add one to the preexisting iPhone 7
youtu.be/utfbE3_uAMA
Apple fags BTFO
How will they ever recover

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=leFuF-
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

theyll install gentoo

>>the phone 7's too slim to fit a headphone jack!
Whomst are you quoting? Brainlets on Sup Forums who spammed this strawman for months?
Apple never claimed they removed the jack to make the phone thinner.

Dan Riccio did claim that the space the jack took up was fighting them from from fitting camera technologies, processors, and for battery life and that generally removing it allowed them to improve the camera system dramatically.

the headphone jack's still obsolete hardware

HOWS THAT APPLE COCK TASTE SENPAI?

> I CAN'T AFFORD THESE HIGH-END APPLE PHONES, LAPTOPS AND IMACS
> I'VE NEVER EVEN TRIED ONE AT THE STORE LET ALONE USED ONE YET I'M MAD AT THEM
> I'M SEVERELY DEPRESSED AND MAD AT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS
> I'M OUT OF MY AUTISM PILLS TODAY BECAUSE MY ANXIETIES AND MENTAL ILLNESS ARE PREVENTING ME FROM LEAVING MY MOM'S BASEMENT
> I'M NOW SHIFTING ALL THE HATE TOWARDS THINGS I CANNOT HAVE
> I BETTER MAKE ANOTHER THREAD ON AUTISM Sup ForumsENERAL FORUM ABOUT IT SO I CAN FEEL BETTER ABOUT HOW HORRIBLE MY LIFE IS
> I KEEP ON POSTING BULLSHIT MEMES BECAUSE IT'S ALL I CAN DO. JUST LOOK AT THE ARCHIVE AND MD5 OF MY POSTS TO SEE THE LEVEL OF MY ILLNESS
> PS: SOMEONE PLS KILL ME BECAUSE I'M TOO MUCH OF A COWARD TO DO IT MYSELF
> PPS: PLEASE! MY FAMILY IS SICK OF ME AND WANTS ME GONE. JUST HELP ME END IT ALL
the post

>I'M INSECURE AND HAVE TO SPURG OUT AT THINGS THAT ARE RELATIVE FACTS AND NOT OPINIONATED BECAUSE SOMEONE POINTED IT OUT
the post

I can't tell if this is just a asspie rage post or a projected cry for help.

This was never the main argument for the headphone jack.

And reducing structural integrity while occupying space for a port that doesn't affect normies sound quality isn't really top of their priority list. The difference in Pandora sound quality is negligible between Bluetooth, USB C and auxiliary 3.5mm. This isn't a tube interface with 6.3mm connections and a dedicated power supply and noise cancelling rocks. It's a phone. A phone whose specific design is """supposed""" to put aesthetics and convenience over everything.

They skipped the part where it's inconvenient to have multiple adapters for a universal port though.

>6.3mm connections
Confirmed for retard. Size of trs has no bearing on audio fidelity.

Stop spamming your pasta on every thread, brainlet. It wasn't funny the first time.

6.3mm was in reference to the size and durability. As mentioned with structural integrity. Most audio interface a will use 6.3mm, XLR, optical and standard speaker wire. A ghetto rigged 3.5mm drilled into the bottom of an iPhone is undoubtedly going go have quality issues.

You seem to be missing the point here. People aren't talking about his solution as how production iPhones should've shipped.

His solution is how everybody thinks they should have been shipped. There is 1mm of material in the frame because of the jack now. That's an extreme loss of structure. If he drops the phone and it doesn't land flat, there's a good chance that the small little clip of material between the jack and the bezel is going to snap. And likely exacerbate from there.

And again, as with my first comment, the point is that there is no quality difference between the 3 interfaces. You get the same quality audio +- some other ups and downs. The phone is thinner and sports other upgrades now that the jack is gone and nothing of value was lost besides muh convenience of just having headphones. Well news flash buddy, if you bought an iPhone for convenience that was your first mistake

>nothing of value was lost besides muh convenience of just having headphones
>Nothing of value
>Other than native compatibility with virtually every pair of headphones ever
And in terms of 'upgrades' using that space, it's fucking nothing.

Compatibility was not lost. iPhones ship with a USBC to 3.5mm adapter. It's at no cost to the individual to continue along their day.
>Not having the proper equipment means it's incompatible. That's like saying your multibit screwdriver is incompatible for furniture just because you lost/don't have appropriate hex bits.

>Native
user, having an annoying dongle in addition to your headphones as a deliberate design decision for a widely used connector is retarded. It will always be retarded. It's retarded when Apple do it on their phones. It's retarded when Apple do it on their laptops. It's retarded.

>Not being able to use simple and cheap analogue headphones
>Instead having to use a Bluetooth connection that is unreliable plus the need to charge you headphones

>Convenience

Please, just admit that you are an Apple shill

>being this new
Hello /r/eddit

You don't like change and neither do it. I'm not saying the 3.5mm is deprecated. It's wildly used and for the most part, there are no benefits to switching. But Apple doesn't want it and wants to shift to a new way of connecting shit to other shit. It's within their right to do so and that's how many other things became standard today. Like how new DVR boxes only come with HDMI and no more RCA even though many people still use it. Oh well says "the man."

I specifically said iPhones were inconvenient you illiterate fuck. Why are you buying 1000$ handsets and only buying 12$ earbuds. Are you retarded? That's your fault homie. Don't buy cheap shit that is advertised to work by magic through the air. Bluetooth is an expensive technology that can be produced cheaply. Adverse results are expected. Buy a 60$ set of Bluetooth headphones and don't go too far from your phone, I promise the word unreliable won't be in the question unless the brand is notorious for being bad.

Stop pls.
t. iPhone and MBP user who isn't delusional about his purchases

>The difference in Pandora sound quality is negligible between Bluetooth, USB C and auxiliary 3.5mm.
He essemtially integrated the apple dongle into the phone. All he did was streamline it and make it functional integrally. The audio quality he added is no different than what apple supplied.

The point is, is that apple has hardly a valid excuse of eliminating the jack other than trying to push their own stuff since they aren't pushing USB C headphones or any bluetooth solution other than Beats.
Other side point is that the phone, being the its size and with the components it currently has, there's plenty of space for them to integrate their dongle DAC into the device taking up no extra room, without compromising anything like battery capacity or cameras, or structural integrity since if it can fit as is, they could tweak the design to fit properly.

Except that's bullshit, we knew since launch and the first teardown that all they did was remove the jack and slap a plastic filler in its place, and in fact this video further confirmed that.

>USB C to 3.5mm adapter
you mean lightning to 3.5mm adapter, meaning that the adapter is only used for the phone itself. And since the adapter IS the DAC itself, it's not easy to replace if lost or damaged (given apple's excellent record of high quality cables) and the quality of the audio is directly defined by the proprietary dongle that'd be only used for the single device, meaning it'd be charged at a premium.

So no, it's not just a simple adapter in the box.
It's an entire fucking DAC proprietary to the iphone since ipods, ipads, and macbooks have no use for it or can't use it at all.

Yeup, but apple shills and apple themselves defend their claims with this.

> "Added a headphone jack"

Destroyed half a dozen phones trying to squeeze a lightning/headphone adapter into the phone by removing other essential parts...

Eventually did, but it's literally just the adapter inside the phone, and you can't charge and play music at the same time.

Also "built his own iPhone"... by purchasing used iPhone parts and re assembling them back into a phone.

Dumb channel is dumb. U2 inspirational music is also dumb.

I never defend it, but I seriously don't listen to music. Ever. So I don't feel a need to defend it.

>removing essential parts
a piece of plastic that's a barometer funnel that no other phone with a barometer somehow needs
and the whole thing's mostly a proof of concept and a "because I can" thing, not a practical solution for the every man, but it does prove that the iphone DOES have room for a headphone jack without compromising the processor, battery, or camera.

and technically, he did "build an iphone" just as a person on Sup Forums would "build their own PC"
he got the parts and he put them together.

Why make the phone so thin in the first place? I would prefer a thicker phone with 10 hours of screen on time than a fucking paper thin phone with 3 hours of screen on time.

Repost from reddit cus retards at Sup Forums think its this simple

>You can't charge and use it at the same time due to challenges with the lightning framework.
It pushes against the underside of the screen that makes him worried about carrying it around.
He had to remove a bunch of EM shielding, no idea what impact it has on reception, longevity.
it sits against the battery preventing it expanding when it gets old or hot.

There's no excuse memeboi, enjoy your shitty dongle.

>extreme loss of structure
they could've built it into the frame if they considered making the device with the jack.
It's possible to have a phone that thin and be structurally sound. Just look at the moto z/z2 play, it's 1 whole mm thinner and still has a headphone jack while being structurally sound.

that was posted by the guy that did the video

he replied to questions on reddit.

lol is Sup Forums this stupid?

apple never said it's impossible they just wanted the space back for other things like haptic engine increased in size

this is like the idiots who keep complaining about thin phones like if it's 1mm thicker you can fit 1500mAh more battery and a headphone jack even though none of the components are stacked

the headphone jack doesn't go below the screen....

>guys first video
>literally buys parts in china then assembles the iphone as a whole
>BUILT MY OWN IPHONE
>Sup Forums likes him now because he fucked a phone to get a headphone jack in

youtube.com/watch?v=leFuF-

the 1mm thicker claim does mean they could potentially fit a fatter battery.

And seeing how the external dimensions, screen size, and screen position of the 7 didn't change from the 6s, they could've fit a headphone jack there if they designed one to go there. They did it once, they could do it again.
The internal space loss and it being so close to the screen was likely because he was using parts bin parts rather than parts engineered to fit into the device.

wtf

It's not thinner you fucking morons. Last time iPhone got thinner was 2014

>fatter battery

yeah what 150mAh?

This, if anything, the newer version is thicker.

Apple never said that. It's just the retarded isheep. Also they claim it improves water-proofing. The reality is there's nothing better than 3.5. The alternatives are "not worse" at best(2.5), and usually just worse(Bluetooth).

TechRax did it quite a long time ago.

I think the point being made is that if a dude fucking around in China can do it, Apple has no excuse beyond not wanting to do it.

I cant believe people still dont get why audio jack is removed.
Apple have its wallet service, and want everyone use it. There are on the market devices that allow phone to be used as debit card, and they're connected through audio jack, they're basically an rfid signal receiver/broadcaster. By removing option to use audiojack to transfer data, they remove any competition.

Debunked

The main problem with the dongle is that apple refuse to do warranty work if you use the lightning port if you use it too much. A girl I know had 400 plug ins on her 6s and they wouldn't repair the port as they claimed it was over used.

I'm not sure what android manufacturers will do if you 'overuse' the USBC port.

>The single connector for everything on your phone
>Overused
What the fuck?

What a sad, bland world you must live in.

Why do you even live then.

I think a good explanation for why Apple removed it now even though it COULD fit is because the iPhone 8 will be much more thin and it'd be the 10 year iPhone anniversary. They take the PR hit for removing the jack now, so they don't have bad press for the 8. I think in the Apple mindset that makes sense.

yeah im sure an oem will fix a usb c port breaking with the garbage tiny board in it.

They removed it to fit the thing that vibrates when you press the home button

$15 direct from apple and overnight shipping from australia to new zealand, i could not give two fucks, i cared more about losing my piston 3's than the adapter.

what is stopping them to use the same with a dongle, fag?

it's typical apple

>analog audio is obsolete
>THIS is the level of retardation Apple has normalized in technology discussion

You're fucking retarded if you think audio quality is similar between Blu tooth and 3.5

Can someone tell me what microscope he is buying or a similar one? Those look quite interesting.

So why didn't apple switch to 2.5mm jacks

I'm quite curious since they can go ass backwards at any time

Apple clearly removed it to push their proprietary lightning connector which requires MFI licensing.
t. Apple fag

"Our smartphones are packed with technologies and we all want more. We want bigger brighter displays, larger batteries, stereo speakers, faster processors, we want taptic engines and it’s all fighting for space within that same enclosure. And maintaining an ancient single-purpose, analog big connector doesn’t make sense because that space is at a premium"
-Phil Schiller

"It was holding us back from a number of things we wanted to put into the iPhone,... it was fighting for space with camera technologies and processors and battery life. And frankly, when there’s a better, modern solution available, it’s crazy to keep it around."
-Dan Riccio

Both sum up to "not enough room for technologies" though the amount of space that had seems comparable to the same let in the 6s for said same thing