Sup Forums approved domain registrar and web host?

Sup Forums approved domain registrar and web host?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/u7yFCqOAb9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=BqnFnWSYzaQ
andrewanglinblog.wordpress.com/2017/09/05/gab-next-on-the-chopping-block-for-domain-theft/
zensurfrei.com/
bellard.org/
domcomp.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go Daddy

Really? youtu.be/u7yFCqOAb9Y

I don't need a UI to build websites, I just want constant uptime and speed.

FlokiNET.

Namecheap has the best prices.

>Registrar
The one in OP, nice helpdesk guys (which is surprising for french people) but I dislike their new web UI
>Host
DO. Comfy, just werks.

Okay so gandi for domains,

>DO. Comfy, just werks.
DO? Is that what they're called? Jewoogle doesn't show anything.

it doesnt matter who you get the domain from, whatever's the cheapest is the best

>DO? Is that what they're called? Jewoogle doesn't show anything.

digital ocean

Fuck, this looks litty; will use them for hosting.

>web host
Your computer running gentoo.

I shutdown my computer multiple times a day, it is running arch but no; you're retarded

>nice helpdesk guys (which is surprising for french people)

youtube.com/watch?v=BqnFnWSYzaQ

Get one that doesn't kick people for "inappropriate" content.

This means no Godaddy, no Namecheap, no Google, no Dreamhost, ...
andrewanglinblog.wordpress.com/2017/09/05/gab-next-on-the-chopping-block-for-domain-theft/

Lots of RAM and dedicated CPU for cheap price: buyvm.net

Cheap OpenVZ with good performance: ramnode.com

Domains: OVH.com or whereever it's cheaper

Just buy some shitbox, or use a computer made out of old parts, and leave it running 24/7.

Go OVH for both.
Cheap domains and reliable web host.

For students: check out github student pack, $50 Digitalocean credit (~10 months hosting) + namecheap domain + other free stuff.

boo fuckin hoo

How the fuck is that cheaper or easier than paying for web hosting?

Will do, but why are they so nice? What's their endgame?

He's making a very valid point tough guy.

I mean, would it be better than gandi + digital ocean?

Additionally, gmail without paying for G-suite, is that possible?

>How the fuck is that cheaper or easier than paying for web hosting?
Normally, it's free, because you would use parts that you already own, or are insanely cheap.

>Normally, it's free, because you would use parts that you already own, or are insanely cheap.
I own some of old computer from the 00s, but it would suck ass

also:
>power isnt cheap here, and blackouts are a thing
>I doubt my isp would like that, i have a 200Gb cap

Why wouldn't I take the /comfy/ option?

>but it would suck ass
Nobody but you is probably going to use it anyway, so it doesn't matter if it's shit.
>blackouts
>data caps
What kind of post-apocalyptic shithole do you live in? You need to get the hell out of there.

>What kind of post-apocalyptic shithole do you live in? You need to get the hell out of there.
rural australia

>Nobody but you is probably going to use it anyway, so it doesn't matter if it's shit.
I agree, it's only me using it but even if that's the case why would I invest any time into setting up my own server just for autism's sake? Despite what you think, paying a company to handle that shit would be cheaper.

>rural australia
Why on earth would you live is Australia?
Australia's internet is a fucking joke compared to New Zealand.
>why would I invest any time into setting up my own server
Having your own hardware is satisfying, and you don't need to place your trust in anybody else.

>What's their endgame?
Probably getting new customers, if you try and like their service as a student, you're likely to use them later and recommend them to others.
Maybe also take over the world and stuff, who knows.

Zensurfrei.

zensurfrei.com/

I use name.com

Its okay,

If you want something that wont shoah you I have no idea what, its a strange time to register your domain name these days.

>Why on earth would you live is Australia?>Australia's internet is a fucking joke compared to New Zealand.
Correct, I will move my family to another country, for more muh mbps

> you don't need to place your trust in anybody else
I trust them more than me, I know nothing about servers.

Sorry, should have specified; looking to host a site of this caliber: bellard.org/ so that's it's quick and constantly up. Also want a cool looking email address.

>mfw bought .edu email for $5

>Sup Forums approved
Only a self-hosted box with libreboot and gentoo and you manufactured the computer parts yourself

And your internet connection is actually your neighbour who prints out websites for you, blacking out parts generated with proprietary Javascript.

>neighbour
you mean stallman...

> domain
porkbun
> host
DO or aws

Namesilo

Otherwise look on domcomp.com

1&1

Is fastcomet just a meme or is it really that much better?

> domcomp.com

Holy moly, this is fantastic, thanks user.

domains:

for full privacy: tonic.to
for a provider that just checks your email address and doesn't really care much: inwx.de (German)

hosting :

really bad quality, their datacenter is a fucking joke and the staff is retarded (I worked there) but they don't check any personal data and don't efficiently log things: hosttech.ch

only plebs need domain names

real men just use the ip and optionally a port

>Namecheap has the best prices.
No they do not. They've become one of the more expensive registrars despite their name and brand.

A lot of people are now recommending Namesilo over Namecheap; I've began transferring my domains from Namecheap -> Namesilo as they come up for renewal and I'm happy with my choice so far.

The one I work for of course

The founder/owner is an elephant killer fucker

So is there a registrar/host that won't shoah you for posting nazi stuff or whatever?

Depending on what country you live in if you use your countries tld you might get some legal protections that you don't get if you get a normal domain.