/innards/ thread?

/innards/ thread?

>buys ATX for a single video card
cringe

>Saying "cringe"
You're the cringeworthy one, reddit-kun.

>kun
cringe

That one flew right over you, didn't it?

This started out as my home server but turned into the machine I do everything on except for vidya gaymes. Screenfetch is out of date.

Ok, then let's talk about why you bought a 750W power supply for about 305W peak consumption.

He did it for the thermals i guess.

That's not even my computer, but a higher-specced PSU will be quieter (perhaps silent) when running, as compared to an "appropriately" sized PSU. if your goal is quietness, it makes sense.
Stop trying to change the subject from you not understanding my joke, though.

I'm early to a thread this time!

Oh, good idea, I'll but a 1080Ti so I can play Starbound at fullHD with the fans not spinning.

dyed the coolant today

spc60?

fun. I hope you flushed and cleaned it.
OEM or just an old shitbox?

yea the aluminum one

yea cleaned it all out then filled with straight distilled water so i could make the gif with the premix

>yes
Great, do you know the exact height? I don't trust spec sheets, and I only have 128mm of clearance for it. I'm afraid it won't be enough.

124.6mm without the spider holder

Holy crap, thank you! See? This is why I don't trust spec sheets, they just say 150 and that's it.

yea as long as you have a pump/res mount ull be fine, they just assume you are going to use this thing

i don't know what OEM means but it is an old shitbox

tbqh I don't care much about mounting, I'd just use hot glue for all I care

>X58
LGA1366bros where you at?

Dark.. So dark..

eh, looks decent enough to me. You can't really get much aesthetic stuff in a shoebox case.
How are temps and acoustics?

Cpu at 100 is about 45c gpu at 100 is about 35-40 ryzen 1600x and 1080fe with hydro kit 2100 oc 5600 mem not too loud cant hear it when you have headphones on or are using speakers

hi there

Wow. I love your little tube.
Care to show your case in the dark?

Got the same deepcool cooler, quite nice to look at. But my temps are quite high on my oc'ed ryzen 1700

This looks like there's a story behind it, what's going on with this?

Noctua fan stands out, yeah, but I don't care about it cuz of windowless case, opted for silence and perfomance.

Homeserver.

From the back to front we have:
TP link switch, ran out of Ethernet and needed more Ethernet.
Fan, hidden behind the switch that cools the onboard GPU.
Ubnt POE, powers the Powerbeam for my internet via WiSP
Sweex and Netgear router, one 2.4 and one 5G both now have external antennas as shown on the pic in this.
120MM fan on front with custom PCB that controls relays to switch, routers and PoE.

Currently running CentOS 6.5 with Plex, DNS, Samba, Apache, SSH and torrenting server.

Its ugly, its slow, but it works.

It's almost a shame that you chose a windowless case, because that actually looks very nice. It feels a bit empty though.
Darkest pic I have. It's actually distractingly bright, but I don't usually keep my room dark.

Yeah, the brightness kills your red hue but that's no deal breaker much. Still sexy user.

Here's the new baby. Need some custom cables though.

sounds like fun, go for it

It's a fucking mess and I just noticed I've been running my GPU on the 4x slot this whole time

>ugly noctua fans
Lmao why are showing it?

ayy

reddit confired

MIni itx and atx are more expensive than atx

No, they aren't, no matter how many times you repeat it, it won't become true. I bought my ASUS Z170i Pro Gaming board for $160 USD without any discount, and it is on par with any other ASUS Z170 motherboard in the same price range.

I'm running a [email protected], 1.2v, and getting like 55c during most loads. I'm not sure what configuration you are using, but it's a small, cheap cooler on par with a dual tower heatsink. It doesn't claim to be a performance king.

any recommendations for uv case lights that connect to molex

>what is cable management
>in a fucking phanteks case
user, I...

not the best picture, but i've never had good luck with guts pics

not the best picture, but i've never had good luck with guts pics

If you can afford it, I'd suggest some custom cables.

>It feels a bit empty though.
I know right. Planned to buy an AIO, the front part of the case screams for it, but now kinda scared pump would die instantly based on tons of reviews. And I'm too poor and illiterate to build a custom loop.

Everybody can afford custom cables, individually braided 30cm power cable extensions are 8-12 USD on aliexpress.

Aliexpress, right.
Nah, I'll keep using my custom braided at 70$.

sup

Hate them all you want, I've been using them for months, and they look excellent.

wtf is that cooler?

Nice fire hazard.

retard

>P5N32-E SLI

>buys an mitx board because m-muh shoebox

>m-muh same performance shoebox
ftfy

Doesn't anything but ATX limit your potential future upgrades?

Limit how?

points for effort, but i hope you get an actual case you moron