Just installed Arch Linux. Do I have to start watching anime now?

Just installed Arch Linux. Do I have to start watching anime now?

yes

Arch Linux and simplicty are antonyms

hahahahahahhahahahahahaaahahahhhahaha!

>Anime website
What are you even doing here?

>that arch-tan

I'm an archfag now

Yes.
But first install gentoo

lol wtf

Set up some automation for package updating and you'll finally be free, so you can go home and be a family man.

>having stuff automatically update and finding everything fucked up

no thanks

Install KDE
>(old habits die hard)

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

wtf are you doing on Sup Forums if you're not watching anime???

>2013

Arch is just a stepping stone.
Install something good instead, like Gentoo, Crux, or Debian

Most people here have grown out of watching anime since they were teens

>Most people here have grown out of watching anime
user...

Shitposting, like myself.

/shitpost

kek'd

And maybe because anime have slower progression pace than mexican soap operas.

or the turkish ones

>debian
It's nowhere near as good as it used to be.

b-but loonix is supposed to be more stable!!!1

only if you don't fuck shit up, either manually or automatically.

I want to sleep with arch-tan while my fiancee watches, tied up in a corner

I love you user.

Not really. Not at all. The wiki explains everything in a clear and concise manner. Just because the methods are not shiny colorful macOS/Fisher Price GUIs like what you're used to, doesn't mean it's not simple.

>Debian
Stop recommending hot garbage to the newbie

Arch linux sucks pottering and red hat dick. They admitted in a mailing list they added systemd to make it easier for the developers, not the users and that simplicty and minimalism was never a design goal for arch linux

simplicity != ease

Minimalism? Sure. Simplicity? No. And yes, I have read the mail you are talking of. While I personally think systemd is overall inferior to other init systems like openRC, I think that the criticism it gets is exaggerated. It has flaws, but it's not as horrible as many people claim it is.

Everything with systemd fits that bill. That's the majority of the GNU/Linux ecosystem. But, well, I'm running Gentoo with opernrc

>arch linux
>simplicity

pick one

Sup Forums is white genocide

Just kill yourself.

If you're not using i3 you might get away with it but I'd be careful

your point is moot

Honestly, Arch isn't all that complicated. I mean for fuck's sake pacman does literally everything for you. Just because you have to run a handful of (automatic at that) commands before you can boot into your system isn't exactly challenging (it's just not Ubuntu either).

Whites are genociding themselves

Take that in, neckbeard

and moot is dead.

This. Anime is dead for me since late 90's, everything is either autistic moeshit or naruto now.