Why was everyone so excited for Windows 95?

Why was everyone so excited for Windows 95?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2owaKucyU1Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because they didn't take pictures of the people who were not excited

wow, that's actually a pretty good answer.

Can I use windows xp today? Anime and some sites only.

please someone photoshop Terry into this

Because it is, to date, the best operating system conceived by the mind of man (i dont count templeos, that was a creation of god qorking through his vessle named terry)

Yes just have to find a media player for XP.

>Why was everyone so excited for Windows 95?
Because they told us the future was going to be better, and we believed them. We were happy.

because GUI and media features , all in all a WAY easier to handle and use OS than DOS

Because autism cult

>made computers more widely usable to normal people and not just the tech literate
>was made during the era where Windows was making constant strides forward and not taking huge steps backward (vista/8.1/10)

What wasn't there to be excited about?

They weren't. It was a forced marketing meme at the time, and no one gave a shit about the fucking Rolling Stones, it was in the same vein as the Gloria Estefan Ballmer freakout.

Because of their commercials.

youtube.com/watch?v=2owaKucyU1Y

Really? I can use VLC for example.

Audible kek

100%, just make sure you're locked down as tightly as possible. Ideally get a hardware firewall and use more uncommon browsers that still support XP.
Hilariously, WannaCry didn't encrypt the hard drive of any XP computer since it would bluescreen when it tried to start.

Are you seriously, or is it a joke?
I've got a very old computer, so I need to use xp. I also like this os.

It was a big deal. It was all over the news all over the world. I member.

It was a big deal because it finally brought a polished looking OS into the PC market, where they had lagged behind apple by 10 years on that front.

hey don't talk shit about Gloria

I love (You)

>Why was everyone so excited for Windows 95?

>they had lagged behind apple by 10 years on that front
Yes, Windows 3.1 lagged so much behind this, the fuck are you even talking about