This thread is for the discussion of NyaaPantsu (pantsu.cat), a free (FOSS) torrent indexer...

This thread is for the discussion of NyaaPantsu (pantsu.cat), a free (FOSS) torrent indexer, and other nyaa alternatives.
The aim of this project is to write a fully featured nyaa.se replacement in golang that anyone will be able to deploy locally or remotely.

FAQ
>pastebin.com/Gq9MrJN5 (embed)

Links
>pastebin.com/40aFT7CN (embed)

>Why is Pantsu down/error 502?
Most likely because the team is deploying changes. Wait for a bit and refresh the page. It should be mostly stable now.

Latest news
>Update soon, featuring the following:
>Tags, anidb/vgmdb/vndb search, indonesian language added
>Toggle dark theme link on footer, more mobile css improvements
>Date search is now from X date to X date instead of X days/months old, possibility of excluding specific user during a search
>"Always logged in" checkbox

General updates on the site
>Miao tried to add ads but changed his mind after facing heavy criticism
>Language flags still not fixed thanks to ES
>Scraper fixed but DB still not cleaned up so there is still a lot of hentai anidex torrents on nyaa
>Boards finally fixed

As for the coming weeks
>Improve scrapers to scrape more sites
>Move db dumps to just nginx to prevent any issues/corruption
>Add in the nyaa.si and anidex scrapers into the main program

Dev live server:
>dev.pantsu.cat

Database dumps:
>nyaa.pantsu.cat/dbdumps

Local Client:
>An user made a local client in case the online sources are down: instructions and download at
>nyanner.net
qBittorrent plugin for Pantsu.
>github.com/4chenz/pantsu-plugin

Development roadmap:
>trello.com/b/gMJBwoRq/nyaa-pantsu-cat-roadmap

NyaaPantsu Status:
>status.pantsu.cat
>Copyrighters wall of shame
transparency.pantsu.cat

Development and discussion channel:
>github.com/NyaaPantsu/nyaa
>#nyaapantsu / #nyaapantsu-dev on Rizon

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/kczjbz.torrent
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is the onion site still working?

Yeah, about that...

scraper down today

EWHAAAAAAAAL

Nyaa: dpzz6tjaqbl3ttba.onion
Sukebei: 34knbgrnvicofdgz.onion

>No link for previous thread...
Idiot...

>go there for the first time
>want to look for something
>page doesn't load
>no error message
>close tab
>mfw

Check btdb.to for which trackers are active, you can also search by filename on btdig.com, since this torrent has the private flag set there might be another one with same contents but without it.
Also, change your passkey.

How does elasticsearch compare to fts4 (sqlite)?

I'm too pleb to know about passkeys. No results on btdig either. I'm guessing bakabt changed their tracker on going private, or they now require passkeys for it to work.

So what's the "99c5633872a10..." part?
Post the torrent here, let me see if I can find anything.

Boatloli bump.

Dunno. Guess it could be a "passkey". I originally snagged this torrent right before they went private. my.mixtape.moe/kczjbz.torrent

Hello,

This is more of a personal message that i want to give out to the community and not an announcement.

Not going to sugarcoat it too much since its unnecessary, but yeah we have been loosing a bit of traffic, our alexa rank has been getting worse, funding is an issue and we had to make a decision about putting ads on nyaapantsu that wasn't taken lightly and was met with lot of anger, and i completely understand your point of view, ads aren't nice and i hate them as well.

I have spent a great deal of stress taking care of actual physical hardware, we had servers suspended, delay's in getting the uplink working (its still WIP), constant pressure to get things to work better, constant downtime from not having powerful enough hardware in the beginning, software bugs, etc, in the short 5 months we have been online that almost feel like centuries now that i look back at all the stress that we had to deal with daily.

But even still, it wasn't all bad and terrible, met lots of great people, it was also fun in a certain way to shop for physical server, lots of people were nice enough to show their support for pantsu every once in a while.
This isn't a goodbye, im not giving up my position as a host and nyaapantsu isn't shutting down, in fact you could say this is just the start of a new era in terms of piracy and anime, its only been 5 months and there will be lots and lots of years to come, even if i eventually do give up my position as the host of nyaapantsu someone will definitely take my place, and thats one of the things that makes us differ from nyaa.se and the others, it won't go down with me if i one day decide to go dark.

We, as the staff and devs of Nyaapantsu, take on the dirty work, we will have serious consequences in the future, but we choose to walk this path, when our time finally comes, we can just disappear, knowing someone else will take our spot and continue the legacy for what i hope will be a very long time.

Just try to get stabile now, so that you wont lose traffic

In the long run pantsu will probably fare better since it's more decentralized. Have you considered adding IPFS indexing?

Yes was thinking of adding ipfs indexing as well in the future.
Some people suggested we use the limewire protocol for decentralization of pantsu but I don't know about that.
Fixed
It's optimized for searching and allows for finer tuning of results.
It's pretty good overall.
We have traffic drops during the weeks then during the weekends it usually picks up.
Maybe the japs just don't fap during the week.

But FTS4 is optimized for searching too, it creates a virtual table and could even be used like elasticsearch to index a separate collection of documents. Does it give good results? How about FTS5?

>godep not glide or vndr
>docker-compose not k8s
>"flag" rather than a proper CLI library

Into the trash it goes!

>serious consequences
Legal consequences?

rewrite it in c then you autist, it's not like the software itself is anything groundbreaking

what's the problem with ads when they're not intrusive or malicious? I white listed pantsu.