>Programmers

Other urls found in this thread:

thedailywtf.com/articles/genderize
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/data-types/bit-transact-sql
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>categorize connectors by gender
>"what if we need more than 2 categories?"

See you in hell

If anything, treating "trans" as a separate gender is disrespectful. Trans people generally want to be seen as the gender they identify as.

I thought gender was a social construct my boi. Trans 'people' are actively harming the feminist movement by identifying skirts and makeup and tits as feminine - undoing a 100 years of work of true feminists.

How did we allow this cancer to latch itself onto our movement bros?

he didn't do anything wrong, this person sounds like a ticking time bomb and you'd be stupid to store gender as a boolean value because "other" and "decline to state" are perfectly valid answers recognized by most people even if you don't believe in all those fake genders.

no they don't mean 'trans' as a gender, they mean that as in nonbinary xe/zer/attack helicopter/super nintendo genders.

Right exactly. Technical considerations is legitimate, as they are in most cases. The fact that he couldn't even keep his political views to himself during the interview really demonstrates a lack of social skill at all - meaning he's going to be worked around constantly which is a no-go for the team.

The straw man is right you know

Think of it this way.
If this person went out of his way to describe his implementation to account for every gender, and he started talking kissing ass about transgenders and how they need more representation or whatever, you wouldn't even consider this to be "political friction" or a "lack of social skills", because you don't actually give a fuck about politics, you only care because has the "wrong" opinion on transgenders, more specifically, he openly expressed wrongthink, and he was denied a job for it.
It's only politics when you don't like it!

>things_that_happened.html
All that's missing is the crying 8-year-old. Why do redditors, twitterfags and neogaf mongs not understand how human interaction works?

You're right; gender in software is ternary: enum { GENDER_NEUTER, GENDER_MALE, GENDER_FEMALE };

The first one is for objects, and people who don't see a reason to disclose.

why so triggered faggot?

Hey user, you know that user registration feed that we pay Bigclient to give to us daily? Well they just changed their schema today. What? No, they didn't tell us beforehand, I just found out. Listen, the point is that we need to store user genders for the following values:
- Male
- Female
- Unknown
- null
- "null"
- RETRY_LATER
- CURRENT_CUSTOMER
This needs to happen ASAP and is top priority, or else we're going to lose thousands of dollars per minute!

those are "coders", learn the difference

Nice trips but no.

Anyone who believes that spouts shit about accepting everyone isn't always going to be viewed as positive to everyone. I'd put money that there would be a few right winged folks who have a lot of money and believe trannys are going to hell - just like that interviewee. I wouldn't want that kind of shit ruining a contract. That shit needs to stay contained elsewhere and stay the fuck out of the workplace.

I just want you to be honest about your motivations, is all.
By denying someone a job for expressing political opinions you dislike, you are literally no better than someone telling you that your (nonexistent) trans sister is going to hell.

Remove my wife Cirno from this autistic post!

Holy fuck I'm illiterate when phone posting.

Except trannies weren't brought up whatsoever until he started sperging about it.
Babe read the post before going on an autistic rant about the alt-right.

But pro-transgender stuff is perfectly ok, right?
I thought this was a political issue?
Oh wait, no it's not!
You just don't want people shitting on trannies!

This is pretty mild compared to the insane shit going on in the valley.

>given a list of people, group them by gender
This was a politically charged question.

We have a personnel database at work that was created in the late 80s.
Gender is stored as a byte. 1 for male, 0 for female.

This is the gayest thing I've read all week. Thanks OP.

Have a lot of money? How is that relevant?

>that shit needs to...
It's ok when it's pro-trans.

No its not ok that was my point. It needs to stay the fuck out of the work place. Work is what is important at work. Realizing a technical limitation is one thing, sperging your opinion that isn't related to the matter at hand is another.

>byte
256 genders ought to be enough for anybody.

It's relevant when it's a potential client that you rub the wrong way. Think user, not everyone wants to do business with protrans shitheads.

That reddit poster would not have reacted the way he did if that same applicant had given an equally violent pro-transgender speech.

The only people making the workplace political is the alt-left. And before you say "but OP", OP's scenario is a strawman, it did not happen.

How's life Damore?

Probably not, but then again, we aren't talking about what he would have done now are we?

I used to think the crossdressing programmer thing was just a joke until I realized most, if not all programmers in SV are a bunch of metrosexual fairies.

Careful user, that sounds like a pretty strong generalization. We just need to be able to slap people around a little more, have them grow a pair.

And you'll realize the employer was fine with it until he started ranting about hell and trannies.

>Reddit

you're a fucking fool if you believe the described scenario actually took place

Why would it be a joke? Autism and trannies are explicitly linked, and programming has a much higher source of male autism.

But are they competent metrosexual fairies?

So none of this really matters and people are upset over nothing? Great, glad we worked that out.

> >Programmers
You meant Codingerz.

The best way, of course, is a regular expression.
thedailywtf.com/articles/genderize

Why is everyone talking like the guy was rejected for failing to account for all 50 genders? The picture states that he was rejected for going on an unsolicited rant about how transfags should be killed. I wouldn't hire this guy for the same reason I wouldn't hire a feminist who starts ranting about workplace sexism mid-interview: nobody needs employees with a giant chip on their shoulder and the capacity to control their emotions comparable to a 4 years old.

This succinctly destroys leftist doublethink and cognitive dissonance

No, that guy would have gotten hired if he went on a "anti-transgender bigots should be killed" rant mid-interview.

It never happened you tards.

Yes, I bet that's what that sperglord told himself when they never called him back. Jesus fuck, this place is swarming with the maladaptive.

Keep in mind that this is the situation being presented by a pretty obviously biased "observer".

If you could watch a video of that rant i very, very, very, much doubt it went anything at all like the libcuck is embellishing it to be. In fact, I'd wager it was a pretty well reasoned argument and made no mention at all that anyone should be killed.

Leftists cannot help but lie through their teeth about everything.

>jumps to false conclusions as soon as he sees the word "gender"
>misunderstands the situation because he couldn't be bothered to read the entire thing
>"n-no, i-it didn't happen. i was talking based on my knowledge of what REALLY must have happened!"

This

The question intentionally intentionally presents a problem with two obvious paths (male and female) to see if anyone will account for the unknown paths, nothing to do with 'alternative genders'. If some psychopath walked into an interview and got triggered by the question for whatever reason, I wouldn't hire them either.

What false conclusion do you think I jumped to?

OPs story blatantly never happened. It's poorly written fiction.

>I'd wager it was a pretty well reasoned argument and made no mention at all that anyone should be killed.
Realistically, it was probably neither of those things. Doesn't matter one way or the other. People who plug their political opinions into everything have the emotional control of a 4 year old and should be avoided. As I said, if anything, it reminds me of the way leftists act.

Perhaps I mistook you for another poster.

pretentious drivel that says nothing of a candidate's technical abilities

Meh
Having only two gender options saves on space.

Use a Bit
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/data-types/bit-transact-sql

The question intentionally presents a social-justice issue with a predetermined solution "duh! of COURSE there's more than two genders!!!!"

If I were making the question to determine outside of the box thinking, I'd have been smart enough to consider the implications of this gender bullshit in the first place and avoided asking it.

But the guy asked an obviously politically loaded question, for two reasons:

1. To bait an idiot rethuglican into sperging out about it
2. To find out which of the people involved share his double-plus goodthink so he can hire the "right" kind of people

A psychopath wouldn't be triggered by this question. A psychopath could answer it with a smile on his face.

Bingo.

>The question intentionally presents a social-justice issue
>the guy asked an obviously politically loaded question
>"Given a list of people, group them by gender"
If that sounds inherently contentious and political to you, you are probably a turbo-sperg yourself.

>To bait an idiot rethuglican into sperging out about it
>To find out which of the people involved share his double-plus goodthink so he can hire the "right" kind of people
That may or may not be the case, but it's still hilarious to see people siding with the "rethuglican" in this story just because it triggers their SJW PSTD.

>This was a politically charged question.
Having a penis or not is politically charged now apparently. The interviewer is clearly not the one making it political.

yes?
gender is political now

or maybe it's liberal double standards where they can opine all day until a right leaning individual says something then it's wrong thing that is dangerous and needs to contained/limited. we know your marixist alinksy ways

>or maybe it's liberal double standards
>we know your marixist alinksy ways
Thanks for illustrating my point. Asking subtly political question should be standard procedure to filter autists like you. I'm telling you this is a far-right racist fascist literally-Hitler Nazi: I wouldn't want your shit in my company just like I don't want feminism and social justice.

Nice massive spergout.
Better re-read your post before clicking Submit.

What companies reject feminist and SJW? Its a race to see who can hire more incompetent fuck ups if anything.

All the while russia and china are laughing their asses off and staffing their companies with competent white (or asian) men

Christ the writing is on the wall. How much longer is this farce going to continue?

im sure that really happened.

>What companies reject feminist and SJW?
I don't know and I don't care. The fact that companies run by SJWs are happy to hire leftist spergs doesn't really change the fact that hiring spergs who bring politics into everything is bad for business in general. This is especially true with right-wing spergs (who can and will damage your company's reputation in a very real way), but also true with leftist spergs that keep generating internet backlash (see YouTube for recent examples).

I don't bring politics into work unless someone else does and even then I will tread lightly.

Whenever politics comes up I claim I'm a Muslim.

>unless someone else does
I don't consider "group people by gender" to be inherently political. If you don't, either, then what are we in disagreement about?

because it's a liberal dog whistle and you deny that

It's a right-wing sperg dog whistle that should be used to filter people like you. Normal people can just take it at face value.