Tech gore

Delivering fresh gore.

>: tombstone resistor
i hate this

I fail to see the problem.

>when you don't optoisolate and it all goes wrong

What's the problem?

Don't ever not use axial lead resistors. Problem solved. 100% of the time.

>thru hole

oh god, you reminded me. when I had a ps2 in high school my dad bought me a mod chip and said I could play free games with it, so I just had to get that working. however my dad is a cheap ass and bought one of those chips you have to manually solder on, and my god it was a fucking nightmare! I had taken an electronics class at the time and knew how to solder, but on the ps2 the contact points were so fucking small I could barely see them and they were also like 1/4th the size of the soldering irons tip. anyways, the promise of free games kept me going and over 2 days I managed to finally get everything on there, but I made so many mistakes during the process that I didn't even know if it would work anymore. several components got damaged because the iron was so hot, and some contact lines got melted away so I tried to reattach them, then I fucking spread solder across the 'legs' of one of the major chips. it was impossible to remove it because the legs were so narrow and close that any attempt to remove the solder would break off the legs. believe me I tried like 5 times to fix it all up then put it back together to see if it would run and it never did.

next year I bought another used ps2 and tried modding that one and it too met the same fate.

it's funnier you failed twice on the same thing

>actual despair
Having the most expensive electricity in the world isn't fun.
Not in the slightest.

Sounds like you needed better tools like a decent soldering iron and a desoldering wick. Probably some patience too.

t. former retard at soldering

heh. yeah I remember my prom night

Fuck.

Where the hell do you live, Mars?

*short-circuits your board*

I think you have a great excuse to go solar.

>The mechanism behind metal whisker growth is not well understood
The more you don't want to know.

Only 2000 US shekels

I once had a intel heat sink like this but the matted dust had completely filled the spaced between the fins as well.Only found out because my computer kept shutting down whilst I was gaming. I just took the fan off it and sucked all the matted dust out with a hoover. Reduced temps by over 30 degrees and it stopped shutting down.

Same here. Had that old aero cool blower that looked like a jet engine. It was rad as fuck, but I was a retard trying to cool an inferno presshot cpu. The square cooling fins were matted in crap and peeled off in a single piece.

3 4

Ayy, fellow South Australian.

It happens more with lead-free solder.

not this time, kiddo.

Stap

NO

>not spending five minutes modifying a plastic credit card and just hotswapping

This solder is quite a gift from the gods.

you're fault for voting labor festival cuck

As opposed to have it soldered automatically? Every PS2 modchip had to be soldered.

No. Dms4 had a solderless version. Working fine to this day.