CloverOS GNU/Linux

Official homepage: cloveros.ga
Current ISO: cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170907.iso
Git: gitgud.io/cloveros/cloveros
Package count: 3020 cloveros.ga/s/packages.html
Official IRC channel: #cloveros on Rizon
GPG: 78F5 AC55 A120 07F2 2DF9 A28A 78B9 3F76 B8E4 2805
License: WTFPL
Mirrors: useast.cloveros.ga uswest.cloveros.ga fr.cloveros.ga uk.cloveros.ga nl.cloveros.ga
Current CFLAGS: CFLAGS="-Ofast -mmmx -mssse3 -pipe -funroll-loops -flto=8 -floop-block -floop-interchange -floop-strip-mine -ftree-loop-distribution"
Previous threads: warosu.org/g/?task=search2&search_subject=cloveros
Video: a.doko.moe/cngnzh.mp4
CloverOS memes: cloveros.booru.org
Validate ISO:

gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key "78F5 AC55 A120 07F2 2DF9 A28A 78B9 3F76 B8E4 2805"
wget cloveros.ga/s/signatures/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170907.iso.asc
gpg --verify CloverOS-x86_64-20170907.iso.asc CloverOS-x86_64-20170907.iso

Other urls found in this thread:

gitgud.io/cloveros/cloveros/tree/master/home/user
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's the WM? Openbox? post the dotfiles pls
looks comfy

twm, gitgud.io/cloveros/cloveros/tree/master/home/user

>look mom i wrote a boostrapper for gentoo and i call it cloveros
>my "user-friends" on four channel will love me

Go make an arch equivalent to CloverOS without systemDick and PulseAudio, then I'll be impressed.

I should figure out how to upload my windowmaker rice for CloverOS.

how's the security of this compared to other distros, arch, mint, debian and ubuntu?

this distro is a meme

With any OS, just don't be stupid and install retarded shit.
define "meme"

>With any OS, just don't be stupid and install retarded shit.
does this apply to the big dick of CIA/NSA/GCHQ/SVR?

>An image, video, piece of text, etc., typically humorous in nature, that is copied and spread rapidly by Internet users, often with slight variations.

I assume you understand that no matter how secure you try to set your computer at, some NSA blackhat is going to find his way in. It all comes down to how well you can delay the inevitable.
Normalfags really butchered that word. It no longer represents the original meaning anymore.

>I assume you understand that no matter how secure you try to set your computer at, some NSA blackhat is going to find his way in. It all comes down to how well you can delay the inevitable.
top lel

there's a reason the NSA is really butthurt about tails OS and the likes.
hackers are not omnipotent

Might try it. Think it will run on a POS with gt210, fx6300 and 6 gb of ram? Been having trouble running most distros due to the motherboard and gpu.

They aren't, but that shouldn't mean you ignore common sense and make yourself a target for hackers that do exist.
Try the liveCD to see it will run.

>They aren't, but that shouldn't mean you ignore common sense and make yourself a target for hackers that do exist.
exactly why i'm using every security measure that i know of, what's your point?

Getting the "can't open X display" error when trying to open the live iso

Are you using that POS machine? Not sure if X can support it.

Nope. I'm on a decent desktop PC, using virtual box. I have another gentoo and a two arch installtions on there that work just fine.

Can I install CloverOS using script from cloveros.ga?

Yes, but if your internet connection dies, the entire thing falls apart

i'm understand. what do you think about installing in VirtualBox with this script.

Might as well use the LiveCD instead

tnx

I don't know how I feel about that chin

does the ui look like this out of the box?

feel free to modify as you please

no i want it that way but only if it's like that out of the box

yes it is

when will cloveros start work on a new window system, or at least a new X implementation?

I'll do the logo

Is there a different window system available aside from X?

Of course, there's m$ wangblows' and, lest we forget, mir and wayland (or, wayland clients I suppose, to be precise).
The biggest problem is that since we want programs written for X (old/no longer maintained or even going forward for compat with bigger systems that want to stay with X) to work on whatever alternative we come up with, most people choose to serve alternative X implementations instead (Y, minXwin, tinyX, Xquartz (on OSX), etc.)

Gimp is a pain to draw with. Is Krita any better?

>m$ wangblows
lol

Oh shit, I didn't realize it drew in all the KDE components. Why isn't Krita independent of KDE?

need cirno themed cloverOS papes

bamp

is it just me or is the download for this OS super slow? I've been downloading it for like 2 hours almost. 109KB/second right now

why don't you guys have passwords not display when setting up the OS? even asterisks would be better than plaintext