Laptop thread

Ask all questions and advice concerning laptops here.

Which should I get Sup Forums?

Acer - 17.3" i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM. GTX1060 6G, 256GB SSD + 1TB HD 7200rpm

amazon.com/Acer-Predator-Gaming-GeForce-G5-793-73NZ/dp/B01ND01X1Y/

ASUS - 17.3" GSYNC, i7700HQ, 16GB RAM, GTX1060 6G, 128GB SSD + 1TB 5400 rpm

amazon.com/GL502VM-G-SYNC-Gaming-Laptop-i7-7700HQ/dp/B01MS14CQH/

Give me a cheap craptop with an i7-6500U tier CPU, decent cooling and non-shit design. Bonus points for backlit keyboard

Get a thinkpad

>Gayming laptop
Second one is better just because GSync, first one just have a little bit moar of ssd space and cost more.

Any convertible/2in1 like asus zenbook, inspiron, hp pavilion and lenovo yoga ? Last year model with i7 6th gen are so cheap nowadays there even a clearance sales.

>thinkpad

old dated meme

Cate to elaborate?

Thinkpad T450s

I would pick the Asus just because it doesnt look like shit.

Is Asus ZenBook Pro 2016 any good? I like to keep my laptops for close to 10 years if possible so build quality is important. Just replaced the battery and drive in my current 2010 era laptop running Linux Mint but its too old and slow for Windows which I'm required to use for school programs. Budget is a soft $1000 limit, needs core i5 and 8gb of memory minimum, graphics are unimportant.

This will sound like a meme but try to hold out till next year. Buy a $150 T420 now because Raven Ridge Thinkpads probably won't be much more expensive than the announced amd thinkpads.

My current laptop has an incredibly noisy fan and i'm so sick of it i want my next laptop to be completely fanless, it has to be fucking QUIET.
I'm going to use it only for light browsing and pdf viewing, it should be small since i'm going to carry it around constantly, and

So, I need some advice because I don't know which laptop I should buy.
It's important for me that I have a big display with a high resolution for drawing and a good performance so I can work without any issues and delays.
My comfy budget zone is 500-800€
Please send me websites that ship inside Europe, I would really appreciate.
>I'm a germanfag
>pic not related

Thinkpad X220 or T420

if you need a laptop for gayming acer will be better, this years statistics also show that acer is on general less likely to break (altough i cant wrap my head around this) than asus. Gsync only eliminates input lag , which you can avoid by not using vsync, so if you hate tearing take the asus.

I have a $900 credit towards a Best Buy laptop and am unsure what to get.

Simple requirements, 13", SSD, no real need for any power. I just want it quiet and cool and not a total piece of shit so maybe it'll last me a few years.

Should I be looking at these? 2-in-1 is a new gimmick to me and anything mechanically different like that seems fragile and just another way for the thing to break.

>all these gayming laptops
just get a pc and a cheap thinkpad

I hear ya but I'm looking to buy this year soon because component costs are increasing and also just in case Drumpf starts a trade war and skyrockets the price of electronics

built my own development tower, $500cad
got a refurbed thinkpad with warranty $350

spent way too much on the chinkpad but got it from a local shop that i got my tower parts from.

i like to support the local economy

anyone?

They dont seem fanless though

I just got an Acer Aspire E15 for $350. I really like it. 1080P and great battery life. For some reason I still want a thinkpad even though I tried out some that I didn't like.

Then look into a T470p. Might be a bit over your budget but the HQ processor is more future proof than the ULV processors.

Acer or Asus?

what's the cheapest gaming laptop
i dont care about noisy fans and how it looks only thing i want is games i wanna run most games from 2015 at minimal settings

Pretty quiet though

Where do I buy laptops from (in europe)?
How do I choose a good laptop?
What are common pitfalls?

bump

don't you have Amazon

I assumed amazon would have shit and overpriced laptops

I'd recommend the Alienware 17R4. After owning it now for about 5 months I can easily say it's one of the best laptops I've ever used. It isn't styled with red shit everywhere and it performs really fucking well. Also it stays really cool under full load surprisingly.

>gaymer latop, anda n Alienware one at that

lamo

The OP posted gaming laptops, so I assumed that's what he was looking for.

Asus and Dell

Asus has better build quality

Is the dell XPS 15 a meme? I like the design and it seems like a nice powerful machine, but I read online that the quality control seems poor.
People complaining about bad wi fi, noisy fans, screen problems etc
Can anyone confirm?

>Asus

don't they have overheating problems?

Dell on average is the best

My current laptop was quiet too but with time the fan got dirty and noisy, a fanless laptop seems like a guarantee of silence forever to me

What would be a good laptop to run AutoCad 2015? Preferably under $800 USD

Have you tried replacing the fan and swapping the paste?

Are ulv cpus fine for 3- 4 years in the future?

>thinkpads are fugly and made of shit materials
>dell laptops have coil whine and the company fell for the carbon fiber meme
>macbooks have no ports
>acer/asus laptops are all fugly shit
Fuck why does it have to be like this?

>Which should I get Sup Forums?
used/refurbished rMBP. stay away from this gaymer shit.

I'm going for Dell Inspiron 15 (7567) with 16GB ram, i7-7700HQ, 512 gb ssd, solid battery life and 4k isp display for 1700$

What weight should I aim for in a computer I will carry around all day ?

I'm in Europe and my budget is 650€, new laptops get priority as I can get a full sales tax deduction.

I was mostly looking at used T540s, and refurbished Elitebooks that come with 6 years of warranty.

I want good build quality, a 1080p IPS display, a decent battery and graphics that can decently run Hitman Blood Money, GTA:SA, CS:GO, etc.

you can get an xps 15 with those specs for 1600 at a microcenter if you've got one local

Where do you find laptops with 6years warranty in europe?

>17.3" laptop

jesus christ user just get a desktop

honestly you are getting ripped the fuck off

I bought an msi with the same specs off ebay for 1000. Unless the market is getting fucked over then i dont recommend those

I meant 6 months...