>Updated MPC-HC to version 1.7.13.112
>Updated LAV Filters to version 0.70.2-67-gb13c3
>Updated MadVR to version 0.92.2

Other urls found in this thread:

mpc-hc.org/2017/07/16/1.7.13-released-and-farewell/
forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146228
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

who says mpc is dead?

Also, what even makes a "good" media player? If it opens fast, has no ui/input lag and plays videos properly is there really anything else you could want? At this point it seems like there's little room left to improve

RIP

it's not like people made up the whole thing you know, it was all about a changelog message a month ago mpc-hc.org/2017/07/16/1.7.13-released-and-farewell/

>codec pack
Hello 2005

mpvfags

> K-lite codec pack
> Implying this is the same as MPC-HC

m*v users s h i l l ultra hard here

madvr rapes my gpu
I can get just as good picture quality with mpv and use less resources

>complaining about mpv shills
>on a literal mpc shilling thread

I don't get what you are trying to say? Maybe I'm just dumb? I don't know

>Updated MPC-HC to version 1.7.13.112

Work even with my 555m

>codec packs
Fucking 2005 called and it wants its joke back.

i have mpc-hc, vlc and mpv on my win10 pc

mpv is the fastest to open and also plays big bdrips over relayd-linked wifi access points better than the other two. It's also faster at seeking and has the best UI for actually watching things. You can probably get similar UI on mpc with some skins but meh

it also just works. Double click a file - it plays. No need for codecpacks madvr dxva directshow whatnot trickery

>At this point it seems like there's little room left to improve

Well, maybe getting a GUI from this century would be a nice improvement

There's literally nothing wrong with MPC-HC's GUI.

It's looks straight out of W95

the volume slider
straight from the 90s

That's why it looks so good compared to flatshit.

And? It's completely functional and doesn't even look out of place in win10.

Does anyone know if it's possible to have a media players overlay instead of madvrs while still using madvr? Madvr overlay pops up way to often and takes time to disappear.
Sorry to ask in here but there tends to be some very knowledgeable people here and it's the only reason I don't want to use it.
Or is there a way to tweak it so it doesn't show up all the time?

>doesn't even look out of place in win10

Oh, I didn't know that you were blind, I'm sorry.

mpv isn't fast if you open a folder with loads of videos when you have the plugin that enables mpv to work as a media player that can load videos in a series like the other media players can.

oh well i don't have or need that but i can imagine it being troublesome

>It's completely functional

Nice dub dubs.

Well I use it and it's mostly because I load series and while I've made mpv portable and as functional as I possible can, it's still lacking the basic features that MPC have, that's why I had to use:
>autoload.lua
>ontop-playback.lua
>pause-when-minimize.lua
>progressbar.lua

While I think it's a problem in the program itself that it can't load files by default and has to rely on a lua plugin that is probably the source of the slow load times.
When I open a single video folder it's fast, but if it's 12+ videos it's pretty slow.
I have no HDDs, only SSDs.

>left
>clear handle indicating it's a control element

>right
>a flat picture
>turns out it's a control element also!

Definitely blends in more than shitshows like qbittorent.
It's uniform, flat and just works. What else do you need?

Use arrows or scroll nigger. Or even better, just adjust that shit at global level.

Is there a way to make VLC not shit the image quality and disable 200% volume, and make it so that if I click on the video it pauses?

has anyone here tried MPC-BE?
it has seekbar preview

They just update lav filters from time to time. No work is done on the player itself.

>download codec pack
>download mpc-hc
>download filters
>download madvr

vs

>download mpv

Just got mpv just so I could confirm what I don't like about it.

With no configuration at all, mpc-hc kicks the fucking shit out of mpv so hard its not funny.

Now let me explain, If I fullscreen it the ui is smaller, it also has contrast so I can easily see what the fuck is happening, because I have a 16:10 monitor shit is see through grey on grey with mpv

But I hate watching shit full screen, I much rather watch maximized window. mpchc now kicks mpv's ass even harder here because the ui does not get in the way at all. while mpv obscures the video.

Now lets see here, on my old computer some videos would not play well, so I would wonder what it's using and if there was a better way to play it back, so with a right click and properties, I get all the info I could ever want about a video... mpv? no? right click is just left click?

I want to go to the menu to configure the keys... I can do that, mpv? no menu and no obvious way to do this?

Ok, lets just make the window a size just large enough that when I need the ui iut does not obscure shit, oh, I can't make the window any size that is not 16:9

ill give mpv that it plays videos maybe 3-7% better than mpvhc last time I did a test comparing vlc, pot, mpchc and mpv but that comes at a cost of less functionality that is user accessible.

vs download svp, get everything pre-configured with a player that has features without having to wade through raging autistic manchildren on /mpv/ for half working solutions because the player is in it's infantile stage.
Can't even load multiple videos without using external scripts, every key is bound incorrectly, mouse wheel isn't working to control the volume and has different keybind names for different OS and ruins the whole reason for sharable config files because of it.

You were supposed to install VLC 64 bit edition, silly

>codec pack

Time to rewatch Jumanji for the first time since it came out.
All I remember is the drum sound and lots of water.

I don't think it stops mpc from working user.

I'm still using winamp 2.95 as my music player.

> I much rather watch maximized window. mpchc now kicks mpv's ass even harder here because the ui does not get in the way at all. while mpv obscures the video.
but why would you want ui to be visible at all when watching a video?

Oh, and I'll do that on MPC:HC without any codec packs, just plain SVP that came with pre-configured MPC:HC so I can enjoy smooth video playback.

>codec pack
Indeed, what year is that...
I should download WinMX and download some video.rm stuff and install quicktime and realplayer

>the sad truth that macfags still has to use quicktime.

Just watch the remake senpai, it's much better

cd to the directory with your files
mpv *.mkv

just werkz

it is literally impossible to set volume to 100% in the right example, while the left you can drag to max

shit design is shit

A remake?
Damn, thanks.
I'll do that, but I'll still watch the first movie, then jump on to the remake.

>using cmd
Nah, I rather double click the first video in the folder and then use pagedown to jump between the files.

Too bad mpv don't know the difference between anime 01.mkv and anime 1.mkv so files that start with 1 and up to 11+ are played as 1, then 10, 11, 12 instead of 1, 2, 3.... 9, 10, 11, 12.

Maybe in 8 years mpv will be good enough to be a suitable replacement for MPC:HC.

After all, like use, just because it's old and not updated, doesn't mean it's bad if it has the features needed for it to work effectively and easy.

Enjoy the remake ;)

Couldn't find any torrent for it sadly.
>YIFY ain't videos, they are visual feces.

MPC-HC with madVR is the best rendering quality of all players and what all the videophiles use

forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146228

I feel bad there are users this stupid

I feel good that there are autists that get triggered by the most miniscule things.

Is that fucking Karen Gillan?
Interest levels now > 0

The functional part is the readable number.
A bar that goes from 0-125, when the control goes to 0-200 is just weird.
I don't see why everyone feel the need to display information with a bar as if it is easier to read.
The worst part is it is very popular for battery displays for some reason.

It's like they can't figure out that the bar slides from left to right to from quiet to loud because it doesn't have numbers.

madvr shits the bed when you move the mpc window from one screen to another

If I update MPC to the latest version will I have to reinstall MADVR and all my filters?

No such problem here, I use extended display and I can even leave in the middle of the two monitors without getting dropped frames.

But does it have subtitle download built-in like mpc-hc?

But it's not even released yet m8

why u need klite u can play everything without klite just install ac3filter thats all u need.

>install VLC
>it just works
>never need to worry about installing codec packs or updates

>5 (You)s
holy shit

LOADING FONTS

Why would you even use anything besides the search bars? Ever heard of hotkeys? If you have a mouse if at least 5 buttons, and why wouldn't you, you can have everything on the mouse.

Same thing with MPC-HC, but the screencaps are not colorspace challenged.

Why do you fucking idiots not use MPC-BE? It's better and more frequently updated.

Just use KCP

>codec packs

because of how things use to crash, I have gotten to the point I don't give anything exclusive full screen because when programs use to crash, they took everything out with them when fullscreened, I know it's not normally a thing anymore, but it still happens and I have a better chance of nothing going wrong if it's not fullscreened.

Its also nice to see how much time is left at a glance when there are movies or videos that feel alot fucking longer then they are.

>no auto replay after end
>no flip x degrees or horizontal-vertical videos
>no anonymous mode
>no step next-back single frame
>no raw video

>MadVR

You can find any movie at any quality online streaming for free in your browser if you just use few engines.

No need for a media player.

my media player is better at straming movies than any browser

You would have to use the browser to find the streams tho so what's the point to waste ~15 - 30 minutes just to watch a movie?

Anything can be argued to be superior to something else but people forget to mention the autistical amount of configurations and time behind setting it up.

I use kodi to find streams though. It's easier and faster to find good streams.

I use my browser for 80% of things I do on my computer and it's efficient and fast, required no setup.. dunno I will never use anything that browser can't do just fine.

cool, but kodi is better at finding the best working streams. I'm also getting better picture quality with a media player that uses my settings.

I just force my GPU settings / driver to override anything anyway.

Your browsing does not use the same upscaling algorithms. it does not have the same color management. and so on and so forth.
It's just not as good as a dedicated media player.

So what's the difference between MPC HC and BE?

BE has some new things like seekbar previews, but it's completely based off HC, it's doubtful that devs know what to do with it now that HC is dead

>MPV
It´s slim and works very well

>MPC
Need Codec Packs but it´s much better at upscaling than MPV

>VLC
If you like bloated software

I use MPV because it handles subtitle very well.

MPC-HC has a volume slider?
I just use the scroll wheel and the OSD tells me the volume%.

Who the fuck manually clicks and drags a volume slider?

>mpv
isn't it a pain in the ass to read the manual whenever you need to change a setting? it's a big time sink honestly. But it's a great player, it's extremely fast and I also found the image quality to be better with OpenGL HQ profile compared to madVR

mpc-hc is not much better at upscaling than mpv. with madvr mpc-hc is about even. You can achieve the same quality but mpv will use less resources.

>having to modify your current volume to know your current volume

> Caring about what the exact volume % is at any given time
> Not just using your ears to determine whether to raise or lower the volume

Do you also take your phone out of your pocket and go into settings to find out the current volume setting before changing it?

>much better at upscaling than MPV
Nice try madshi.

MadVR work on it?

yes

no

maybe

That MPC-HC build was released two weeks ago.