Is this unironically the most beautiful theme ever made?

loonix fags call this the "fisherprice theme", but it sounds an awful lot like jealousy to me.
Back in those days i tended to always use the basic theme, but now when i look back upon the windows XP theme and have matured, I can appreciate i for it's incredible beauty.
It's sort of how when i watched the Darude - Sandstorm music video back in the day it looked cheesy, but now it looks almost retro-futuristic and aesthetic as fuck.

indeed. XP was the best Windows release.

This is the mature version of the XP theme.
Royale master race

I'd always switch to the silver theme but kept Luna. It was comfy.

I like it but I always go back to the classic theme

yes, and thankfully it can still be used

I've been meaning to make an XP theme for my computer but I need to study XP more to get it right. Also, how to get all the icons? I have XP in virtual box but don't know how to mine it for icons. I don't know how to efficiently extract them from the .dll files

>Linux can look like any OS
>Linux users are jealous of OS design, which can be changed on minimal level
Gud one

>babbies who started with windows 8+ are so used to shit that even XP looks good to them
what a time to be alive

no royale is, the update to it that was pretty and shiny

Looks better than Windows 10 desu

what is this xfce theme called?

I made an os x clone not too long ago, found both windows and apple icon sets using google search

> Darude - Sandstorm
>anything other than a meme

thats the wrong way to make a hackintosh buddy

Only best themes

dont call me buddy guy

don't call me guy, bucko.

This. So much this. I know it's probably some kind of nostalgia, but the whole UI theme feels serene and comfy, full of promises of better tomorrow.

I've tried searching but maybe I'm not using the right keywords. also I'm weary of a lot of the sites that offer downloads, they seem very sketchy

indeed. I almost forgot what it was like using a PC with a UI that wasn't an inconsistent clusterfuck

Nah, but that theme from XP media center edition was.

win xp was comfy.

i like the vista theme. the os itself is shit but the theme is nice.

Behold the true masterpiece theme

how
>royale
>not royale noir
Top pleb

Have a (you)

I didn't need it.

>best xp theme

I miss the XP olive theme

>not the wow theme
>best
pssh

>Muhammad Sadeem
spotted the pajeet

Most people hated it, but I like it anyway. Maybe it's juts nostalgia goggles.

>new run
For what purpose? Jesus Christ what a mess of a theme it has curry smeared all over it.

I mean yeah look at the name

jesus christ I can't tpye

These are great, but choosing between Windows 2000 and Windows 98 theme is hard.

>is this unironically the most beautiful theme ever made?
>shows bozo the clown
2. You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

>bunch of nerds talking about aesthetics
sorry fags, but nothing beats macOS in this department

Why is that bottom bar so obnoxiously huge? Look at all that wasted screen space

too fucking flat, looks like shit

Weak.

It was fuck ugly before and so it is now. It's like a much worse mac os x (which was also ugly)

You can have them both in WinXP classic.

I don't find it very pretty, no. Hell, XP's Media Center theme is better.

>royale noir
>Not Zune theme.
Pot and kettle.

i still haven't seen a zune in real life

I think it's ridiculous how there were only three color choices. Out of the three I preferred silver the most, but for performance reasons, I always ended up switching back to the classic theme.

No OP, this is What's up with neo-Sup Forums and millennials whose first os was XP?

Zune THEME, dude.

>being this tasteless

I thought liking the Luna theme was a normie thing, are you fucking serious?

You like a theme that looks like a fucking circus? It gives me eye cancer every time I look at it, the only decent variant was royale noir, or even the silver version was kind of ok.

There is no account for bad taste I guess, even on Sup Forums

>not tiger UI without their unmatched consistency

Watercolor is way better.

MY NIGGA

this

No, Aero is.

>fisherprice theme
sounds about right to me

fisher price theme was ugly as fuck.
Everybody got ridiculed if they didn't switch back to classic theme.

this

>i'm an edgy teenager that want a mean looking, dark and minimalistic solarized theme
>i can't appreciate a bright, comfy and uplifting theme that seeks to brighten the users day

Always had a tacky 2000s Fisher Price look to it.

Grey/classic was much better

you only like it because it's old

This reminds me of the days when there was actually something to be done on PC, like torrenting and watching Lost, playing cs 1.6, browsing unironical forums, chatting with friendly acquaintances on MSN etc.

That's not too bad

back when you were too young to understand that life was meaningless?

Yes, and you are an exception of a 4channer who doesn't think life is meaningless.

Wew. You are so deep and mysterious. I bet you got it all figured out. Eh, bud? Bwt that philosophy 101 class really activated those almonds of yours.

denial is not healthy

>4channer
>>>/reddit/

You are missing the point, bucko. Everyone knows life is "meaningless". The fact that you think this is a revelation betrays your young age. You make your own meaning in life, whether its to be a dad or explore the universe.

yep, I would always use the classic theme while on XP

never was a fan of XP design but old OSX is amazingly comfy. You can find it to be ugly only if you are flat kiddy.

No, thats worse.
>standard photoshop "glossy water" button preset
>ugly grey lines all over the place

>glossy
Yeah, this is not that great
>ugly grey lines all over
It looks cool. Not sure about how comfortable it is to use in a long run but I'm so fed up with the same flatness and minimalism of everything that the feature like this one already makes me excited.

No, that's the glitzy shit they made to sell shiny toys running Tablet PC and Media Center edition.

Same here. I'm not sure if it's just nostalgia goggles, but I remember it being really impressive at the time. I still have some love for it, even though the "look" is really outdated at this point.

Imo the windows 2K and grey UIs have come back into fashion stylistically. Lots of designers are drawing inspiration from traditional skeuomorphic UIs right now.

>Lots of designers are drawing inspiration from traditional skeuomorphic UIs right now.
Work in a design field and know nobody who wants Skeuomorphic UIs to comeback.

Does this count as flat kiddy lol

what theme is the bottom one???

That's BeOS, an experimental operating system from ~2000. It lives on today as the open source Haiku.

I don't know any normal people who used Windows in the 90s/00s who prefer flat designs.

I don't really care about what designers want. I'd care slightly more if they produced anything usable but I feel like usability gets worse every year so their field is probably BS. And no I don't care if 80 IQ people have an easier time if it slows the rest of us down.

Oh, shit. Do you still use xp? I want too, but Sup Forums says that it isn't secure.

I thought Windows 3 was the sweet spot desu

Nah, Clearlooks+Tango is.

>I don't know any normal people who used Windows in the 90s/00s who prefer flat designs.
Define normal.
All modern design guidelines are made by people who used Windows/Macs in 90s/00
>I don't really care about what designers want
Too bad, because a good designer actually wants things which he creates to be as usable and attractive as possible.
>I feel like usability gets worse every year
It doesn't. Just look at MacOS9 screenshot from this post . Bunch of small icons on the bottom of the screen which do not give you any clear information about what they do.

do want this for modern windows!

>posted by nostalgia
/thread

XP theme is great, but it hasn't aged well at all

if I was 12 I'd love it

Thats bullshit. It IS secure. Just don't go downloading darude_sandstorm.mp3.exe

I know Windows 10 is full of spyware and forced updates and an endless list of other horrors, but it looks great with very minor adjustments.

Coming from Windows3.1 and 95/98 era... I fucking hated that bubbly clown theme so much

wow. It looks just like any old windows 10 installation. amazing.

Wow, you made the calculator app dark. Windows 10 truly can look beautiful with the right changes!

Windows 7 Aero was the best looking OS ever made.

Was going to post this

I don't know anyone who liked Aero at the time, disabling it was first on everyone's list of tweaks after a Vista/7 installation. It's visually busy and just gets in your way in real use.

I said "minor adjustments" you faggots. It looks great and you're a bunch of contrarian morons who only care about nostalgia.

*blocks your path*

>fisher price the OS

Would look better with some acrylic

You must only be acquainted with people of a certain homosexual persuasion then.