Windows 10 Search

Do you know that when you press "Search" magnifying glass icon on the task bar on Windows 10 to find an installed program, it starts two separate Search processes, one them immediately allocates 50 megabytes of RAM and consumes a lot of CPU time, constantly accessing HDD at random places.

Why wasting so much resources for a simple index search? That could be solved with a few kilobytes of C code using constant memory and O(log2(N)) time, where N is the number of possible search items.

Windows 10 also loves to start ".NET Runtime Optimization Service" out of the blue, taking a lot of memory, 100% of disk access and 100% of CPU. That process that is "precompiling .NET assemblies in the background" or "basically the program that highjacks your computer (frequently) and turns it into inoperable garbage till its finished"

>I wonder why russia is poor

Windows 10 also has "telemetry" app, that is basically a keyboad logger, logging everything you do and sending it to Microsoft, NSA, Putin and everyone else paying Microsoft for the info. Of course it also wastes a resources, like memory, disk access, CPU and network connection.

sounds like a botnet to me

So Windows is crap, Linux is even worse crap, OSX is too expensive, because you can't get without a MacBook. What is the alternative?

no I didn't know
to be honest I don't even know half the shit on windows installs anymore

when I heard candy crush was reinstalling itself on some machines I wasn't surprised

its like trying to keep track of what spyware is doing

once you installed it its too late

theres countless folders on windows, settings all over the place, roaming folder, user files, 2 program folders, 2 control panels, ui shitfest, cortana not disableable now, ads in start menu, bloatware f2p games

Randos will never know the awesome taste of homemade russian bread.

No carpet attached to the wall. Obviously not Russia.

I was interested to see a w10 discussion but it looks like the cia coopted this thread with anti-russia propaganda.

Many Russians don't even know the taste of homemade Russian bread. Or the taste of food for that matter

I doubt that cia would deal with a schizophrenic animal torturer.

I am confused. The lady on the bottom is a British news presenter isnt she?

Why so butthurt, Ivan?