Xiaomi mi air notebook

has anyone tried xiaomi laptops before ?
thinking about buying one

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xiaomi_Mi_Notebook_Air_13.3
youtube.com/watch?v=keZEMqz61cU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anwar_al-Awlaki
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The amount of Chinese hardware backdoors on that machine must be crazy

I've often thought about buying the smaller one, but it's usually sold out.

i'd rather have chink backdoors than americuck backdoors f4malam

Brand directly supported by goverment. Your whole life will be stolen with that shit. China does not care about privacy and citizens accept it.

So what laptop you suggest that would be good and cheap ?

bogneck

Any proof what so ever?

It'd be as easy as using the laptop like a normal user and tapping the ethernet cable for weird stuff.

Don't worry, you'll get those American backdoors either way

Chinese botnet blocks American botnet blocks Chinese botnet. Win win.

I use it on a daily basis, it's a great laptop. Air 13 is some $600 atm

>power button in place of delete button.
nope

>2017 still trusting chinks
doogee phones have fake cameras and speks that don't mach the devices

slow ssd in the smaller 2017 model

i have no reason to buy a new laptop now when i have this x220.

reading what the US is doing is a huge clusterfuck, how are they even still operating is beyond me
i'd rather the chinese gets my info instead of the US
US cannot be allowed to continue this shit, this is just wrong

Supporting Chinese companies is supporting Chinese government

You'd have to be a complete idiot to not accept the fact that most chinese chink shit is backdoored..

Do you honestly want something that you have to ship overseas for warranty support?

I don't.

good
4000 basura

>deleting things
nothing to hide nothing to fear

how do you backdoor with hardware, some kind of chip?

>x220
Pic? Specs? Price? Source?

Not unless you present proof of it.

underrated

Xiaomi makes a few good phones, their iems and laptops not so much. Chuwi or bben maybe for cheap.

Their older iems are great. Especially the piston 2.

You should be more worried about american backdoors.

Wrong political views, mistakenly dl'ed CP, muricans can ruin your life over it. Chinese don't care.

I know 4 people who bought it:
One guy bought it in china itself, the only problem he has is the fan is broken and sometimes makes noise, he hasn't been able to find a replacement. He doesnt care because it can run fanless.

Other three guys bought it on banggood I believe, one retard dropped it and broke the screen ribbon cable, only works when the screen is in a certain angle. The other 2 work great, but one guy has the problem where the screen flickers slightly when charging... probably has to do with 50hz powernet here.

They're all running Linux except the retard who dropped it.

I received the brand new model last week.

Absolutely amazing, for the price.

13.3, super light, i5-7200u,
8gb ddr4 2133
PM961 256 gb ssd, with another m.2 slot
MX150 GPU - best you can buy for 13.3 laptops, probably will be for the next year and a half.
usb c with quick charge - 75% in just 30-40 minutes (this might wear out battery faster though, but I'll just buy a replacement battery every year or so.)
Great intel wireless chip.

IPS screen is amazing.
Keyboard is backlit.
Build quality is great too.

Battery life is not as advertised, on medium workload expect 3-5 hours.
When gaming cpu and gpu heat up to 70°C but it never throttles, which is also great.

If you put it on power saving you can squeeze just over 8 hours of bat.

All in all, very light, versatile.
I run it on windows LTSB

And btw, the PM961 SSD is absolutely mind boggingly fast.

Can barely see the windows booting logo from a cold start.

Oh and keyboard is very nice to type on, subjectively.

Touch pad is a microsoft precision, very very smooth and large, macbook like. I love it.

Fuck off, shill.

In the code.

If you're using windows you've got no right to complain about backdoors.

It looks really aesthetic..but $600 is a lot for a chinese product, if I'm going to spend that much on something it either needs a good warrantee or to be easily serviceable, I don't know shit about this chinese hardware, anyone more intimate with it?

MACTARDS BTFO

the fact that it comes with chromeOS and you cant even install linux on it let alone windows makes it a very bad device, a waste of money if i may say

>heats to 70C
Fuck that

>mistakenly
>wrong political views
show proof you pedo European cunt

At least the USA has heard of constitution and such. In China, there is no such thing.

Another worthless post by shitskins.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xiaomi_Mi_Notebook_Air_13.3

before posting check user

Link it my boy

>buy chink top
>start praising the Glorious General, Who Descended From Heaven on anonymous anime forums

What do anons think about Gearbest? Iv been thinking grabbing a cheaper Air model from there.

Do you pay import tax there by the way?

>i'd rather the chinese gets my info instead of the US
it's amusing you think china isn't a bohemiam grove tier satanic outfit like every other political elite. their flavor of cult is probably "evil buddha"

Its pretty good

Yeah, they heard of the constitution like someone heard of Jupiter. It doesn't really matter to them. Remember, Obama executed a US citizen extrajudicially and despite the constitution.

>Battery life is not as advertised, on medium workload expect 3-5 hours

My MBP2011 heats from 80 up to 100. 70 looks tame.

Do you have the fingerprint edition? I wonder how that part works

Where do you anons buy these? Cant you get fucked by chinks thanks to lack of warranty?

It's fine, but FastTech is usually, well, faster.

What about the warranties though?

You're probably not going to get warranties unless you buy direct from the manufacturer, or one of their official outlets. That goes for GearBest, AliExpress, etc.

Bought one, DON'T DO IT.

Screen goes white with I turn it on and doesn't bit 99% of the time. The BIOS are Xiaomi custom and suck. Also the fan is loud, cheap, annoying and non replaceable.

Doesn't boot, screen is just white*

So how do u gonna repair it? Did u send it back to seller?

white privilege

The idiot seller LightInTheBox offered me $100 store credit. I told them that's not good enough AT ALL and to give me a full refund. Now I'm waiting for a response.

The store credit was for me to keep the laptop. For some reason it's easier for them to give me $100 than to take the laptop and refund me.

Bump. Im bout to buy one for around 500 and install gnoo+leenux

Pls link,

Honestly, you're probably better off with a used ThoughtBook.

Youre fucked mate

I dont think so. A sed thinkpad costs so much more for the same specs. If I could find a used thinkpad without it being an overweight potato I might get.

Thinkpads also have warranty

Don't really need one, since if it is gonna break it will 99/100 be my fault, not the factory's. Besides it doesnt make up for the huge price.

you sure?
Chinks are selling shit that didnt make through the factory inspections user

does it cost more than $200?
if yes then it's dead and irrelevant

youtube.com/watch?v=keZEMqz61cU

>Using China botnet

NOPE.AVI

Who did he execute?

I'd rather die for Israel in a meaningless war that is for nothing else than establishing new business opportunities than being eaten alive by chinks 2bh.

Is he a shill?

Proof?

It comes with windows as seen in the picture or did I just fall for the b8

This is the dumbest thing I've read all day. Poor QC (which multiple people have even mentioned here) is not something you control

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anwar_al-Awlaki

My Xiaomi air 12 died by corrupted bios after 6months. Try to get warranty and got $50 back otherwise I could ship from Australia to China economy for $100 and wait 2 months, have a 1, month inspection, get is shipped back for shipping cost and have to wait another 1-2months. Fucking hate chinks. Low price goods are fine from China but the moment you put more than $200 into a single good from China you've pretty much given the Chinese Jews your money.

Install arch or fedora on it please

>When gaming
Fuck you, gaymer