/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for fags:
youtube.com/watch?v=q_IWHDreM2Q

>Strap Guide: pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aeu6Vj3M0EI
de.aliexpress.com/item/Top-Luxury-Brand-NAVIFORCE-Men-Full-Steel-Watches-Men-s-Quartz-Analog-Watch-Man-Fashion-Swim/32780622991.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Should I get this?

SCXP 041

The dial is nice and clean but the case is fucking ugly.

Who are some watch manufacturers who don't go full jew on replacement parts?

I wouldn't spend more than $5 on that but if you like it don't see why not.

your watch says homos

What watch is this?

Trick question, which was more expensive?

TAG Heuer ironically has one of the best spare parts policies, with almost no restrictions on buying stuff from them.

Rolex used to be good but they've closed shitloads of parts accounts and it's harder now to get stuff (but not impossible).

Jaeger-LeCoultre has a decent number of people with parts accounts, too.

The legendary cuck watch

A watch that tells the time

I like the high contrast. The case is very striking.

some kind of breitling

Pre co-axial omega is pretty easy to find parts for

Thoughts on the speedy pro Mk ii?

Ugly case.

>He actually waited for Vega

Nice job fucking up the OP again

>implying Tonneau cases aren't great

:^)

why is Sansa Stark narrating this video?

What's a nice quartz watch for under $250 CAD?

Penis-quartz.

Model?

I've notice hardly any women in these threads...why?

Are you fucking joking?

Anyone else pre-order their Equilibrium?

That particular one is a 5856-7010. There are a good number of different models though.

Don't answer obvious shit.

How tight should a watch be around your wrist?

It's a matter of preference, but a rule of thumb is that you should still be able to fit your index finger between the strap and your wrist.

Tight enough to stay put, not tight enough to make your wrist look like it's choking.

Modern mid-range mechanical watches are marketed almost exclusively to men, high-end mechanical watches marketed towards women tend to focus on high jewelery rather than haute horology, and watch communities are pretty toxic to women.

>and watch communities are pretty toxic to anyone
Fixed that for you, faggot.

how do I justify spending all my money on a watch
I just ordered a watch and I feel like shit

youtu.be/aeu6Vj3M0EI

So an idiot from Sup Forums is also shitting up Sup Forums from his phone? Sweet.

Buy Seikos.

I saved that pic from Sup Forums actually

>tfw spent a combined total of about $1,500 on my four favorite Seikos

Just get the Casio Pope watch.

An expensive turd.

Sweet jesus, it looks like chinkshit.

This Casio tells a simple message to the watch enthusiasts, it tells that you are well aware that you acquired a 9 dollar watch, made of plastic, that you do not care about their opinions. You stand on your own two feet and you are the boss of your own life. This timepiece is a brave choise and i simply love it!

Just bought this, super hyped. What is your opinion on homage watches like this? Better then parnis or alpha or on the same level?

It's a Breitling, it was only ever going to be disgusting.

A Seiko 5 is always going to be better that chinkshit.

or by simply not buying a watch, you show your true patrician tastes of being a full-on purist, the Highest order that a Human being could possibly obtain

There is Chink shit and there is Alpha/Parnis , your retard colours are showing, Weeaboo

alpha and parnis both use seagull movements though

meh, not really, most watch forums I lurk are pretty welcoming. I'd argue that they're full of bad advice, honestly. I see a lot of people recommending watches for people that are WAY too big, even for /wt/'s ridiculous standard for watches no bigger than 36mm. Agreed wholeheartedly with the community being misogynistic though

google seiko sumo and you'll see a slew of threads with pics and people going "yeah man, looks great"

Can you guys recommend me some watch?

I'm scared to buy a second watch because I will not be able to choose wich one I want to wear

Just wear all your watches at once.

w2c? They seem to be sold out everywhere

looks great user, I was convinced for about a couple of months on getting this until the very day I actually went to get it, I'll most likely get another similar style piece but different brand

Sorry I don't have aids

Alpha & Parnis are some of the best chinkshit but they are still chinkshit.

Fuck that's ugly.

Sometimes they pop up on eBay for about $150

Good. Women are annoying shitposters and lack taste.

You're a wife/gf/prostitute beater type aren't you? We can tell.

Judging by the size of some posters wrists coupled with their lack of body hair, I wouldn't be surprised to find out there were plenty of women in these threads. It would also help explain the contingent of small watch fetishists.

nothing wrong with small watches :3

I second this opinion.

Isn't that 38mm? I wouldn't really call that small to be honest.

its a smaller 34mm variant

>women can be horologists too
>we need more women in horology
>Rolex has been designing watches for white men for 100 years, this needs to stop
>Wind with Wendy horology camp
>twitter photos of a fem-horologist in Starbucks with her $2,000 watch repair kit about to change straps for a quartz Michael Kors
>it's time to stop shaming quartz movements, complicated movements don't automatically make a watch better
>a man outbid me on ebay, I was auction raped.
>A Blog to Watch reviews the "Tubman," the debut watch from an all female watch making team. It's clearly AliExpress chinkshit, but we rate it a 10/10. If you do not buy this overpriced piece of shit, you're a misogynist.

With all the coins he can mine he could buy a dozen watches.

>Wind with Wendy
That can be read both ways

Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post.

You forgot:
>the only watch you'll ever see man wearing these days are vintage pieces because it reminds them of times where they were in charge of horology, let us hunt down all the misogynistic, hand wound, complicated mechanical opresive watches on auction sites like ebay and melt them so we can stop quartz-shaming once and for all

>mfw trying not to buy cheaper watches when saving for a nice watch I really want
somebody make the pain go away

>Modern mid-range mechanical watches are marketed almost exclusively to men
Have you ever read a Seiko catalog you stupid faggot cuck?

What do you mean by ironically?

Tag Heuer is a dogshit brand.

I just got this Orient Star WZ0011EV, is the quality of the Orient Star line comparable to Seiko's SARB series?

it's better

What are some nice looking watches, size 39-42mm around the $1000 range?

C60 Trident 38

Colourful watch Sunday.

Vostok.

>Sorry I don't have taste

Ftfy

I mean 42

Nice Sqaule homage.

Hello,
I have never worn a watch in my life. Are there any nice chink watches to start with? I don't want to spend much money, just """training""" myself to not look on my fone as much as I am used to.

give a price range or style

below 20 bucks?? Maybe 50? I am a poor student ;_;
Style I dont know, but I just typed in "watch" on aliexpress and this one looks nice to me. What do you think Sup Forums?
de.aliexpress.com/item/Top-Luxury-Brand-NAVIFORCE-Men-Full-Steel-Watches-Men-s-Quartz-Analog-Watch-Man-Fashion-Swim/32780622991.html

casio website and buy whatever you like & is in your price range

Stay away from aliexpress watches

Should I get a blue or beige dial.

>Stay away from aliexpress watches
Why? Are they so bad?

just looked on the casio website. This one looks nice, but 299€, fuck this ;_;
Maybe I should just stay without a watch then

POPE
WATCH

Nah, man, just search on google "casio MTP" and pick the one you like the most, no need to order it from a website as I'm sure any store near you will have it and I asure you it will cost you lest than 40 bucks.
And if you pick one with a leather strap but don't like it because it hurt your wrist then buy perlon strap and you're done.

thanks. I'll look through em