That one guy who needs an IDE for programming

>that one guy who needs an IDE for programming

>that one guy who needs an IDE for programming
how else would you do it?

>that one guy who writes all his code in notepad

>>that one guy who needs an IDE for programming
So what? Get over yourself you arrogant little snot

>that one guy who insists on using vim for large projects with hundreds of classes
enjoy your (you), it's too early to resist this bait

>that one guy who gets paid for programming

>that one guy who needs a text editor for editing text

Hahaha look at that brinlet and laugh

>brinlet
who is the real brainlet now?

>He doesn't know the the word brin

is notepad++ an IDE by your standards

Do you like nigger dicks that much, user?

I do everything straight in memory with a machine language monitor.
I literary programme on paper and type it in.

>that one kid who doesn't understand that IDEs are objectively more productive in every way and that very few companies are going to just be like "lol use vim" because IDEs handle collaboration better

It's either all or nothing. You can have a team that's nothing but Linux guys vimming their way through development with git, or a team of people using one IDE along with whatever features it has for team collaboration. The latter is more consistent. It's also what you'd be using if you had a job, except you don't have one.

>that one guy who needs to make his life harder by using linux and no IDE because he thinks this will make him look smarter

Why the fuck do you need an IDE to collaborate?

>that one guy who has to program at work

Don't listen to him, he blabs about jobs while having never actually worked in the field.

And how the fuck is an IDE supposed to make collaboration better?

That's what version control systems are for as well as issue trackers.

>using bloated IDEs because you can't be bothered to set up an environment based around a real text editor yourself
That's the definition of a brainlet that's too lazy to do anything on their own. You might as well hope for a solution based on machine learning to replace your programming skills.

IDEs are irreplaceable for RAD. I made a client for our database without writing a single line of code myself. Yet it automatically generated classes for the entire database if I do want to change something, so I don't need to write sql queries like a fucking caveman. I won't even mention the editor itself - some things simply can't be implemented in a simple text editor.

>he needs autocompletion

you don't need to, but in my experience it makes my work easier and makes me more productive

it's up to personal preference I suppose, but I haven't encountered someone in a professional enviroment who didn't use an IDE.

Currently I'm using Visual Studio Code to do Node.js based web development

We have a jetbrains license but people can use whatever editor they want. We also work in pairs and have no trouble using each other's editors. People use vim or nano when sshing or editing the odd file but nobody uses it in dev. If someone joins the team and shows me they're just as productive as us with a full vim setup on his local machine then I'll applaud him, but I can't see that happening.

>that one guy who posts anime on a french frog board

Can't find anything that you couldn't get out of a proper text editor with some configuration. I wouldn't want to use a text editor based on electron and made by microsoft.

Oh, one more thing: you'll have shitty keybindings. Enjoy your GUI garbage that doesn't take full advantage of your keyboard.

Obviously you are not one of those guys who actually ship stuff

You can change the keybindings tho?

Also, why would I waste time setting up the functionality I need for a text editor when most of it is readily available in an IDE and plugins?

Just use a pre-configured distro like spacemacs if you want everything handed to you.

As for keybindings, you won't get a sane set of them by just rebinding stuff. You should take a look at emacs or vim and see how well thought out their keybindings are.

>that one guy who actually has a job instead of writing fizzbuzz in his mom's basement all day

>that one kid who pretended to be a hacker but didn't even know how to write a "hello world" programm

Good luck on working with this without jdeveloper, dumbnut

All you need is a text editor and a compiler/interpreter.
IDEs are useful for productivity but if you can't program without one you're a pajeet.