Windows general

Yes this is a Windows general
Talk about Windows

Other urls found in this thread:

ufile.io/54fv5
ufile.io/w5yir
go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
hackernoon.com/the-2017-pentester-guide-to-windows-10-privacy-security-cf734c510b8d
youtube.com/watch?v=JrOb84MetfQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Windows are the best

>in before mad freecucks ruin the thread

Hahahaha this post made me laugh. Here have an upvote funny guy

I'm having an issue and fuck it, windows thread for my windows issue. So I reinstalled windows and all my apps, and my computer updates itself somehow and I ended up with the stupid malicious software removal thing and now no app will start. Atom won't start, Avast won't start now, deluge won't work and when I tried qbitorrent it installed but wouldn't show the GUI, PIA VPN starts but won't let me right click to login. What's happening?

Something happened.

You fucking clever shit, well timed. But seriously need help. I might just reinstall windows. Again.

Did you se Micrsoft Toolkit to activate it?
Download Anvi rescue disk and install it tk USB/DISC and run the scan on both system and registry. You got malware bro

Windows UI went to shit with WinXP
Windows as whole went to shit with Win10
And Windows hasn't ever been the best OS

Dual booting 7 and 10.. haven't gone back to 10 in a few months now... Might just wipe that partition.

I cant open apps from the search bar
For example I type "Paint" and press Enter nothing...Try with Paint 3D and does work

And now I'm searching for a solution

Thanks BUDGET-soft

Why do Linux fags hate Windows so much? Is it really just because their precious super important secret stuff is supposedly visible to Microsoft and NSA?

(((Windows)))

They are either pedophiles that need to hide their cp collections or paranoid schizos who think everyone is spying on them

It because you have to literally be mentally retarded to use Linux. Their hate is just a symptom of their mental retardation.

>Windows men
Notice that ass first.

>Linux guys
Notice the tits first.

>Apple people
Notice the abs on the guy first or that the ass woman's top and panties are color mismatched which is a no-go.

I had the same problem a while ago; no programs would show up when I typed in something in the start menu.
Don't remember the steps exactly but you need to reindex the start menu.

Windows is a fucking piece of garbage that only belongs to the

I'll take the bait. If Windows is so trash then why does 95% of the world depend on it?

Because they are computer illiterate, plain and simple.

I was reading about the index, I'll try at morning thanks anyway

marketing??

Agile is cancer.
Windows as a service is a mistake.

Server 2012r2 was the height of perfection (in the Windows world). Would love to see some of the 2016 Hyper-V changes get backported though.

Hello faggots
It is me, idiot OP
If you don't like Windows because it is unstable it's bloated etc, etc
Just use NTLITE and edit your Windows () ISO to your liking

Searched a bit for it, it may just be Control Panel -> Indexing Options -> Advanced -> Rebuild.

I used malwarebytes and it's coming up clean, nothing there.

you've fucked up pretty bad
reinstall windows and don't use fucking microsoft toolkit ever again
try this ufile.io/54fv5 | it works for me

install gentoo

Windows Vista is the best

I should just for once stop trying to debotnet windows 10 and just leave the system as is. What do I do? I run scripts and edit registry files and delete files to try and reclaim my system. And this always happens. I'm starting to give up on fighting the botnet honestly.

Actually unironically this
The problem with Vista was lack of initial support and low-end Pentium Dual Core shitboxes with 512MB of RAM that shipped with Vista.
Vista itself did nothing wrong.

My touchpad isn't detected by windows wtf, doesn't even show in device manager. Manufacturer drivers don't install at all.

it works fine in bios and fedora though so it's not hardware failure.

fucking asus

Vista did plenty wrong, cancers like superfetch were introduced

>reboot
>"cannot find ntoskrnl, oops :^)"
apart from that russian roulette that is windows update i have no major complaint with vista.

I'm using LTSB, when my 90 days run out can I install regular Enterprise while keeping my files and programs? Windows toolkit works with Enterprise, right?

windows is cute!

Update, I uninstalled avast, rebooted and everything just fucking works. Avast was the problem!

please have mercy on me and tell me how you did that?

install eset
here's my notepad with a bunch of licenses
ufile.io/w5yir

Is Windows 7 the last good windows?

windows visual style, themed firefox/foobar/sublime

ltsb is good (for now)

What's he using to view images? I've never seen a image viewer with so little clutter

Lets find out what Windows says about your issue

jpegviewer

Install GNUmale/Lincuck

>micro
>soft

I've used 10 for a while a bit after it started being given away for win7 users.
It was going okay, didn't like the UI though and saw some problems here and there, but nothing unmanageable.
Then some stray update came. I turned my pc on in the morning, got myself some breakfast and came to a totally blank screen, only the cursor was present.
I figured something stupid was going on and it would start up properly after a few minutes, but even the task manager wouldn't show up.
Figures, i tried going to safe mode after restarting a few times and seeing that it wasn't getting any better.

Same thing in safe mode. Panic ensues.
Luckily i had access to the installation files elsewhere, a disc drive and a usb drive.
At first i tried repairing it. Didn't work, stuck during installation for an unusual time. Tried reinstalling it. Same thing, stuck for an hour on a certain percentage. Wiped my HDD, and then my second HDD. Same. Fucking. Thing. By this point half my Saturday is lost on trying to get the fucking thing working.
I just happened to hear a thing or two about linux at around that time, so i installed that. Turns out my drives didn't even wipe out, I had like 7 new paritions god knows where those came from.
I honestly didn't want to wipe my pc entirely, but the win10 installer actually refused to do a soft install, probably because it kept making new partitions even though i opted for a full wipe.

I wasn't ready for linux at the time since i knew little about it so i downloaded a win10 installer again. After a full wipe using linux, and about 2 tries i finally got it to work.

But my fucking licence key wouldn't get accepted, for once i got a genuine copy and this shit happens.

Fuck windows 10. I know for certain there were at least 2 more people with that retarded blank screen problem, and i must've had some divine bad luck to fall on both that and the update aneurysm, but never again windows ten.

Apparently, microsoft gives too little time for their devs to correct bugs before release, they just release something that is pretty much the beta version and fix it afterwards with a fuckton of patches.

Glad to hear it worked out!

let's shill some AVs
I'll start

ESET is a non-bloated, stable and effective AV with an IDS firewall that's easy to customize.
>muh paid
no

kek

Why can't Windows let us have an advanced mode with no telemetry stuff.

LTSB

I want something I can buy with legit holographics

cuck

>enterprise

I'm worried about infected Windows iso. Is there a way to download the file from msdn

what the fuck is wrong with you ?
go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
this is original one from microsoft, install it, when it prompts you to check "I don't have a license", boot it up, ufile.io/54fv5 crack, install a reliable AV and done.

what are those types of windows called? they're from england right?

Thank you. Nothing is wrong with me

>ufile.io/54fv5 crack
Running your own server with kmspico or microsoft toolkit is a lot better than relying on something that might disappear at any moment.

Apparently this is development culture in India. Intentionally release unfinished software into the wild and then start finishing things based on used feedback.

MS's CEO is Indian. Do the math.

hackernoon.com/the-2017-pentester-guide-to-windows-10-privacy-security-cf734c510b8d

anyone have experience with tiling window managers on windows? which do you recommend?

it doesn't even have ltsb pajeet

kek
makes sense

well yes, but I'm yet to find one that won't install adware rootkits on the system

Is the EA CEO Indian too?

>I'm yet to find one that won't install adware rootkits on the system
I listed two. Get them from mydigitallife.

can people post their windows 10 start tile things

I'm trying to decide how to organise mine / what to include

Did Intel just leak the new Surface Book or is it just a design of the previous one?
youtube.com/watch?v=JrOb84MetfQ

i don't hate windows. I hate what microsoft has done to it, but the system itself is mostly usable. I just prefer linux
i'm none of those things though.

visual style name pls?

When are they going to change the garbage UI or at least put some custom one?

When they finally choose a design language and stick with it. So never.

Read it all, I trusted it before this "I have no attitude towards MacOS X, because I've never had a chance to use it from what I've seen on screenshots this OS has the worst fonts antialiasing among any existing OSes"
WHAT???
This is one of the things which are best macOS.

blame microsoft, not me

I remove them all completely.

can you have them in a compact list like win 7 had?
or do you just not use any start menu shortcuts

Bay windows.

windows 10 made me switch to linux permanently

no dual booting, no looking back

thank you windows 10, i only wish you were released 10 years ago

fuck, this all looks so ugly. would be better without the big colorful tiles behind the icons.

Windows 8 made me switch from Linux to Windows permanently.

I use search to run applications that have start menu entries but aren't pinned to my taskbar.
For everything else there Everything.

Nice for coming here and telling us about it. More news about your life at 11

>buttblasted shills

you narrative is collapsing niggers

no one is buying the 'windows is cool' story

Sorry my dude. I don't care about your shitty life. If you are that mad to to come in this bread and post about it then keep going.

it's not
but try running witcher 3 on loonix

I can't post mine right now, but I put one large icon on the left and all related icons smaller on the right. For example large steam icon and next to it my steam games small.

Oh well, at least on Windows I can actually get shit done with top quality software. Linux is great for servers and ricing, I'll give you that ;)

I just search for what I want to launch, alternatively most used software are on taskbar and some less often used software or workspace is on desktop.

Except you can rice Windows just as well.

>what is gpu passthrough

your ineptitude precedes you

>top quality software

why are you using words you do not understand, pajeet?

>no dual booting, no looking back
>GPU passthrough
Changing your narrative to suit your arguments I see. Enjoy being a freecuck.

Adobe suite, MS Office, Visual Studio. Come debate me when you quit your job at McDonalds and get a real job ;)

>not understanding how gpu passthrough works

please, show us some more how poorly trained you are at the microsoft shill center

??
Why do you reply to me with a "gpu passthrough" as if i would care about it?