Post your *real internet speed

Not from speedtest.net

It is highly unreliable especially if you are not in the US or EU countries. Only few big companies have their data servers in or near 2nd/3rd world countries. So while it will be faster to access servers from those companies, same connection line can take ages if websites or companies don't have their localized servers near you.

Here is my speedtest. I download a random movie from tpb. My isp promise 20Mbps and peek speed is 20Mbps while the average is 1.8Mbps.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NHykpuFkKQ8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nice numbers and nice speed friend

Wait, do you think MB/s=Mbps?

Are you being retarded on purpose right now?

>isp says 100 mbits
>i only get 20 mb

my isp promises 150 but steam only downloads games at 25

No. Why?
They have speedtest.net servers in my country so speedtest reaches upto 100Mbps, but my actual connection is 20Mbps. And when I use some servers and websites I actually get a lot less.

I'm not at home right now but there is no real difference between speedtest.net and "real" internet scenarios. I can get 80-115MB/s downloading torrents, steam, star citizen, etc. Speedtest.net gives the same.

At these speeds however only major services(steam, Google, etc) or torrents from private trackers will achieve speeds greater than 60MB/s.

I'm trying to get this fixed. I am promised 3 megabit, hardly ever see more than 1.5 anymore. Even at night after peek hours. I know "up to" but if I am paying $45 a month, I better be getting what I pay for.

Depending on the torrent it's either 2-3MiB/s or 6-8MiB/s.

Seems to top out about 5.6MiB/s.

I guess in your case 20 MBPS=/= 20 Megabytes.
It is Megabits per second. Hence the unreliable speed.

1.8MB/s is like 14Mbps. Just saying. That's pretty close to 20Mbps.

Location should not affect throughput. There is probably an issue with the infrastructure in your area if this is happening.

>mfw have to drill through about 30 cm of concrete for cat6
have to get a drillbit large enough to get through a wall and floor, but I don't know where I'd be able to rent one and noone really ever uses such big drillbits.

i just started downloading this in 4K quality

i pay 30 dollars a month for 60 down

youtube.com/watch?v=NHykpuFkKQ8

Local hardware store? Around here that'd cost like $15-20 to rent for an hour or two.

You don't need a special drill, just a masonry bit. You can get a set for like $20

120/10 Mbps, ~ $16 USD
upload goes up to 1,1MB/s

I don't believe any of the hardware stores near me rent stuff out, but I just remembered that there's a small warehouse nearby where I might be able to loan one.

I have one such set, however none of them are even close to 30cm and even the longest one is about 12cm, which makes drilling both sides useless too.

And now that I've just looked, there seems to be a hole for a potential radiator, which still requires me to drill 15+ cm, but is doable with the 12cm bit.

8MBps is so close and yet so unreachable

18$ per month

I got a 30cm one at Granger a few years ago. I think it was pricey but I needed it for a similar situation.

I live in Europe, so I probably don't have a Granger here, but I'll check one of the warehouses near me tomorrow and see if I can get one somewhere.

I might want to get a better router though, if I'm going to use the speeds I'm willing to pay for. Anything recommended that reaches gigabit speeds for a tiny price?

With or without wifi?

>torrenting
>real internet speed

autism at it's finest

Wifi isn't needed, as I'll probably need to have a bigger range than most routers can even provide, so I'll just get some repeaters for wifi.

You could play the game entirely mounted on a network drive across the internet.

Whoa.

Mikrotik hex. The newest revision

do you have a gigabit nic? Maybe pick yourself up a used gigabit router. Gigabit routers have been mainstream for like a decade, so there shouldn't be an issue if you aren't looking for Wifi.

Ah, wrong term, my fault, but I meant a modem/router.
However, after having a closer look, it seems mine does have gigabit speeds, the older one I was thinking of only had 100Mb.

Seems I have a gigabit router/modem afterall, and a motherboard I'm getting should support 1Gb onboard, which hopefully works as intended.

It should. Then you just need Cat 5e or 6 cable...and a good length masonry drill bit.