Why are all the arguments against owning a Mac so childish?

Why are all the arguments against owning a Mac so childish?

>b-but muh vidya games!
>b-but too expensive (cant afford premium products because living with parents)

Is there any reason for a grown man with a job not to own an iMac?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SOH0hdYR36Y&app=desktop
youtube.com/watch?v=vOJjAho26JA&t=0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because they're just computers, they don't do anything special or spectacular over any other computer. Its not worth the 3k price tag for what is effectively mobile laptop parts in a desktop.

The only arguments are that either you really want a Linux OS, you want something Unix like and want to save money, or just want to be a hobbyist and have more control.

I just want to be able to open a terminal, just like in linux. It is convenient for me that the OS works really well and is in a nicely packaged product. Money isn't really an issue for me because my works pays and if I want something myself, I'm not poor

Fuck yeu appfel schill

Because Apple doesn't have desktop parts in any of their consumer computers. Only the mac "pro" has desktop parts, but even those are outdated.

And yet, they manage to sell them charging a premium for what's essentially laptop parts.

All this because of "mah design" and "aesthetics".

I have an Asus Strix GL502VMK with a Core i7 7700HQ, 16GB of DDR4 RAM and an Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB with a 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD. It is a laptop that cost me 1,300 dollars.

For around the same price I could just buy a MacBook Pro with a dualcore i5 and integrated graphics... What a great deal!

Fuck off shill

And here we have a perfect example of

>Muh cant afford.

If you had money you could afford a better specced Mac.

Also, why do you need all that stuff? Is it, let me guess, for

>m-muh gaming!

>Grown man with a job
Grown men spend their money wisely.

this, money doesn't grow on tress. No matter how much you make.

>can afford a laptop at apple prices
>y-you can't afford Macs thats why you hate them
are you dense?

If you want a Mac and it does what you need it to do you should get one.
If not, don't buy a Mac.
Wow, that was hard.

But I already own a 5K iMac user. UwU

I could buy an Apple laptop - or I can buy a more powerful machine that runs Windows, and can run OS X on the side for about the same price.

Face it, I have a better laptop than you, and I paid less money. Oh, and my machine doesn't throttle to 800mhz when under load ;)

also, just because "gaming" is in the name of the laptop doesn't mean it can't be used for other things. A dedicated GPU IS a dedicated GPU and can be used for video editing and such.

now you're really getting desperate. even the higher specced ones will throttle like hell and they'll still have a horrible price-to-performance ratio
any old ThinkPad would suffice as a facebook machine. OSX can be run in a VM. social status isn't everything in life.

Because the hardware in them is fucking terrible

youtube.com/watch?v=SOH0hdYR36Y&app=desktop

>buhu i have never had to pay bills so i say that everyone who doesn't waste money on worthless hit lives with his parents
sure kiddo

You can only afford lower end macs.

I have a macbook pro 2017 15 inch.
It's alright, but you can't actually do ANYTHING on it. I'll start to render a video, and the damn thing gets so hot that they keyboard keys are effected. They become super squishy and clicky.

My built PC doesn't have any problems because it has actual cooling. Hell, my 2013 imac runs better because it doesn't throttle.

Oh well, it is nice for bringing places and doing light work. Also got it for really cheap because I work for apple.

>not wasting money characterized as childish
What did he mean by this?

All Macs are low end
The highest end MacBook Pro has a GPU that is almost 40% weaker than the GTX 1060 that is in my laptop, which again, cost me 1,300 dollars..

>built my desktop
>own apple laptop
Best of both worlds. iMac is trash. Nice displays, though.

hello gay mcdickinmybutthole

We have this thread every other day. It's always the same shilling. Report and move on.

??
Are you 12?

>muh specs
*breaks down within a year*

I didn't write about social status. I just said that people who want a Mac should buy one and people who do not want one should not.
Even the use of OS X is not limited to a Mac as things like hackintoshes exist. Also you don't have to use OS X on a Mac. This was simply about wanting or not wanting to own hardware from a specific manufacturer.

>overpriced
>slow
>break easily
>shit ascetics
>can't fix them
>company actively makes it difficult to be fixed
do you want more

applecare just werks
stop being poor
macs are fast enough, i do powerful computations on servers anyway.

So I have been thinking about getting a MacBook Pro but never owned a apple computer so I'm debating between '13 or '15 I'll be using it for browsing I'd also like to learn photoshop and video editing 4K so I'd like one that can handle all that without to much problems and this will also be my go to computer for the next 4-5 years so if anyone has advice much appreciated

No, it's more like "if aesthetics are more important than specs to you, then yeah go ahead and pay that Apple tax which keeps shareholders happy with huge profit margins".

Do NOT buy a MacBook Pro, they throttle to 800mhz when under load, you will not be able to render 4K videos very well and the laptop will get very hot while in use.

Because for the price of mac you can get a better pc

> social status isn't everything in life.
This children is what delusion looks like. If you don't have status you're a worthless nobody, but I don't expect neets to get that.

ask yourself how much of that you'll be doing, i feel like i always read that on here but i'm convinced fuck all people are actually doing it

photoshop is a shit piece of software, it runs shit almost everywhere, its up to you how much you can handle

video editing without lots of post processing doesn't require all too much. the one apple makes is fucking fantastic when it comes to rendering despite what people on Sup Forums might say

>they throttle to 800mhz
so...this is the power....of apple

Overpriced has nothing to do with wealth. You're thinking of expensive.

lemme just drag around that 5kg gayman laptop

Looks like the only neet here is you. Laptops are tools, not toys. MacBooks are expensive toys that perform like trash for the money. Just go grab a Windows laptop that is 10x better for the same price. No girl is going to hop on your dick all because you have a Macbook and nobody is going to give a shit if you use a thinkpad, they are fucking laptops.

Why do people keep saying that? My macbook never throttles due to overheating.
In fact I only had problems when it was to cold.

because they're jealous and poor

>I only had problems when it was to cold.
computers don't work that way

Newer laptops with Nvidia 1xxx GPU's are much thinner and perform similar to their desktop counterparts. If you actually did any research you would know that. They don't weigh 100 pounds either

youtube.com/watch?v=vOJjAho26JA&t=0s
stfu apple shill

completely unrelated but i feel like when its cold as fuck here one of my dell monitors won't turn on, its only a thing in the winter when its cold

what?
I own the top model 15 inch from 2017. How am I jealous or poor?

Christ almighty I swear you shills are dumber than rocks.

1.) They constantly overheat and thermal throttle. I need to get work done not browse facebook.

2.) The elevated price is simply not worth it. I can easily get something more powerful for the same price with more bells and whistles.

3.) Mac OS does not support win32 programs which incidentally is what most professional software is made in.

Only poor people care about social status.

yes, they do. chips have a temperature range in which they work best.

>most professional software is made in.
what is most professional software
everything made these days is made for the web so technically you could finally use whatever os

Didn't the CEO of apple come out as gay and is now pushing his gay agenda on children?

They make good college/grad school machines because they have great battery life while still being UNIX.
I haven't used the new pros yet but my 2016 macbook air is still chugging along nicely, 13 hours of battery if I'm just using skim and a browser, 8-9 with heavy use
Haven't had any thermal issues but then again the air wasn't designed by nu-apple

no one gives a fuck about unix today

I'll be a beginner in that category but as gain experience and knowledge I'm sure I'll do more I'm just so indecisive on which one to get it's hard especially since it will be first computer

>what is most professional software
Made in win32 which Mac OS cannot run.

>everything made these days is made for the web so technically you could finally use whatever os
Do you have a source to back that up? I work with computer animation and going from an 20-core CPU @ 2.4 GHz to a dual-core one that throttles to 1 GHz would put a huge damper on work I need to get done.

>macsbooks don't throttle, they work on a desktop level
>everyone who says they don't have problems with their Mac is an apple shill.

All of my wat.

Asif the rich and middle class don't care. That's just a comforting lie you tell yourself. Let me know the next time you see a rich guy in sweatpants driving a beat up civic.

pics or it didn't happen.

>I work with computer animation
then you should know nuke works on everything and not every mac is a macbook

You not watching any of the videos related to the MacBook Pro thottling? You're literally shilling apple at this point, everyone knows that macbooks throttle, you're the only one who has an issue with it

My whole family drives BMWs and Porches (on leases) yet we all live in a single 700K home where 6 people help pay the mortgage. This is not an argument.

>do you not watch videos of people having problems you don't have to write of something you don't have problems with
bet you voted trump too

What the fuck is this shitty bait thread?

I do
having easy access to ssh, a sane file hierarchy and a proper, functional cli are important to me
Also being able to stream movies, files and music from my home fileserver is great.
I have an rsync chron running on my mac that syncs my document folder remotely every 30 minutes, so I never have to worry about some freak accident ruining any work for me.

Sorry I work with keyshot and maya. I actually have to get work done not make shitty attempts at 3d animation.

Alot of Autodesk stuff and engineering software is still Windows only and even on multi platform stuff you still might want to use on windows because you can use better more updated hardware.

buttert much?

>having easy access to SSH
wow any fucking OS can use SSH today

>functional command line interface

congrats, youre autistic and no college gives a fuck about unix

>all the arguments
bullshit

What about
>non repairable
>throttling and temps from hell
>laptop grade performance even without throttling

you know, a grown man with a job wouldn't throw money into the trashcan

>Literally cannot understand the simple fact that all of the newer MacBooks have shitty cooling
>Attempts to insult me instead of providing proof that I am wrong
rlly makes me think

I hate their sterile aesthetic and mac os isn't for me.

using ssh on windows is a giant fucking pain in the ass

>literally cannot comprehend that macbooks have bad cooling and will throttle if put under heavy load
Remember the image in? That's a MacBook Pro heatpipe... Yeah exactly

nuke was just an example you thick bastard, also maya werks on mac

I feel bad for people who early adopt apple products
NEVER buy the first 3 generations of any apple computer
The 2019 macbook pros should be pretty good.
I'll buy one in 2022.

Yeah but the mac port sucks. In fact it was a big reason why our team got our macs replaced with Lenovo workstations. Yeah they're bulkier but offer more than 10X the performance so now we can get work done in days instead of weeks.

>buying entire new computers instead of doubting the software company
seems like a shit business strategy

theres plenty of alternatives on the same level as maya not even being some freetard here

I'm an applefag and there's literally not a single redeeming thing about their current lineup of laptops/desktops. They unironically went full fancy facebook machine.

>Is there any reason for a grown man with a job not to own an iMac?
The mirror-like display.

>paying $1000+ to make your own life miserable.
Yep, that's what a grown man would do.

>double click ssh terminal
>it opens

wow so hard

Apple makes horrible desktops but god-tier laptops.
Prove me wrong.

It easier to replace machines than it is to replace the software training/experience. Moving from macOS back to Windows while still using maya is not nearly that big of a hassle than to stay on macOS and try to switch to something other than maya.

>>buying entire new computers instead of doubting the software company
>seems like a shit business strategy
>theres plenty of alternatives on the same level as maya not even being some freetard here
We were on macs m8. Their CPUs would constantly throttle below 2 GHz while doing basic tasks like watching youtube videos and overheat to 90+C° + throttle to 1 GHz when we tried rendering things.

Anyways if you plan to browse facebook and have more money than brains then by all means splurge on the lastest apple abomination.

>1600 for base 27inch model.

can buy killer pc and monitor for less.

>babby that never did any work tries into discussion
Everything that isn't putty is half-broken and unusable, putty and all its flavours are unironical torture devices.

Thank you fellow user. You took the words right out of my mouth and made the explanation concise.

My school requires you to ssh into the centos server for lab assignments.

I wear sweatpants and don't even have a car.

Their current laptops are awful.

>ssh into the centos server

thank god there's only one of them.

I weighed up a 2016 MBP vs a 2016 XPS 15, in the end I went with the XPS, couldn't be fucked with that stupid fucking emoji bar on the MBP and it cost nearly a third more.

>no college gives a fuck about unix
>t. """"autodidact masterrace""""

assuming they already know maya its not hard to switch to another 3d software
software is just a tool to help you further

this is still a very niche work field you said MOST professional software doesn't work on mac only to find out its just a shit port which i cannot deny or confirm because i don't know

a sane man with an original thought told unironically
i like your style

My reason simply is that I find Linux to be more customizable at the very core.

Furthermore, Linux boots faster (at least on my setup) faster than any Mac (even the in store demo macs!) a whole hell lot faster.

Even furthermore, if you need another nail in the fucking coffin, Macs are overpriced pieces of shit, and I'd rather save the thousand bucks on the name and spend 3-4 hours building & setting up Linux in total than spend the extra thousand dollars to get the out of the box "it just werks" experience.

Finally, I'm a tinkerer. I don't want "it just werks." I want to configure everything myself. It's far more fulfilling, and especially since I'm a freelancer, it doesn't impede on my schedule that much to sit down and do such a thing.

Thus, it fits my workflow miles better. I don't care if you enjoy using macs, I can't stand it's cumstain design, overpricing, prebuilt preloaded bullshit, it's slow boot times, and the fact that I have to hack it apart in order to even set it up the way I want it to just curates an overall terrible experience.

And with my last breath, sage this bait thread.

dude, gone are the days of macbook air and macbook pro. These new machines are truly dissapointing. I hope they get their shit back on track before they become, uh- even more of a joke than they already are?

>assuming they already know maya its not hard to switch to another 3d software
Do you even have a job?

>this is still a very niche work field
Oh yeah I forgot the worth of someones work is based on how popular is. I guess browsing facebook at starbucks is extremely important.

What's wrong with centos? It's fine for writing basic code. Anything bigger I write in an ide and use sftp to upload it on to the server.

>Do you even have a job?
started wondering the same about you

>Oh yeah I forgot the worth of someones work is based on how popular is. I guess browsing facebook at starbucks is extremely important.
you're a troll or retarded nice

Using the difference in price for something better like a trip, or a second hand motorcycle, out one year subscription to some gym or other lessons.
No reason to waste 2 extra grands for such a small return in performance